Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: The White x The White-bombbudpuffa!, Hippy Slayer - Kraven
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Marijuana Hydroponics
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #1
deadkndys

deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys deadkndys
Default Recommend me a pump

So I am in need of a new pump for my dwc tote. Because the two I bought are too weak. Its a 18 gallon tote 3 plants in 8in net pots. How many gph should the pump I get use? I was going to get a dual outlet pump that is for 60-100 gallon aquariums. Or one that is rated at 126 gph.
deadkndys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

I just got this one and am happy with it. IMO, the more bubbles, the better. This one is 240 gph and fairly quiet.
Amazon Amazon
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:55 AM   #3
trainfriend
Fat, dumb and happy.

trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend trainfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadkndys View Post
So I am in need of a new pump for my dwc tote. Because the two I bought are too weak. Its a 18 gallon tote 3 plants in 8in net pots. How many gph should the pump I get use? I was going to get a dual outlet pump that is for 60-100 gallon aquariums. Or one that is rated at 126 gph.
You nailed it! General Rule of Thumb. You'd like your solution to recirculate about 7 time per hour. So one that moves 125 GPH should get the job done. 7 x 18 gallons = 126 GPH. A 150 GPH will get you about 8 cycles per hour. I'm not so sure that going larger offers any benefits. Plus the fact that pumps add heat to the solution. (unless you have an inline refrigerated chiller)

Use caution however. Insure that the gravity feed tube FROM the epicenter/rez TO the plant module can flow back fast enough so the return line from the pump to the epicenter doesn't overflow the epicenter. (speaking from experience here) LOL

Then again...you have a 18 gallon Tote, correct? What is its actual capacity in gallons? My guess is you're somehwat closer to 12-14 gallons of actual solution.

Equipment:
UCXL6 Site Under Current
1 - Black Dog Phytomax 1000w
1 - Black Dog Platinum XL 750 upgraded with Phytomax Boards.
trainfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 PM   #4
tokenzen

tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen tokenzen

Get a Linear Air Pump, super quite not cheap but worth every penny. I use an Alita 35.
Alita, Air Force, Sweet Water, are just a few solid choices.
tokenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
pcduck
InmYgArdEnwATcHtInGItgRoW

pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck

Nutes eat air stones. Use heavy duty air stones.

Helpful Greenhouse Links

Feed the soil
pcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #6
Hushpuppy
Dr MadBud

Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy

Its real important to look at the amount of lift each pump has. It can be a high gph pump but if it isn't capable of lifting the water high enough then it wont work. I usually find pumps that will lift 3-4 feet. They work without issue.
Don't fear the Drift TGC#2112

Blueberry punch
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=57271
Stealth cabinet grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...389#post745389

Pup's new stealth closet
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=70037
Hushpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #7
Hushpuppy
Dr MadBud

Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy

I just realized that you are looking for an air pump I was talking about a water pump.
Don't fear the Drift TGC#2112

Blueberry punch
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=57271
Stealth cabinet grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...389#post745389

Pup's new stealth closet
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=70037
Hushpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote