First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I truly appreciate the input. I am seriously considering "the basic requirements" as I write this note. I will order the HPS light Thursday. I have decided to close up the back of the boat and use the whole room back there. Besides, when anyone walks into the boat they can see right back there -- I NEED to put in a little wall and doorway, black out the windows back there, put in some good light, ventilation, get some good soil, and I will have enough "private" space for vegging and flowering. I have found another place to get seeds, and will order on the first. I will get one of the HTG supply HPS lights, upgrade the hood, and set this floating grow in motion. I have time -- no hurries -- patience is the key -- I definately have the desire. My chihuahua "Bubba Cush" thinks I'm nuts, but what does he know -- I am the one with all the college degrees, lol. Peace people -- and thank you soooo much for the words of confidence.

boat?

...did i miss something?

i like to start my seeds in 1% h2o2 (which is really a mix of water and h2o2). ...plop the seeds in a coffee cup 1/2 full of it, put coffee cup on top of something warm (like your cable box or something that gives heat and is most always on). 2-3 days later, max 5 you should see something. nothing by day 5, then you should look for new seeds to plop in there (with fresh h2o2).

...from popping they go straight into either a rockwool cube or my soil medium. either way they sit in a 16oz cup for a few weeks to a month after that.

peace,

mr_chow

Yes, Mr. Chow, I live on a small (35') houseboat. Can't say where, but in the SW. I have no electric bill, my rent is 400 a month, and there is plenty of water. There are a few issues, but mostly only the weather. Right now it is 110 degrees f. outside. I am managing to keep the temp down to 80 in the boat, and I believe everything is alright in that regard. It will cool down in a few weeks, and then I'll need heat -- I guess there s always something else. Thanks for stopping by -- I like your starting technique -- I will do it that way as well. Peace

HemperFi said:
Yes, Mr. Chow, I live on a small (35') houseboat.

that's freakin' cool, man. can say you're the first person i know who's doing that...probably not the only, but definitely my first.

peace,

mr_chow

UPDATE: I'll be damned if one of those little seeds didn't pop last night. "IT'S GROWING -- I'm a grower. I'm stoked. It's just the sexiest little thing I have ever seen. I guess the soil isn't too hot. Now, if I can just keep it alive -- and it's a girly -- and....

HemperFi said:
Now, if I can just keep it alive -- and it's a girly -- and....

lots of ands and ifs, but if you remember it's a WEED and don't over think some things, you'll be fine.

...tendency for newbie growers is to overwater for the first few times they grow (i know; i did), anyway, remember, the young ones don't need much.

buy yourself a turkey baster from wally world or a grocery store. it's a much better watering tool for the first few months.

peace,

mr_chow

I have a turkey baster -- good idea.

I had almost given up on these "Mighty Might" seeds. I almost didn't water the pots last night because I thought it was probably a waste of time -- glad I did.

I will try hard not to over water, over feed, over heat or over think -- hard

I framed in the back of the boat thinking I would put a propper door there, but when I was done I just tossed a sheet up there and it works just fine. The air blows in over the top, and it is staying in the 70's in there even though it was 107f today. This is going to work out fine.

I'm still working on the picture thing. I have down loaded the program, now I have to learn how to use it -- I am taking pics -- they are in the computer -- it's not rocket science.... sheesh....

It is not a weed!

HemperFi, congrats on your new baby. Just give it plain water for a couple of weeks. Nutrients can kill it now.

I forgot, I used the turkey baster to change the oil in the little outboard on my dingy -- I'll get another one. Right now I'm using a drink shaker that works pretty good.

Another seed is poking it's little head up out of the soil. I have twins :)

*passes out cigars*

Thank you HG. I am giving them plain lake water. The PH is right at 7, It's the same water used by everyone farming anything in S. Ca. Must be pretty good stuff. I bring it in by the bucket and let it get room temp -- so far so good. I expect I'll probably hear about how I'm suppose to make my own water or something -- "Take some hydrogen add a little oxygen...."

Just water for a couple of weeks -- got ya HG -- thanks :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
It is not a weed!

not to split hairs, but a weed can be defined as "any plant that grows wild and profusely"; ever been to tennessee/kentucky? :p

if you want to be all "scientificy", it's really an "annual, dioecious, flowering herb".

...geez.:rolleyes:

she's is right, though, if you've got them in some soil, they really don't need much of anything right now. ...you could throw a clear plastic cup over 'em if you don't have them in a humidome or starting chamber. i used to use old 2-liter bottles. just cut off the screw cap and place on top of soil. remove and let plant breathe a couple of times a day.

peace,

mr_chow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb

Wild hemp is a far different product than what we are trying to grow.

A pH of 7 is a little high, but right now it does not matter. The pH of the water affects the plants uptake of nutrients--this is the main reason that pH needs to be within certain parameters.

what do I use to adjust the PH? They are so beautiful. I DO feel like a new daddy. My babies.
i don't know how to express what I am feeling now -- thank you all -- and hang in there with me THG, I need you :)

On another note, I had company tonight. They didn't even question the partitioned off back of the boat.I just said it was another bedroom, and they understood. I feel a lot better about this thing now. I can keep it a secret. too cool.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Wild hemp is a far different product than what we are trying to grow.

it's called "ditch weed", and given the right conditions and a female, it would grow just as good weed as any mexi-schwag...ask me how i know :rolleyes:

hemperfi...a pH of 7 is perfect! ...it's neither basic or acidic. don't go below 6.5 or above 8.5. soil takes a little longer to get to and recognize ph-lock...so as long as your ph stays in the range, you'll be okay. ...i wouldn't even worry about it.

peace,

mr_chow

mr_chow said:
it's called "ditch weed", and given the right conditions and a female, it would grow just as good weed as any mexi-schwag...ask me how i know :rolleyes:

hemperfi...a pH of 7 is perfect! ...it's neither basic or acidic. don't go below 6.5 or above 8.5. soil takes a little longer to get to and recognize ph-lock...so as long as your ph stays in the range, you'll be okay. ...i wouldn't even worry about it.

peace,

mr_chow

Sorry, but I have to differ here. A pH of 7 is not perfect, you want your nute solution slightly acidic for best nutrient uptake....and ditch weed will never produce bud like quality strains....why would anyone take the time and energy to grow something like Mexi-schwag?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Sorry, but I have to differ here. A pH of 7 is not perfect, you want your nute solution slightly acidic for best nutrient uptake....

i digress...

...seems like HG knows everything you need to know hemperfi, good luck with that. if you need me i'll be in my journal.

mr_chow

The Hemp Goddess said:
Sorry, but I have to differ here. A pH of 7 is not perfect, you want your nute solution slightly acidic for best nutrient uptake....and ditch weed will never produce bud like quality strains....why would anyone take the time and energy to grow something like Mexi-schwag?

wow...you're mean.

you're assuming that his medium isn't slightly acidic??? most potting soil mixes are on the acidic side (-1.0 to 0 off 7). plus your nute additives should adjust the ph down for the most part. so 7 is perfect for me and, imo, for hemperfi's application. no need to adjust.

...if i could access my old pics, i'd show you how beautiful mexi-schwag is when grown properly and not seeded. actually seeds from mexi-schwag and seeds from jamaican-schwag have been some of my most "tasty" grows ever. mostly sativa genes and 100+ days of flowering, but buds like you've never tasted before. most peeps don't like growing schwag bagseed b/c of the unknowns. i grew 'em b/c they were free and i needed the practice.

peace,

mr_chow

Latest posts

Back