LordHighLama : Multi Strain Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guess so. lol
there a little over a 4 weeks.
started them just a bit before I had to quit smoking. :(

lordhighlama said:
thx lama2. lol
hopefully won't have to contend with mites this go around since I've moved everything back to there original home. Never had a bug problem there so should be safe this time. Hooves crossed of course. :)
Good to Hear. ( a little neem oil doesnt hurt, just to be safe) Goodluck!!!;)

Good news... went into the grow room last night to check on my plants and spotted preflowers emerging on all three of the NL's. :woohoo:

Just tied down the last NL as it was getting taller than everything else. Now I just need to wait on these satori's a bit longer to see some alternating nodes coming from them. :D

Gonna try and pull a few clones off of the NL and see if I cant get them to root.

sup LHL

guess we can compare when we finish up. Just to make sure I'm really growin NL :doh:

Lookin good dude :cool:

:welcome: cunga... so what do you think. Yours seem to have a similar leaf structure no?

I am fairly confident you are working with NL but its tough to say. But ya should be fun to compare once we have some buddage going on. :hubba:

You no....after a while they all look the same :watchplant::eek: But I do see the same structure, except for my #3 plant. Either way I'm still expecting some good sheit to smoke :ccc:
I think next week I'll switch them over, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.
later

Update time... 12-23-09

Took some cuttings from my vegging plants, figured it was as good a time as any to get some clones and get them ready to send into flower. Took 2 cuts from each plant and stuck in rockwool cubes, and dipped in earth juice rootstock gel.

Haven't cloned this way before so I'm hoping for some success. The donor plants were getting so bushy that it was barely even noticable that I took the cuts from them. I figure I'll give them till this weekend before I throw them into flower.

clones.jpg
here are my little clones... you can see in the pic how I labeled them from A to F by plant.

under_dome.jpg
under the dome.

tube_lights.jpg
I'm using a 4ftx4 T8 ballast for my lighting source.

doner_plants.jpg
the donor plants are doing well, hoping for at least one female from both strains.

labeling_system.jpg
here is how I'm keeping the lettering system strait on the donor plants.

been slacking on the updates over here... currently working on building a new cabinet for veg, clone, and flower all in one. Should be rather stealth once complete, but ran out of 2x4's in the shop this weekend to complete the frame.

I've been holding off on switching over to flower until this cab is done... but I really need to switch soon or these are gonna get to big.

Sex has been determined on one of the satori's as female and one NL has shown male the other 4 are still undetermined right now. Clones are still hanging around, showing a little yellowing on the lower leaves but still no roots yet. Getting a bit nervous about that, it's been 13 days and still no roots :(

I'll snap some pic's 2nite and post an update for ya!

Sounds good!

Do you have something to keep the underside of your clones warm? I was having the same problem last week with my clones. I purchased a small under tank reptile heater (4w I think) attached it to a piece of glass then put a piece of wood on top to absorb the heat. Seems to be working really nice at keeping the roots warm. Just a thought.....

no I don't have anything under them keeping them warm, and maybe that is causing the rooting process to be really slow. Might have to look into something like what you mentioned if these don't start showing roots soon.

hi parcero,, long time no see buddy... hope all is well for you.

Update 01/06/10

Well as I was saying yesterday my cloning with the cubes have not been the success story I was hoping for, but I haven't given up hope just yet. It's been 14 days and none have shown roots yet. Things are starting to look more and more yellow as time passes, so maybe there still trying to push some out. Maybe a heat pad would help speed the process?

The plants are all starting to show signs of being root bound, some much more than others. Really need to get these things flipped, sexed, and transplanted SOON. :eek: Gotta get that cabinet done this weekend no matter what now.

Took some pics of the plants last night, they are needing water everyday since they are quite root bound, and are looking a little droopy by the time I give them there drink.

So far I have one confirmed female and one confirmed male, the other 4 are still up in the air.

I've got to run for a minute but will post pic's shortly. :bolt:

looking great hope u get females!!! when you are able to smoke again you will have quite the stock~

2Dog said:
looking great hope u get females!!! when you are able to smoke again you will have quite the stock~

thanks for dropping in 2dog... I hope I get some more females 2 but if not no biggie right, I can't smoke em' anyway. :rolleyes:

FA$TCA$H said:
bet ya get a huge growth when they get their new home

ya, I'm pretty sure once I get them some more root space they are gonna go wild on me. I just hope that I haven't hurt them or stressed them to much from keeping em' root bound for so long. :confused: We'll see I guess.

What do you all think about the clones? Think they might root still, just taking a bit longer due to the cooler temps at the cubes?

hi there lordhighlama, i just read the gj... awesome. good work. i just want to say that i cloned the same way as you are now for years and never did i use cubes that had the plastic covers on them. i have had 4 and 6 inch blocks covered like that but not 1". maybe a lack of air getting in??? i dunno, i use the bubbling method now most times. if you are not worried about a little loss why not open 1 of the cubes up to see where they are at. i would dip ends in wilsons roots and jam it in the wet cube and spray daily in the dome to keep humidity high and i would light spray the cube every couple days to try and maintain an even dampness. i dunno if this helps at all but here have this anyway :48:

thx for stopin' in ta... ya shortly after I put the clones in the dome I realized I needed to take those little plastic raps off. That might have slowed the process down some as well. Did you use heat mats with your cubes when you cloned that way?

Latest posts

Back