Wwm/pp/bb/ssh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a plan to get some equipments and nute online.
As far as light I am ok, but I need nutes clone gears and may be I will try also hydro set up, ph,tds meter and all this stuff later on.
In the first grow I struggled to get the seeds germinate but this time I got good seeds I guess they germinated in less than 24 hrs and poped their heads up the next day. So I am doing fine so far. hope it will stay the same along the way till production. I just dont want to get through nutes lock and all that s***.

ahhh the light is really hitting on the plants,, they all praying leaves shifted up towards the light.

I just sow the 2 PP and 1 BB, hope they all pop.
one PP has small root the other is even smaller barely off the shell and the BB is just poped off the shell but I wouldnt want to keep them in the water any longer. so they are in the pot now, wait and see tomorrow or after.

Sorry I doubted you, Platii, never heard of such a light! Good luck with these, post ups some pics if you can!

plati, I don't know what you have or how it functions as a light, but as you said, "you're past that now"..;)
you now have light, next step for improvement is air circulation "IMO".
You should have enough air moving in the closet to make those seedlings sway and move "just a little bit" It will strengthen those skinny stems ;)

no worries roddy, I already relized that u guys never see such a bulb.
I have planned for some trips concerning the plant but couldnt coz I have had dentist appointment and had to work on my car and get a hair cut,, so I didnt find a time ,, but hopefully tomorrow coz I already finished most of the weekend homework. Tomorrow the trip is for hunting a good fan and also to get a digital camera, my mobile camera suck.
Hick ,, as I said there is an aircondition blowing air but not directly on the plant , the air hits the ceiling then back to the floor and they do sway alillylilly bit. but i will get a fan anyway at least to dissipate some of the heat generated from the lamp when I positioned to blow on at the area between the bottom of the reflector and the top of the plant.
they stopped stretching significantly as they only grow 10mm since I start this thread i did fill the pot to almost the top just to give it some support.
they are 110 mm by now.
#1 had her first set of leave out and the second set poped alittle
#2 and 3 only their first set of leaves are outand devoloping.
here some pic but they are poor it is my mobile cam
pics day 8 WWM #1#2#3

20110410004735.jpg

20110410004700.jpg

PP and BB update

2 PP and 1 BB still under the soil,,,pray pray pray.
now is the one full day under the soil.

ok update

here some more better quality pic.
I think I start to have a proplems.
#1 WWM has proplem with the first set of leaves start to yellow and heading to brown and die. I raised the light a bit just in case it is heat.
could be overwatering ,, may be, although I only waterd them 2 in the past 10 days plus I misting the soil every 2 days. Also i noticed that the root reached the bottom of the pot and gut crushed.
I repotted now.
potting soil called Grow Care intended for indoor growing ranged 5.5-6.0 ph and recomment 6.9 ph water adding which I do my water is 6.8 using paper tester.
this the data of the soil: absolute solid content%
organic ssubstance 80.4
general nitrogen (N) 2.10
phosphorus (p2O5) 0.21
potassium (K2O) 0.07
CaO, calcium 7.0
MgO, magnesium 0.12
Content of moving forms in air-day condition mg/100g
ammonium nitrogen(NH4) 5.1
nitrate nitrogen(NO3) 15.18
potassium(K2O) 19.0
potassium(P2O5) 10.0
iron (Fe2O3) 3.57
Product of ukraine
next week I will have my credit card ready so I can order stuff u all guys use and use same method of a successfull grow especially the soil and nutes and other products that help the grow since starting, and other gears and equipment. I only used 1/6 of the full seeds quantity I have.
I got a fan running for air recirculation.
temp 25C
humidity 55%
#2 greener from the middle to the stem, it didnt change since startd.
#3 all the leave is green, didnt change since started.

PP # has born. see the pic, just poped out of soil last night.
the first 2 pic for the sick seedling
the 3 pic is the one all green leaves
the forth pic the new PP baby.
let me know whay u guys think.

