Pup's new grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
So I am beginning a new journal here with my latest grow. I have right now one Afghan Kush Auto, which is the biggest one pictured here. I also have to Bubble Crush which are the next size down, and one each of Larry OG Kush and Sugar Black Rose. The BC and SBR were gifted to me by a friend here on the forum. The auto was a freebee from ordering new beans. I wanted to grow several that I had left but all of them died accept this one auto. It floundered for several weeks before finally taking off. I am hoping I can get it done while the others are vegging as my grow space is very limited now. Here are a couple pics. One is my tiny veg space with the 2 T5 2' 4bulb fixtures. The next pic is where I moved the larger plants to my flower space because one of my T5 ffixtures died.

My flower space is 4'x6' and I have one 400w and one 600w HID. Once the auto is out off there, I will set up a scrog for the next set of plants. I am just happy to be back growing again. :)

View attachment veg space 11-14.jpg

View attachment flower room 11-12.jpg

Following. What are they growing in\gonna be eating?

Congrats on growing again.

Nice set up and happy you are posting up a journal..I will be here.

Pulling up a chair, looking forward to watching how the pros do it.

They are in coco/pearlite, in net-bottomed pots that are lined with smart pot material so that the coco doesn't fall through into the hydro system that they will be going in soon. Thanks for looking in guys :)

Sub'ed and can't wait to see how it all goes!! :aok:

Very curious how the Bubble Krush is going to come out, heh :)

Hello my peeps :) Here's a couple pics with the update. I moved the Bubble Krush out of the fflower room(not yet set lights to 12/12) and back into the veg space as I have more lighting back in the veg space. I just did some supercropping and tied the branches down on the AK that is supposed to be an auto but I suspect it is a photoperiod as it is about 6-7 weeks old now. It had a lot of trouble getting started but has been sexually mature now for a couple weeks and isn't showing any fflower development. I am going to scrog it so I will set the screen on it tomorrow and flip the lights in about 10 days. :)

View attachment AK12-5.jpg

View attachment AK12-5b.jpg

Now I did that yesterday afternoon and then went back this afternoon and saw how quickly they have reacted and turned up toward the light. These plants are very resilient when they are healthy :)

View attachment AK12-6.jpg

Now I did that yesterday afternoon and then went back this afternoon and saw how quickly they have reacted and turned up toward the light. These plants are very resilient when they are healthy :)

It never ceases to amaze me. This thing has such a tenacious will to thrive. Its no wonder that this plant has conquered the worlds climates.

Looks real nice Hushpuppy, mighty healthy looking plants man.

So the AK is now 23 days since the flip to 12/12. As you can see, I messed up on my timing of flipping and allowed them to come up through the screen way too soon, but I believe the stretch has stopped and they are now fully flowering. I had to lay a ffew of the towers down because they had reached the light. She seems to be quite happy in her coco/hydro with AN Jungle Juice 3part and mother earth tea/Hygrozyme combination. :)

The other 2 girls in veg are just before moving to the flower room. I have been Supercropping and Fimming the Larry OG in the back as she wants to get leggy on me. The Sugar Black Rose is sitting up front looking nice and bushy. I will take some cuttings from these 2 tomorrow to put into my new bubble cloner. Hopefully the cosmos will smile on my Larry cuttings and make them root for me as that is my back pain killer :)

View attachment AK01-07.jpg

View attachment log-sbr-01-03.jpg

View attachment log-sbr-01-07.jpg

Sorry if i missed it elsewhere....what type of hydro system are you using? Looks like either top feed or flood and drain.

I am using a top-feeding, recirculating, undercurrent/DWC. Some call it RDWC but I like to incorporate the use of top-feeding as my plants growing in coco coir seem to like it better, and I don't have to bubble the water beneath each plant, only aerate it enough to keep it well oxygenated.

Thanks for checking in my friends :)

Latest posts

Back