LordHighLama : Multi Strain Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't use anything...
got em' from my buddy, from what he said he just cored out the starter pellets and put the cuttings strait in with a dry rooting solution.
I won't be rooting mine that way until I at least give the bubbler a go.
But I was rather impressed with the amount of roots sticking out of those little pellets. :)

So what do you guys think about the new light setup. I've never used tubes before, are my plants to far away from the light above?
Does it look doable to get the third ballast in on the door side on some kind of hinges?

hmm yeah maybe they are a bit too far?
i obviously dont know jack but maybe theyll stretch if
kept like that. i dont know anything about floros specially t8s
but i think the closer the better, but i dont know how you
would get them any closer. and squeezing that 3rd ballast in there
is beyond me :confused2: you could try the door, or maybe just put
them in a different room, or build a box special size for that one ballast and just have a cloner box/room all reserved for clones. try and see what works best

I've actually got two more ballasts that haven't been used yet, but feasibly can only fit one more in my space. I'm hoping to have the third ballast mounted just like the one to the side on the left same height, only difference would be that it would have hinges so that I could swing it up and out of my way when I go to water and visit.
But now thinking about it a bit I see what your saying about not being able to get the younin's any closer cause the swinging would run smack dab into my plants. :(
As you can see I'm still stumped on this one...

yea its possable,
hang the fittings on chains from hooks,
you can ajust them then,
yea get those plants as close to the lights as possable,
looking good though!
bet they'll love the cooler temps in there!

I sure hope there going to love the lower temps.
As it is now growth has slowed to almost a complete halt.
that's why I wasn't to worried about getting them moved over so soon.
even stretching would be considered growth at this point lol
Although I am hoping that when I get home and check on them tonight that I start to see how effective those tubes are going to be.

What about those clones swift,, you think they will be ok in those starter pellets until my buddy picks them up this weekend? I told him I wasn't going to put them in soil but I'd keep em moist.

Nice light set-up. Looks pretty bright in there. You could bring the seedlings closer to the top lights probably.. Quite an operation you've got going there :).

yea they should be fine over the weekend,
just keep them moist and they should be happy there,
im sure you'll see some improvement when you come home,
did you move your plants closer to your lights?
just finished my outdoor garden,
planted 10 plants,it was hard work!
had to dig alot of crap and roots up to plant them!
you would be very proud!
i forgot my cammra when i was planting,
so ill have to get pics tomoro,

well so much for keeping them moist.. Oops
got home last night from work and my clones looked great,, not so great for my buddies. :( Those darn pellets were completely dry and the clones were as limp as... well never mind. :)
Brought them into the air conditioned house soaked em in ph'ed water and stuck them in the window seal, the leaves looked very shriveled and dry.
checked on them this morning and three of the five were starting to perk back up, but two of them still looked really sad.
So they are still in my house so they shouldn't dry out today.

mental & swift : I did move my seedlings a bit closer to the top light last night, just used some boards and stuck them under the plastic bin.

swift : good to hear you got your outdoor moms planted and happy... your not starting another journal are you lol

hey lama,
yea they would be fine if you kept them moist lol,
not to worry,even if they dont come back to life, you can always share some cuts when you got them rooted and veggen a while,
i was realy tired and went for a nap this morning after planting my garden,
when i woke up it was 3pm, do'h
i hadnt been out to water at 10am like i should have,
and the plants in my flower room where not happy with me at all!,
i lost a few leaves, not too worry though,
i have them watered and co2'd up now!
dam all that digging realy took it outa me!
as for another journal,
im not sure if id be allowed have another one!

haha,, swift if you try and start another g.j marp might have to start charging you rent for the storage space. lol :)
But I hear ya on the watering, those hot temps really take a tole quick if your not on top of it. I guess it was another one of those do'h moments!
Three of the 5 clones are recovering nicely
the other two still look mad at me but I still think they'll make it.

goneindawind : good to see you around man, thanks for stopping in!

Hey lama
got any updates man?
i dont feel comfertable when i dont know
how all my buddys grows are doing.

:lama:

Hey Lama if your plant is sick, you should slice up about 3 tablets of 88mg of Asprin to a 5 gallon water. Then feed your plant the water. That should help heal your plant.

sorry guys been pretty busy lately. been struggling to even find enough time to nurture the younins. Now that all have been moved into the new veg cabinet they are really loving life. All the beans that sprouted from the NL and Sat are doing well. I have one runt sat but it is still healthy.
I can't say enough good things about those florescent lights, almost no heat and the veg growth is so dense and bushy.

I finally got my bubble cloner put together and right now I've got 4 clones in it, they have been in there for 4 days so no root growth yet.

It is really nice having all the extra room in my veg box and the temps have been manageable since moving to the shop. :)

I'll try my best to snap some pic's tonight when I get home. I watered last night so they should be nice and perky for you all. :)

Just Bouncing Around Kinda Checkin Things Out Since I Am New Here But All Of You Guys Kick A** And Are Very Inspiring To Me.the More I Look And See, The More Amazed I Am. I Have My 1st Grow Coming Up Now Of Some Good Commercial. I Thought I Would Get A Jump On Learning And Man Are You Guys Showing Me!i Have Northern Lights Seeds On The Way And Hope I Have Things Good By Then. If I Can Get The Comm To Grow, It Will Give Me Hope For The Lights.i Am Looking For Some Good Easy Strains To Dabble With Until I Get Tuned Up On All Involved. My Hats Off To All Of You And I Hope To Have Some Pics Of My Own Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Green Mojo To All

hey thought I'd let you know for future refrence that "humboldt organics" dot com has the 1 lb foxfarm soluble trio packs for 60.50 (72.00 shipped to your door)

Well I figured it was time to bring this journal back from the grave. I had some very unfortunate things happen on my last attempt at growing my NL and SAT, and my entire veg chamber was wiped out by spider mites. :eek:

Once I moved everything out into my shop under the T8's the attack began. I wasn't able to contain the infestation and everything was ruined. :hitchair:

Since then several things have changed for me... the veg box is back in its original location since the chilly winter weather has kicked in the heat isn't an issue right now. Also a lack of smoking has been an interesting experience. If you don't know what I'm talking about I've got a link in my sig for that as well. ;)

Anyway now for the part everyone likes... the PICTURES. :D

GROUP_BEFORE_LST.jpg
Here they are vegging along prior to my lst work.

GROUP_AFTER_LST.jpg
Again a group shot of them after I did some canopy management.

NL1.jpg
The one NL that I haven't lst'ed yet. Prolly will happen soon, but right now the canopy is pretty even.

NL2_LST.jpg
First NL plant that I did some minor lst work on. I just tied some yarn around the pot and used that as a tie point. Seems to work out well.

NL3_LST.jpg
The other NL that has had some lst.

These are my three satori plants. Haven't done anything to these yet, they seem to grow much shorter than the norther lights so right now I'm just trying to keep the norther lights around the same height as these three.
SAT1.jpg

SAT2.jpg

SAT3.jpg

They are all sitting under a 400w MH with a mini sun soaker reflector. Just gave them there first feeding two days ago.

I planted them in that general organics soil as seedlings and then transplanted into black gold. Most of them seemed to like it just fine, but lost a satori and northern lights after transplant.

Anyhoo that's all I've got for now, till next time smoke on this for me... :bong1:

thx lama2. lol
hopefully won't have to contend with mites this go around since I've moved everything back to there original home. Never had a bug problem there so should be safe this time. Hooves crossed of course. :)

Latest posts

Back