DSCF0053[1].jpg

DSCF0008[1].jpg

DSCF0020[1].jpg

DSCF0031[1].jpg

#1 WWM with damaged leaves is doing fine so far, I repot it
#2 & #3 is doing ok but still skinny stems. I think I will do as I did with #1 1 when I repot it I burried have the stem in the soil.
#1 PP has her first set of leaves out and devoloping
#2 PP just poped the soil with no stem yet.
enjoy the pic

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

I got my HPS light setup so now I have 800W=400W MH and 400HPS working at the same time (Ihave read many debates about using MH and HPS at the same time,,need your opinon, but I am convinced). the distance is 60 cm away from the plant. I want to lower the light more but I am scared. I had the light on 24/0 but yesterday I have shut the lights off and mist them with water and gave them some dark for 6 hrs, I think they are happier now with the dark period,so thinking to swithch to 18/6 of light cycle.
I got infrared temp pin and it measure the temp of the leave itself around 70f. Also I got a digital thermometer/hygrometer and the temp around the plant is 80 for both lights on and 75 one light on and 70 when light is off. Humidity is 25%-45% when light is on and 30%-50 when light is off. (I think it is low, thinking to get a humidifier,dont you think?)
waatering every 2 days. I start adding nutes 2 days ago with light fert 5-3-8 and they are happy with it so far. ( let me know when to add more) I got a formuls of 20-20-20, supermagnitro 10-0-0+13mMgO+T.E ready to use later on for the veggy stage. (please shcedule me for the nutes I got).

I shut the HPS system down of because the hat of the light painted in silver so it produce awfull smell when the system heats up so I am waiting to go to work and let it work the paint while I am not home ( i think because it is still new, you know what I mean). the MH didnt do that because it is not painted and different brand.
ok here the babies at day 16 working on the 3rd set of leaves ( do you think they are slow grower, they are almost 5"=the stem 4", the leaves 1")
#2 WWM
#3 WWM
#1 WWM (the sick one, I think it is not sick, may be she just got heat burn from the light to her half of her first set of leaves the other half connected to the stem is green. Thats happened to her the day I got the MH system:doh: . but she still green and healthy overall. She may be stunned at the time she got burned and I was panic so I repot it her burying have of the stem under the soil because she stretched due to weak light when I planted them. So I think she slowed growing as the others because it may develop more root system out of the extra buried stem and not concentrating on the top. ,what you guys think.)
do you guys recomment burring the long stem of the other 2 plants when I repot them. Should I repot now.
#1 &#2 PP are growing ok so far but still developing the first set of leaves ,I will post pic of them later.
plz roll a joint:joint:read the post comment and advise.:)

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

I run both MH and HPS together during budding, heard it's good, but the extra light is good at any rate! You can go 18/6, but most here believe this is a waste of 6 hours and a chance for further stretching....do what works for you!!!! Misting them...ok, but not sure of it's benefits either.

If the light isn't too hot for the back of your hand, it'll be ok for the gals, just keep close watch for signs of burn and adjust if needed...burns won't kill the plant.

You're doing a great job!!!!

thanks roddy for passing by and the comment, it is highly appreciated.

ok, we both agree on more light is best, in addition I believe not just more lught but also different spectrum so overall completeing the light rays as we are trying to duplolicate the nature. I think the discussion here regarding this subject is that some may believe that if they use HPS during vegging the plant may five some effort on other than growing , for example it may split the effort for growing more roots or strengthen the stem or what ever the case may be when using the red rays that the HPS gives as it is known that good for flowring and that it may delay the top growth. If this the case , ihave no proplem to wait extra time if the plant will split the power to build stronger plant from top to bottom, because that will creat more effecient plant overall that consequently will develop well bult plant that can produce more and potent flowers.
for the dark period, I am not going to think about how much the time it is the best for dark period because it required lot of experince and I am not an expert or had many trials to give an opinion or facts on that I will only talk about it logically , if the plants has some hormons or a process that is good for the plant total build so it is worth to give it some break because they are really working their butts off during the light on period. I might go for 20/4 , i dont knwo yet because i still didnt get the timers. also there is something need to know did the plant stop growing at dark period ( or may be it cook something in the dark that will help the light period work, who knows. it is like going to work 2 straight days without sleeping, positivley you wont be able to function properly , may this is not the case for the plant, who knows) any way it is just assumption and propabilies from a begginer).
for misting, i have to point would like to mention which is because I have low humidity so far and the second points just to clean the leaves so dust wont accumleate on the them, I live in dusty city and I let the windows open all the time, just a practise and not sure if it do any better, anyway it is in my brain program for the grow. And willing to adjust as you guys comment and advise.
Today my other watering so I added the supermagnitro 10-0-0+13MgO+TE.

