Foiliar Feeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I've got a question. Yesterday was the first time I ever foiliar sprayed my plants; I fed them Pureblend Pro Grow 3-1.5-4. This fertilizer contains magnesium and calcium. I would like to foiliar feed them again today, but using seaweed extract this time. How often can one foiliar feed plants without hurting them?

Your advice is appreciated,

Alistair

Alistair Young said:
Hey everybody,

I've got a question. Yesterday was the first time I ever foiliar sprayed my plants; I fed them Pureblend Pro Grow 3-1.5-4. This fertilizer contains magnesium and calcium. I would like to foiliar feed them again today, but using seaweed extract this time. How often can one foiliar feed plants without hurting them?

Your advice is appreciated,

Alistair

I never spray my plants, there really is no need.
Dont just do stuff to do stuff, I know its hard when you want to give your plants some love but somtimes nothing is better.

Slowmo77 look at his thread..

The reason I have tried foiliar feeding is because there is some sort of nutrient deficiency problem that isn't being corrected by normal feeding. I've been calling this a magnesium deficiency problem, but I'm not sure. I'll post some pics later on. I need some help in figuring out what the problem is. Perhaps I'll post another thread with pics, explaining all the details.

Alistair Young said:
The reason I have tried foiliar feeding is because there is some sort of nutrient deficiency problem that isn't being corrected by normal feeding. I've been calling this a magnesium deficiency problem, but I'm not sure. I'll post some pics later on. I need some help in figuring out what the problem is. Perhaps I'll post another thread with pics, explaining all the details.

Let us know what you need help with buddie...

Here's the pics from one plant. All these pics come from various positions on the plant; some older growth near the bottom of the plant, as well as newer growth towards the middle to top of the plant. A lot of them are large leaves, but some leaves are medium in size. What do you think these leaves are telling me? What kind of problem does it have?

This plant represents the other big plant that I have. The these are the two biggest plants that are having the problems. These plants are two months old and are have been in their four gallon containers with FFOF soil for six weeks.

I think that most of these plants are showing a magnesium deficiency, so I added epsom salt to their diet. This didn't seem to correct the problem. I'm adding magnesium in the form of Pureblend ProGrow and epsom salt. The problem persists. So, I foiliar sprayed them with Pureblend. Still not happy, I want to spray with seaweed extract.

I wonder if they're root bound? I don't think they could become root bound in those pots in as little as six weeks, but maybe they are root bound? Even so, shouldn't foiliar feeding solve the problem if I give it the right nutes?

I tested the soil pH and it seems to be good.

Can anyone help me here?

Alistair

Thanks Turkeyneck,

But what is causing the problem? Or, better yet how do I fix it?

Alistair Young said:
Thanks Turkeyneck,

But what is causing the problem? Or, better yet how do I fix it?

Hey

Ask a Slowmo77,Melissa,Hick,Timmy6j .. one of them will know what your problem is buddie..

Latest posts

Back