What's happening with me....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
Got some real bad news. My function has dropped from 25% to 17% in just 6 months, most likely due to the prolonged inflammation of the kidney from a form of backflow problem called vesicoureteral reflux. He said my function is lower then whats mandatory for dialysis...:eek:

When I was burned at 18 months of age all over my body, there were internal injuries as well, one of them being damage to the flap valve(s) in the ureters that allow urine to flow back into the kidney's (never a good thing)

So I have two new doctors. One Urologist is watching me locally (monthly I should say) and the other one is my transplant doc up at Virginia Mason (who I go see the 18th, in a week)

My local urologist saw my blood work and my chronic condition (reflux-induced nephritis) and immediatley ordered me to have an indwelling catheter that will help remove all urine from my kidney. So far it's working real well and since I've been consistently intermittently cathing myself since '87 (12 yrs of age), the permanent cath isn't much of a change.

He said hopefuly this will stop/stabilize or maybe even reverse SOME of the inflammation damage (nephritis) to the kidney. I've since started taking 150mg cbd caps to maybe help in that respect.

I definitely have noticed my mind being alot more muddled as well as my hunger and want of food has sort of dried up. I eat...but I just don't crave or like it...:(

Anywhoo...just wanted to tell everyone what was happening...I don't know if this transplant doc I see next week is weed friendly or not but when I asked about transplant centers he said this guy's the best on the West Coast and told me to stay away from Swedish Medical for who knows what reason.

Much Love to my MJPeeps,

7greeneyes:)

Holy sit green...I had no Idea!

I really hope you get better. If you ever need anything or someone to talk to let me know...fkn really crappie news for me. I was hoping I missed some spectacular stuff, not bad stuff. :(

thanks guys, I'm stayin' positive. I've had bout 6 months to really wrap my brain around this.

And all this at the point of having the most varities, the most tuned in grow in years...hopefully this transplant doc won't draw the line in the sand in regards to cannabis use. If he does then I'll stop...smoking. Growing is a whole other thing...

Thanks again Hippie420 and Trillions, it helps having support in Internet-life as well as real life...lol...

Oh man 7 G, I have been wondering what was going on with you. I am sure sorry to hear what you are going thru. Virginia Mason is a great hospital. I am not surprised your doc is so good. Do you get on the list for a kidney transplant? My friend had one and has done amazingly well. Only good thoughts to you, our MP friend.

Thanks Rose.

No not yet. Next Thursday the 18th I go see the transplant doc and get on the list.

I really really appreciate you posting and sharing. It helps. :)

7G, if your not feeling well, please don't worry about posting our news. I know you help with that at a few sites and if your not up to it we will survive. I like that you do it, don't get me wrong cause i enjoy that link. just don't want to put anymore on ya.

Oh man, I feel for you. My sis has renal failure. Right now she is at about 20%, up from a low of about 15%.

Keep us informed--you will be in my thoughts.

Thanks Rose, Hamster my friend and Hemp Goddess. Will do. I probably will still do the news and post, just not as much for a little while. I'm still, like I said, trying to wrap my head around this and move on.

Thanks for the love everyone.

Head up, stay strong, all good karma coming at ya. Got an aunt who`s waiting on her 3rd transplanted kidney. She`s 70 and her 1st was at least 25 years ago, maybe 30.

Erin is doing better. She's beginning to shed her water weight and is improving. Thanks Smokinmom and everyone else who posted.

I'll update on the 18th for sure.

Hope all works out for you. You will be in my thoughts a prayers.

Thank you so much pcduck, I can use as many prayers and thoughts as possible.

Also; thank you, my good Dr Greenfang for the thoughts.

Peace brothers and sisters.

thanks Aluminum Monster, it's greatly appreciated. :)

Latest posts

Back