micro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickyichy

Reaction score
So here is the deal. I had a space that is 6 feet by 10 feet. Tons of room right? well the deal is that my not allowed to use it anymore because it has to be a little more secure. I found a place that is 2 1/2 feet wide by 2 feet tall and about 9 feet long. I’m wondering if i could grow a descent amount off 6 compact floresnts. it would put me at about 600 watts of light. i know i can veg them at that stage but flowering would have to be done with the same lights sadly. plus im going to have to do my own wiring, the wire box is right next to my space so it shouldn’t be hard to access, but i don’t know if i can get the power turned off to the box without being asked a lot of questions. the other option is that there is one light socket in there that i could convert to an outlet for my purposes.

I have 3 babies chilling under one flor right now kind of hiding so i would love to get this operation up and running as soon as possible.

I’m not really looking for the best weed or maybe even a lot of it, just something i wont have to pay for so i know these conditions ****. they will just have to do untill i get something better. ill post pictures later.

that new place sound like one heck of a micro grow spot but you didnt really give us enough info on your proposed grow we have the space thats cool but we need to know how many lights (you said 6 CFLs butwhat size are they 13w 25W42W etc) and its not how much light watts you have its how much lumen per square foot and if you have a socket available why not use it and a surge protector/power strip ( especially if your not to electricaly inclined) but if you can get that info to us we may beable to get you on the way in a bit less of that space or get you on the right path toward how much more lights and all youd need heres the lumen youd need for that area 2.5'x9'=22.5sq'x5000(lumen/sq')=112500 total lumen to make it grow through veg and flowerbut heres the kicker your going to lose space with potters and lights and thats not alot of head space man but it could be done

yeah sorry about that. no i would be using 25w cfls, i could go higher then 6 but 6 is pretty comfortable, and they are having a sale near me :D. But yeah your right i know a lot about lighting because i have been operating a coral reef fish tank for a while now. Money is an issue, :( or else i would just get a hps 600watt and put that in there with fans and ventilation but cant work so we are going to go with the 6 cfl. I planned on sectioning off the space so that it would be more like 2x2x4 so i would need less lighting. that would cut my lumen down to about 50000. im guessing i would need full sepectrum cfls or atlest ones that runn at about 5500, and that would still put me a little short. at about 33000. can it be done on less then that? Yeah i thought about it a lot, i think i'm just going to hook a socket into that lightbulb socket and use a surge protector.

you have me all confused now i think you should sit down and write out exactally what kind of grow (how big) your wanting to do and then see if your space is permitting. then you can move on to lights and remember that its 3000 lumen per square foot minimum (WxL=sqft...sqftx3000=lumen requirement) and if im not mistaken those 25W CFLs only put out like 1200 lumen each so with only 6 bulbs thats 7200 lumen thats good for a space of about 1.5sqft.. so take some time and think on this do some math think things through cause were not even to fans and ventilation yet

Latest posts

Back