mail order seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blunt

I kill them all
Reaction score
i bought some seeds mail order from the UK and they shipped on the 17th of last month. im in the midwest USA and havent seen them yet. the shipper confirms they left on the 17th. the seller is very reputable so im wondering if someone snagged them like customs. im hoping the mail is just very slow. has anyone else experienced this long of ship time for seeds? the order wasnt cheap either and thats whats bumming me out. thanks

A lot of times it can be anywhere from 7-28 days for shipping from the UK, which you are coming up on the latter of. If customs snags your shipment you will be getting a letter. All you can do is wait and see.

Back in March I ordered from Seed Boutique. If I remember correctly it took about 3 1/2 weeks to get here, and thats without any of the holiday rush. The extra mail from the holidays could have slowed yours down a bit.....give it another week. Good luck. :)

i orderd some mai seeds from holland it took about one month.. mayb yo wll get it soon

It took 7-9 days to get my seeds from the UK. But maybe i am just lucky.

I always order from Dr chronic, never took longer than 10 or 11 days to Canada, usually only about 7.

ive always been a little wary of this system, is it safe to have seeds shipped to your house?

thanks, that answers my question. as long as i dont get a letter ill assume they are still coming. im anxious to get going

smotpoker said:
A lot of times it can be anywhere from 7-28 days for shipping from the UK, which you are coming up on the latter of. If customs snags your shipment you will be getting a letter. All you can do is wait and see.

isthatjohnstamos said:
ive always been a little wary of this system, is it safe to have seeds shipped to your house?
IMHO,I would say NO.Dont have anything to do with growing sent to the same house that you are growing in.Get a PO box under an other name.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Sending seeds to a house with a future or current grow is a little risky. However, setting up a PO Box under an assumed name is very difficult; particularly after 9/11. You need several forms of ID for PO boxes and unless you have some hook-up's for fake ID's, you're probably not going to get one.

Besides, I think the risks involved with setting up a PO Box with a fake name would be greater than the risks of having seeds sent to your home.

Still, even a PO Box under your name is safer then getting stuff sent to your house. If you do get a PO Box, make sure and get it somewhere that has a lot of volume. Small "mom and pop" mail drops are no good. If you get a Green Tape Monster, that might raise an eyebrow or two and cause suspicion. Then you might have something to worry about. The higher the volume of mail in the mailboxes, the less people are going to pay attention to individual pieces of mail IMO.

well im going to move in aug so i think right before i leave im having some shipped to my current house what do you think is this safe?

IMHO you should be fine as long as your gonna be moving and not growing at that address. ;) You always wanna play it safe mang.
isthatjohnstamos said:
well im going to move in aug so i think right before i leave im having some shipped to my current house what do you think is this safe?

Latest posts

Back