Eight Miles High A Growing Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gourmet

Reaction score
Popped 5 beans in to germinate today for my next grow. Mandala says just pop the beans into the soil. However, these are a couple of years old so I am germinating them between paper towels.

they will do just fine..as long as they was stored properly...mojo for the beans

:48:

Long tap roots developed so popped the germinated seeds (all 5 germinated) into Light Warrior soil from Fox Farms today. Have them in styrofoam cups with holes in sides and bottom. Not a fan of styrofoam but using recycled old cups.

What a difference in grow time between Eight Miles High and my last grow, Aurora. Here they are at 6 days from seed. Under led lights where they will stay until I transplant them into the tent under Metal Halide. All five seeds germinated and are growing great!

1 week from seed.JPG

Looking good. I liked 8 Miles High and found it fairly easy to grow. However, Satori is still my fave.

If they start stretching, add more dirt to the cups.

ooh ooh me too :ciao: Hope you don't mind if i pull up my beanbag chair for this one and :joint:

:peace: n' greenmojo

Growing nicely. Here is ten days from seed. A little stretchy, but contrary to the photos not really room to add soil in the existing cups. They are standing nicely though so will bury some of the stem when I transplant them. I am never sure when they are ready to put under MH light without burning them but I figure it will probably be at 2 weeks old.

10 days veg.JPG

Day 12 and tomorrow or the next I will be transplanting to the tent under metal halide light.
20X37X59" Virtual Sun Tent
6"max fan pulling air out with a can filter on the outside of the tent due to room issues. Passive air intake.
10X10 x 13 inch square buckets with drain holes in the lower sides and bottom and rocks in the bottom for drainage.
3 small fans tied to the corner poles of the tent. Yet to determine if they will be strong enough so might have to add a regular large multi speed fan...time will tell.
400 W Metal Halide Sylvania bulb.
Will post pictures of before and after transplanting. Will bury the stems when I transplant.
Did I leave out anything?

Oh yeah. Using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. No amendments to it. Fresh soil, not used from last grow as the roots in the last grow were too dense to salvage any of the soil.

I do not put rocks or anything like that in the bottom of my pots. If your soil mixture is good, it will drain just fine.

Thanks Hemp Goddess. I have always put rocks in the bottom of my houseplants using other types of soil so just automatically put them into my containers for growing weed. It would be easier without them (and the buckets lighter too). Next grow I will remove the rocks.

I remember why I put rocks in. The rocks are just high enough to go over the drain holes which prevents the dirt from washing out of the pot when draining.

I, also, always put rocks in the botom of the pots for my houseplants. I read somewhere a while ago (can't remember where...maybe Mandala) not to put rocks and such in the bottom of the pots. I quit doing it. The dirt does not wash out of the holes.

gourmet said:
Next grow no rocks.

Well atleast your Rocking this grow....How do you like the LEDs for starting plants?...you said you then go to a MH...do you use the Leds for starting only?...your grow looks great..

take care and be safe

Latest posts

Back