first grow and new camera.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noneedforalarm

Cannabinoid
Reaction score
i know this isnt coming right from the start,but then again it wasnt really worth looking at through my crappy webcam from the 80's.now i have a some what decent camera(key words being some what) atm and would like to share with those of you who have seen some of my previous pictures and everyone in general.thanks for checking and i welcome all feedback.there 7 weeks in today btw.i will periodically update but dont expect an indepth report although i will do my best to keep everyone informed.and until i find the charger for the better camera this is the quality i will be presenting.

EDIT:i guess i should post some other details while im at it.
Lights-150 watt MH,two 2' fluoros 75 watts each.
Soil-Scotts premium 4 month feed.
Water-tap water,boiled and cooled for 24 hours.
and thats about it really,i do my own thing for air circulation and temp control atm until i get my room built.once the room is built i will have a system pulling air from the cooled house and exhausting through the floor underneath the house.and will have the lights mentioned above used for veg and a 400 watt hps used for flowering.after the second week in jan. i will have nice pictures of the whole set up and then ill finally have a sophisticated set up worthy of sharing haha.thanks again,later

grow1_opt.jpg

grow2_opt.jpg

grow3_opt.jpg

makayla1_opt.jpg

makayla2_opt.jpg

makayla3_opt.jpg

more light i wouldnt doubt,also the MH bulb is 13 inches from the tops.and im worried about low humidity and high temps.the leaves are curling on new growth and they are really dry.but all in all they seem to be doing fine.

Light closer and those stalks need air moving the plants. Makes the stalks strong and big,,better to eat nutes with.:hubba:

:bong: Need to smoke better weed. That way you will be way more chilled out and layed back. This forum is for fellow growers and smokers to help each other out and have fun. Not for this crap(arguing)You guys need to shake hands and move on.;)

your plants are not in good shape, get the light closer and get a fan blowing over them, this should help stop them stretching, and strengthen their stalks and help with the temps. I would also consider potting them up into larger pots, and to help get the humidity up put a bowl of water into your grow area, the heat should evaporate it, get a humidity meter (hygrometer) if you don't already have one, you should be able to gauge how much water you need to have in there to keep the humidity where you need it.

If your grow area is very small you are going to have heat problems, when I was growing in a small closet I had to leave the door open during the light on time to keep the temps down, you may need to do the same, again door open and an oscillating fan will help you there until you get your proper set up running, but you need to get on the case with that proper grow room, get it finished asap, you're plants are suffering and plants that are stressed are not going to be as productive, and you also run the higher risk of them going hermie on you, especially if you are using fem'd seeds.

There may be other techniques that can help you a bit more, super cropping, LST, topping and so on, but I don't personally have any experiance with those techniques, except topping, and I only tend to do that after the first week or two weeks into flower, depending on how tall the plants are compared to how much height I have available. I am sure if someone else thinks these techniques will help you they will tell you.

yeah i have been keeping the door open with a fan on them pretty much for 12 hours a day,the door is only shut when i sleep(which isn't much).as for the MH is at 12 1/2 inches away from the highest point on my biggest plant.you can see why i do not want it any further,it reaches 85-90 degrees fahrenhiet to close.i suppose i could boost them up with the door open since its not so bad with the fan on and put them back down when i close up for the night.

CowboyBudsky said:
:bong: Need to smoke better weed. That way you will be way more chilled out and layed back. This forum is for fellow growers and smokers to help each other out and have fun. Not for this crap..You guys need to shake hands and move on.;)

'cuse me? you calling this plant crap? as far I see its AFG!!! I think it would be lot better if you will let others help him to get his plants to look lot better.... like I did to everybody in MP site.. and by the way if you can't help him.. then don't diss him like that alright?

be nice... no ugly around here... it's more like stop being a big baby alright? :p

papabeach1 said:
'cuse me? you calling this plant crap? as far I see its AFG!!! I think it would be lot better if you will let others help him to get his plants to look lot better.... like I did to everybody in MP site.. and by the way if you can't help him.. then don't diss him like that alright?

be nice... no ugly around here... it's more like stop being a big baby alright? :p

No Papa,, you missed the other threads that were removed by the Moderator. There were some fighting going on between a couple guys, and I ask them to chill with their crap.Anyway that is done,, they took care of it. But no,, I would never talk bad about anybodies babies(plants).

yeah you definatly need to get the light closer. i used a 400watt hps on my 1st grow. i struggled with getting it close enough cause of how hot the light was. now ive swapped to a 200watt compact fluo..there is hardly any heat to worry about. and i can have the lights 2 inch away..ive heard that the further your light is away from your plants the weaker the lumes get. which will slow the growth and make them too thin looking..can you swap to fluos ? they arnt too expensive.

nah,i must keep it the way it is until the room gets going right.also on a very very tight budget so not much happening.
as far as the lighting goes.

ok then just get the light as close as you can ..do the hand test to check the heat..and get a osculating fan gently blowing around them to get their stems thicker. do this asap. good luck

allmashedup said:
ok then just get the light as close as you can ..do the hand test to check the heat..and get a osculating fan gently blowing around them to get their stems thicker. do this asap. good luck
:yeahthat:

You should not be boiling the water you use to water your plants (why are you even doing this :confused: ). While it is a good idea to let your water sit out for chlorine to dissipate, you are doing some bad things to the water by boiling it. Boiling removes dissolved oxygen in the water that the plants need. The ppm of the water is also affected (it goes up), because only the pure water evaporates during the boiling process, leaving more dissolved solids in the water than before boiling, many of these dissolved minerals are different kinds of salts.

It would be to your benefit to get those lights closer...

i am boiling the water for a pure result.the water has so much crap in it here i considered it a good thing to do,i am going to start distilling water here soon.

noneedforalarm said:
i am boiling the water for a pure result.the water has so much crap in it here i considered it a good thing to do,i am going to start distilling water here soon.

Get ya a small RO for under tha sink.;)

the plants are now 6 inches away from the MH and the 2 fluoros surrounding vertically.and i don't know what an RO is.hopefully its not one of those "aww man thats what he meant" deals.i also have a much better camera on the way.charging now,the resolution and shots will be great.

Latest posts

Back