The plants don't "sleep" (imho), and a break really isn't needed for good growth. Many believe (as do I) that the plants stretch with the lights out, this isn't a good thing since we want tight nodes for big and bountiful buds. It's a preference thing, I suppose no wrong way, just giving my thought to the dark cycle. Now, for budding, 12/12 is a must!

HPS and MH together is said to give tighter buds with better flavor/high...but I couldn't prove this one way to the other.

Whatever you do, don't mist the gals during budding! This can cause mold or bud rot!

Roddy, I think I agree with you that plant dont sleep, and yes 12/12 light cycle is must for flouring.
I did transplant to bigger pot, I had some drama transplanting #2 and lost some roots,#3 is ok and doing fine( the one was the smallest is the leader now),,#1 is not going to make i guess(used to be the leader).
for the PP still in the small pots, #1 has stiffer leaves and losing some green color spots but the cecond set of leaves are ok so far,#2 is ok so far.
the one seed of BB finally is penetrating the soil after 2 weeks in the soil, may be cause the it didnt has tap root in the water when germinated, only broke the seed shell, anyway finally she is trying to make it out the soil. ( I almost give up on her).
I found out that the nute I used 10-0-013Mgo+Te is expired. so i am not gonna use it anymore. because I think the leaves on #2 has a greyish hue and kindda the older leaves stiffen a bit. anyway I flushed it. you can see in the pic. and let me know what is it. (it is the first pic and before repotting)
here day 20 pic
WWM #2,WWM #3, and BB

DSCF0094.jpg

#3 resized.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

plz check this out,, white spots on the plant leaves after you zoom in or enlarge the pic, it is the second pic in the previous post.

ok here the pic with the maximum resolution I can to upload using the forum uploader.
ok the second pic enlarged and section has been cut to show you what i wondering about, the withe dots all over the leaves , it is 19 days old now is this normal. it is the WWM plant.

newsize.jpg

cross cut.JPG

platii said:
plz check this out,, white spots on the plant leaves after you zoom in or enlarge the pic, I tried to upload the pic in the zip file directly to the site but it didnt work so I upload it to a sharing site here is the link:

plz let me know what you think.
I hope it is not a disease or something harmfull, I would guess paint from the ceiling.

No one is going to download your zip file, unzip it and post the picture.

Dont put pics on file share sites for your own security.

Id take that down right away.

Growdude said:
No one is going to download your zip file, unzip it and post the picture.

Dont put pics on file share sites for your own security.

Id take that down right away.

hi growdude
Is it against the forum regulation to post a zip file or is it a personal preference?, the attachement page allows to upload zip files, and because I use proxy to overcome the forum blockage by my ISP in my country I couldnt attach it directly to the forum, so I uploaded thru uploading sharing sites, and that because the pic is too big to upload to the forum, it is 5.2 mb. The reason I wanted to use the full size pic so u can be able to zoom in and see what I am wondering about.
Anyway I have taken it off. and edited the post.

Anyway it is the second pic in the previous post if u can zoom in that all what i am wondering about.
thanks for the advice.

day 23
4th set of true leave in progress
it is 9" long. Am I under growing or I am ok, it is been about 5 days since pot up, and sure they got strong shock as I lost many roots.let me know what u think:)
by the way, I found out that the soil ph is in the dark blue range which it suppose to be 7-7.5 according to the aquarium ph kit chart, so does my tab water. I tested the water again after adding 4 drops of white vinegar and it comes out in the gray range which is suppose to be 6.6.
should I flush the soil to adjust it. and keep watering with 6.6 ph, or should I go lower to 6.2?

