My Satori Girls (Finally)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud88

Reaction score
Hey everyone....its been a long time since I've posted(for reasons I mention in the introduction forum. .yeah..its been that long),
During this time I have been trying to pop a female Satori and the third time was the charm as I now have 2 sister's that are in 7 gallon smart pots of ProMix HP that are 3 weeks into flower. I am using Advanced. Nutrients. Jungle Juice 3 part along with all additives(I couldn't pass on the deal I ran into). Both seem to be the same pheno as far as my eyes can see???
Here's a pic at 3 weeks since the flip to 12/12

View attachment 20151128_222418.jpg

Have never smoked any Satori. Doesnt seem to come thru the lines down here. Damnt.
Looking nice.

Yummy. Looks like you've done well taking care of the ladies. How often are you watering with those 7 gal pots?

Thanks for the kind words. I am watering every third day.Each plant is taking 2 1/2 gallons which gives me about a 10% runoff that they're drinking up within a couple of hours... I wish I had the pictures of these before I transplanted because they were not happy. For whatever reason they weren't getting enough nitrogen. I ended up having to give them a foliar feeding using a few drops of super thrive and one milliliter of JJ grow in the spray bottle. That along with the transplant got them where they are now. They are in a 4 x 4 tent under 1k HPS.

Here's a shot of my two Satori at 4 weeks from the flip...
My leaves usually never look this green at this point....not sure if that's good or not...thinking about skipping a feeding...

View attachment 20151206_172504.jpg

Don't know why the picture is sideways...

i wouldnt skip feedings, they look really healthy so what ever you are doing is working perfectly, keep it up and taper off near the end of flower, although i personally dont taper or flush nutes, i dont see the point since the last few weeks the plant is trying to mature fully and flushing or tapering nutes only takes away what the plant needs at that key stage in flowering. keep it up they look amazing!

Yeah they look nice,,,absolutely nothing wrong with green leaves in flower.

yeah there is nothing wrong with healthy green leaves in flowering, you actually want them to say healthy and green for as long as you can until the last like week or so of flowering, otherwise you are robbing the plant of is power generators so to speak... the loss of color in leaves indicated either the plant is eating itself and moving nutes from leaves it doesnt need to buds for end development, also indicates that those leaves are no longer going through photosynthesis generating energy for the plant... and well flowering is when thats needed most... the last bit of flower time its ok to let them go its natural and not harmful, but allowing yellowing early in flower can hinder the maturation of the plant resulting in weak budding and weak thc production, so keep doing what your doing they look great!

Funny you say that because I grew Northern Lights # 5 that literally devoured itself. Not only were the leaves yellow but most of them were gone. And it tested 22% THC.
My thought was there was still too much nitrogen and that can hinder flower development.
I was discussing this with HP and now realize that it's typical of Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice and Mother Earth bloom tea to finish your grow with healthy leaves..

yeah, well i cant speak for other nute likes as i use General Hydro's General Organics line of nutes... but from my experience and friends who grow, typically the goal is to keep as many green healthy leaves as possible, if a few yellow in the last week or 2 of flower then thats ok and so be it... but all in all its better to finish with healthy green leaves as opposed to lost/yellow leaves, in my experience it gives better and sugarier buds, personally i think of nutes and feeding the plant as a person, lets say you are getting ready to run a marathon and the day before and day of you decided to not eat or workout and run the race, it hurts, you hurt, its hard to keep going strong since you deprived yourself of energy and maintaining your work out so its easier to run, it just doesnt make any sense to me what so ever to starve thus hindering the plant from what it needs to do... i prefer to be clipping green leaves rather then shriveled up crispy yellow leaves when trimming so i just feed till the 2nd from last week, then teas from there to finish off what ever is in the soil. last watering is straight water, and my plants finish perfectly...

Latest posts

Back