Newbie grower, in the tropics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindywoo2

Reaction score
Good day to all you awesome pot growers!
I’m new to the forum, I just started growing autos in Mexico.
I had one grow of PP in Canada before I moved here. I choose to grow autos, because they say they are hardier, more resistant to diseases and weather challenges. I’ve had three grows since April 2023. Two were very disappointing, very tiny plants, so I added nutes, general hydroponics. I tried to make my own supplements but it’s very hard to find a lot of the ingredients here to make them.
My current crop of four plants are sitting in darkness for 72 hours. My last grow showed remarkable new bud growth after three days of darkness, so this time I’m stressing them with a screw in the main stem as well.
I have seven other seedlings started, two weeks in now. I bought some big bud booster to add to the next grow as well. Because my buds are airy, hard when on the plant, then after harvest they become airy.
Anyway, my reason for the post is to hopefully find a forum for tropical growing outdoors. I need as much help as I can find, as I’m originally from Canada and growing even vegetables here is way different then back in chinada.
My autos typically don’t grow much higher then 60-80 cm, some even smaller then 60 cm, my first auto grew to 15 cm, yielded less then 10 grams, lol my yields are less then an ounce per plant, because they are so small. At first I think it was too hot and maybe they got too much sun, summers here are typically 38-42 Celsius with 80-95 percent humidity, and that may have been the issue. Once I started feeding nutes they became a bit taller. I added a couple pic of my last grow, which was better then the first two for sure.
Each grow, I learn something new, lol.
Any help finding info on tropical outdoor growing is much appreciated!
Happy growing!

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpeg
    IMG_0941.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0938.jpeg
    IMG_0938.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0772.jpeg
    IMG_0772.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Welcome aboard the Passion.
You will find a lot of Auto growers on here
Look for threads of a member called Carty. He is a pro with Autos.

My current crop of four plants are sitting in darkness for 72 hours. My last grow showed remarkable new bud growth after three days of darkness, so this time I’m stressing them with a screw in the main stem as well.
Not sure that I would recommend any of this but I am not in your situation. My opinion is to keep it simple and let the outdoor plants do their thing. I use Fox farm soil and nutrients + cal mag. I try and protect against bugs and mildew. Water water feed but let them dry out before watering again. Autos are always going to be smaller. If possible grow some non-autos and see how they do.

Good day to all you awesome pot growers!
I’m new to the forum, I just started growing autos in Mexico.
I had one grow of PP in Canada before I moved here. I choose to grow autos, because they say they are hardier, more resistant to diseases and weather challenges. I’ve had three grows since April 2023. Two were very disappointing, very tiny plants, so I added nutes, general hydroponics. I tried to make my own supplements but it’s very hard to find a lot of the ingredients here to make them.
I have seven other seedlings started, two weeks in now. I bought some big bud booster to add to the next grow as well. Because my buds are airy, hard when on the plant, then after harvest they become airy.
Anyway, my reason for the post is to hopefully find a forum for tropical growing outdoors. I need as much help as I can find, as I’m originally from Canada and growing even vegetables here is way different then back in chinada.
My autos typically don’t grow much higher then 60-80 cm, some even smaller then 60 cm, my first auto grew to 15 cm, yielded less then 10 grams, lol my yields are less then an ounce per plant, because they are so small. At first I think it was too hot and maybe they got too much sun, summers here are typically 38-42 Celsius with 80-95 percent humidity, and that may have been the issue. Once I started feeding nutes they became a bit taller. I added a couple pic of my last grow, which was better then the first two for sure.
Each grow, I learn something new, lol.
Any help finding info on tropical outdoor growing is much appreciated!
Happy growing!
Well you have come to the right place. There are growers here from all over. I am in Southern New Mexico near the Border In ElPaso Tx to Juarez Mexico. My weather was over 100 degrees F for 46 straight days then another 20+ after that. It was our hottest summer on record. I had to water 2 times a day. I grow photos outside in summer and autos inside in winter. Carty has a thread Autos’ Done Carty’s way. Look it up read it and keep it handy. My autos before Carty looked like this. The sour 60 got 6 inches. I am following The instructions as closely as possible and these are my new autos at three weeks. It is a great thread. I am very pleased.
Start a grow diary and share your grow. People will chime in. I grew sugar haze last summer and got more than a pound of dried cured bud from 1 plant. I usually get about a half pound. From photos. My autos that I grew were mystery strain from free seeds got about 30 inches tall. That was good for me and autos. Right now I am 3-4 weeks in on my current autos. They are huge and I have not even sexed them or up potted them. When I add the mykos they are going to turn into trees. I hope I have room for them.
Cheers Jan

Attachments

• IMG_2413.jpeg
    IMG_2413.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2481.jpeg
    IMG_2481.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Love the chinada reference. It is true-dough…😁

Welcome to the Passion. I would be careful stressing your plants. That can cause them to hermie and is unlikely to increase yield. The healthier the plant, the better the harvest.

Absolutely correct Jan. Stress is no good for an Auto and is very easily done if your not careful.

if your going to do anything to an auto you got about 2 weeks, and thats not a guarantee (mainline)

Latest posts

Back