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

4 nodes in 9"?? It sounds like you have stretch going on, you want the plants to have more nodes for more buds. Stretch can be because of lights being too little or too far away from the plant, what are you using for veg? Are you still going with an 18/6 light schedule, or did you go with 24/7?

roddy,,
sorry roddy, I think I did a mistake, actually #2 is 5" tall(the stem 3.5") and #3 is 4" tall(the stem is 2.5"), I was confused between cm and inch. the plant in the pic is 4" tall.
yes the light is on 24/7 actually I only switched to 18/6 couple of days.
I have no doubt that I had a stretched stems since the beginning
reason of the stretch is the start up of the plant which was under very weak light, the stem grows about 2'-2.5" in the first week(check the pic in the previous posts). Later when I got the ballast for the MH and a bulb that operate with a ballast things changed and I suppressed the stretch, the stems grew about 1-2" for the past 2 weeks, so I guess I am ok, beside the space between the nodes is tight enough that the leaves almost over each others and they are fighting when they grow( the smaller to the bigger)
the other thing I am concerning regarding the light is the quantity of light.
the room that I am growing in is very largeit is 13'X12'X8'
so it is 13'X12'=156 square ft and 156X8 =1248 cu ft. , I cant enclose the plant or heat will be high at the grow site plus the light doms are not cooled, but the room temp is 68f with A/C running 24/7. the fan is blowing between the the plants and the light bottom to help control the temp over the plant and around them.
both lights that i am running (MH/HPS=800W)are directed toward the plants with some angle like 20 degree with distance about 45" away. the temp at this height is around 77f and if I lower the light to to 35" the temp will be 82f, so should i do it???. thats will be about 22% extra light. the heat test on 35" is not very hot it just when start to feel that the heat started to be felt, so I think I can go another 10" lower, only the temp will be 8f2-84f if thats ok I will go for it. I also measured the temp on the leaves themselves and it even cooler than the the surrounding temp it is about 72f at 45" distance.
i think I have 2 nodes in the third one is in the late completetion(so I have almost 3 nodes within 1.5", sounds promissing), I have the 4th set of leave is growing( I think I will have a 7finger leave coming but not really sure if it is) correct me if I am wrong counting the nodes.

No need for that much light at this stage, I'd shut the HPS off and just go with the MH. Bring the light about 12" from the top of the plants and make sure that's not too hot by placing the back of your hand at plant height under light...if not too hot, you're golden! Place a fan blowing on the light to blow some of the heat away, making sure the plants are feeling the breeze so as to strengthen the stems!

You really should enclose the area, even if leaving the top open. Some makeshift walls painted white would really hep the situation, you're letting a lot of light wash away.... If you do enclose, make sure there's a good amount of breeze to take the heat out, you might even be able to exhaust it somehow?

Sounds like things are going smoothly, :48: some Big Band to keep you in good spirit!

Nodes, sounds like you have 3 full nodes and a start, not bad for those sized plants...well done!!!

thank roddy :48:here u go

ok, light are 12" away from the hood and 15 from the base of the light where is the hottest spot(the bulb is placed vertical)the temp on the top of plant are not very hot, u can say warm but not hot. temp raised to 80f, if that still within range so i would be fine. I would only concern about the heat of the bulb itself which is in the center of the hood( I aranged the plants around that hotter spot) temp on the leaves is 80f soil 76f. with both light on. I lowerd the hps but pulled away and it is at 20" away and tilt it almost 70 degree so it will compensat from one open side. i pushed the tv stand to cover some the other side
the plant is at the corner of the room so it is enclosed withm the other 2 sides.
I am trying to fix balance the ph but no help I flushed the soil with 6.6 ph water based on ph aquarium tester but couldnt get it to be lowerd it just keep up 7.2. I used 3 time the pot size but no help, I will just wait for the digital ph tester to be sure about that.
stay tuned..

Latest posts

Back