Prepping 1st Indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscarzuma

Reaction score
I ran some power and set up the new tent today. I'll get lights and fans up tomorrow. I'm traveling this winter so my grow won't begin until March, but I've been accumulating all the supplies I'll need and am germinating a few spare Banana Hammock seeds for a test run right away. I want to see how strong the light is before I start more expensive stuff. I picked up a bale of promix to use for first crop. My buddy will raise the Bananas while I'm gone.

One question about the exhaust fan, where will the air enter the tent from? My Mars Hydro 2x4 has various venting openings, but I wonder about light leakage during the finish. I'm using Mars' TSL 2000 for the sunshine.

Attachments

• 20231228_151804.jpg
    20231228_151804.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231228_151830.jpg
    20231228_151830.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I ran some power and set up the new tent today. I'll get lights and fans up tomorrow. I'm traveling this winter so my grow won't begin until March, but I've been accumulating all the supplies I'll need and am germinating a few spare Banana Hammock seeds for a test run right away. I want to see how strong the light is before I start more expensive stuff. I picked up a bale of promix to use for first crop. My buddy will raise the Bananas while I'm gone.

One question about the exhaust fan, where will the air enter the tent from? My Mars Hydro 2x4 has various venting openings, but I wonder about light leakage during the finish. I'm using Mars' TSL 2000 for the sunshine.
I attach an air vent hose to the bottom vent for intake air. A few bends in the vent hose prevents light from coming in or exiting the tent.

For venting the exhaust, I use a vent hole near the top since heat rises.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.png
    IMG_0074.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks. My seeds will be in dirt in a couple days under some fluorescents, I'm eager to get them under the bright lights and experiment with their intensity so that I'll be ready for my first grow.

If it’s a led light you using you don’t need a exhaust fan

Testing out the tent light. Started them at 25%, maybe 18 inches away, and they seem alright with it. Both twins struggling, I'll yank the weaker one tomorrow. I forgot to put a hygrometer in until today, rhythm in the room is 48%, I'll check tent weather conditions out. Banana Hammock x 9 lb Hammer.

Attachments

• 20240117_104650.jpg
    20240117_104650.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
I'm back from travel and getting set to start for real. I gave these four plants to a buddy to keep. He stashed them in his nursery room to try to keep them small. I brought one home to play with. Previously misidentified, this is 9 lb Hammer x Dosido's. It had a few mites and a tiny bit of pm, so I scrubbed them, used neem, and am keeping it out of the tent until I get it's all clear.
I'll germinate next week for my official start. By the time I flip them, the excess plants will go outside, should be in May. That's the plan at any rate.
Here's my sad little 9 pound dosi. Spent a night outside and gone through some rough treatment. Now I'll experiment on some plant training.

Attachments

• 20240310_155350.jpg
    20240310_155350.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

If you using led you DONT néed exhaust fan that’s just my opinion I never ever used a exhaust fan

I'm back from travel and getting set to start for real. I gave these four plants to a buddy to keep. He stashed them in his nursery room to try to keep them small. I brought one home to play with. Previously misidentified, this is 9 lb Hammer x Dosido's. It had a few mites and a tiny bit of pm, so I scrubbed them, used neem, and am keeping it out of the tent until I get it's all clear.
I'll germinate next week for my official start. By the time I flip them, the excess plants will go outside, should be in May. That's the plan at any rate.
Here's my sad little 9 pound dosi. Spent a night outside and gone through some rough treatment. Now I'll experiment on some plant training.
She looks a bit hungry. I'd get her in better health before the twisting and cavorting begins..lol. Nice start. Good to see your back and can deal with these ladies yourself. Best of luck.

She looks a bit hungry. I'd get her in better health before the twisting and cavorting begins..lol. Nice start. Good to see your back and can deal with these ladies yourself. Best of luck.
Yes, she's been abused pretty bad and held back, but the mites are gone and she's in the tent and will start getting nutes when shes thirsty. It's headed outside eventually and I don't want it to outgrow my space before I can get her under natural light. I'm just beginning germination for the main grow. I've got Critical Mass, Runtz, OG Kush, and Watermelon OG. Some strains with quicker flowering times and good hardiness for my initial indoor crop.

If you using led you DONT néed exhaust fan that’s just my opinion I never ever used a exhaust fan
I can't go without one in my tents. Humidity get way too high when lights are out. Bud mold is a real possibility.

Ozcarzuma,

If you are soil, keep it drier as opposed to wet. You will be rewarded once you find the balance or the plants find it first, and you still get rewarded. The yellowing I believe is SOIL TOO WET

Latest posts

Back