100% led grow BUD SHOTS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cheapest 3watt led i could find on ebay as parts to make one these was 15-20$ for 3-3watt led's. and this dude got 100 goin. is that still cheaper buildin ya own ow buyin one premade? lol im really good with soldering believe it or not. hence y ya perked me up when ya said that botu makin one.

zipflip said:
the cheapest 3watt led i could find on ebay as parts to make one these was 15-20$ for 3-3watt led's. and this dude got 100 goin. is that still cheaper buildin ya own ow buyin one premade? lol im really good with soldering believe it or not. hence y ya perked me up when ya said that botu makin one.
I just saw the new greedhead unit w-3w diodes-150w and they want 700US. thats just crazy, and sad. The trick would be to jump on it now before they realize what we're doing and jack up the prices on us!

That guy is only using 60w and he pulled a 59 g harvest.He only got that mark once-promising though.

Hats off to you BF! Great job! Best LED grow to date!

thank you kindly, much more to come. peace

bf74 said:
I just saw the new greedhead unit w-3w diodes-150w and they want 700US. thats just crazy, and sad. The trick would be to jump on it now before they realize what we're doing and jack up the prices on us!
with that bein said .. what type led would ya need for optimal then. wat spectrum color watever ya call the technical stuff behind led's lol. im good at doin things more than defining them lol

zipflip said:
with that bein said .. what type led would ya need for optimal then. wat spectrum color watever ya call the technical stuff behind led's lol. im good at doin things more than defining them lol
the specs are as follows(I've used)-630nm red 660nm red 730nm-red/orange 430nm blue-435nm blue and full spectrum white. One thing I've found is that white can be used solely with veg, with excellent results-but not in flower-at least I havent seen it yet.

very nice you had lots of LED's but it did a great job.:hubba: i was thinking the same thing about making a panel. my nephew is in electronics at high school and says he can get all the parts and build it at home for me. after seeing this i might just try a small grow on the side to try it out.
great job bro cant wait to see you set it off with more LED lights going
best Led grow i seen yet:cool::D

Pothead420 said:
very nice you had lots of LED's but it did a great job.:hubba: i was thinking the same thing about making a panel. my nephew is in electronics at high school and says he can get all the parts and build it at home for me. after seeing this i might just try a small grow on the side to try it out.
great job bro cant wait to see you set it off with more LED lights going
best Led grow i seen yet:cool::D
thank you,I really appreciate it-you dont know the crap I've had to calmly sit through, I've had my mom insulted! lol.Please keep me posted on your array, I dont know much about building them but I can help with nm specs if ya need it. peace

This is some great stuff on here.
Like that ledgrow.eu site. Would love to build my own, But I have no clue what Im looking at with those diagrams. All the wiring Ive done has been very simple stuff like car radios, the dock for lights, 3rd grade kinda stuff lol.

What if I took some big, heavy duty Christmas lights. Yank off the sockets and put the diodes in their place. Maybe the ones with the fuse in the line.
Im just stupidly brainstorming here.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
This is some great stuff on here.
Like that ledgrow.eu site. Would love to build my own, But I have no clue what Im looking at with those diagrams. All the wiring Ive done has been very simple stuff like car radios, the dock for lights, 3rd grade kinda stuff lol.

What if I took some big, heavy duty Christmas lights. Yank off the sockets and put the diodes in their place. Maybe the ones with the fuse in the line.
Im just stupidly brainstorming here.
they have something very similar on UK websites- it looks like very small clusters of tiny diodes(1w wouldnt work-youd need a heat sink) they come in 660nm red 430nm blue-I havent heard good or bad about them-looks like a pain in the rear.It's just cool to see what people come up with. I read a post on red led x mas lights once, the guy was going to put them around the tree-x mas style lol- there was no follow up.But we all kept checking.That may seem silly at the surface but hey thats what science is all about-f-ing around with stuff.more pics to follow.

And some more pics. peace

more day 35 001.JPG

more day 35 002.JPG

more day 35 003.JPG

I love this system.I was always so envious of the 1000 watters I've seen on these sites-and I still am.But circumstances dictate that I cant have one. I've managed to cram 675w into a 4 sq ft 4ft high tent.That wouldnt have been possible with higher wattage systems-hid. And now the diy tek is here- everyone can try this underrated extremely useful tool in the growers arsenal. peace--ha-ha I followed the word arsenal with peace and remember, if your lights stay cool the growroom stays cool-for all the micro-growers

Pothead420 said:
they stacked up very nice ;) looks like the LED's help keep the stretch down.:cool:
thanx again my friend, yes it seems that the area and the plant are so saturated with useable light that theres literally no "up" for the plant to go to Which goes a long way proving the led theory.Short stocky plants with little to no stem and an extremely high callyx to leaf ratio.And nice thick nugs-halfway through flowering-according to the books these babies have 3 1/2 weeks to go-I just hope this trend keeps up.And once again 2 days ago I added the white leds and now, like you said, they're stacking up.Thanx 4 stopping by bro. peace

Just readin through your thread and I am impressed. I really like what you have created. I am doing a Led only grow also. Both plants turned into nice little ladies over the last couple days. They are in day 16 of flowering, flowers are growing everywhere. I use two 45 watt panels from Sunshine grow Systems. Nice grow !!!

jaynyota said:
Just readin through your thread and I am impressed. I really like what you have created. I am doing a Led only grow also. Both plants turned into nice little ladies over the last couple days. They are in day 16 of flowering, flowers are growing everywhere. I use two 45 watt panels from Sunshine grow Systems. Nice grow !!!
I gotta say, I am highly impressed with the results you've gotten from 2 panels;) goes a long way in helping our cause. If I can be of any help, looks like you dont need any, please ask. And thank you 4 the compliment.

I cant wait to see how this system, succeed or fail, handles more sizeable plants. peace

day 36 001.JPG

day 36 002.JPG

day 36 003.JPG

Latest posts

Back