11 weeks into bloom?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrathkill

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
i am on about week 11 of 12/12 and still getting new bud growth is this normal for a northern lights plant? the buds are already huge and about only 30% of the hairs are orange mostly the top ones. sorry no pic

oh yeh im using a 400w hps in a small closet well ventillated

The hairs have nothing to do with maturity. It's the trichs you want to keep an eye on, also if your still getting new growth this late in the grow you might want to cut back on the N your giving your plant. But just watch your trichs they'll tell you when to harvest...take care..

i quit giving it nutrients about 3 weeks ago and went to straight water. the trichs are still real milky no amber color yet and there not seeming to lean or sag over

Watch it doesn't go hermie on yeah, I had a plant that almost looked done and then a couple days later new growth started happening I notice almost at the same time that yellow Bannanas started coming with the new growth, just aheads up as you don't want seeds!

Phatpharmer

it has not hermied. how would it be ruffly if i harvested it now? and will letting it keep growing hurt it eventually or will it mature just fine? when is too long?

I've never grown Northern Lights before, but isn't it a sativa / indica cross? Shouldn't it be done by now? New buds aren't unusual at this stage but they will never amount to anything (excepts maybe for bubble hash). IMHO you should clip them off so all energy is directed towards the bigger more mature buds.
But I'd check those trichs again- at 11 weeks I would think they're done.
Good luck Wrathkill.

not new buds new growth of the already existing buds and once i get home i will check again with the mag. thx

NL is a pure Indica I believe, I've grown NL couple times first attempt failed badly, but in the expierence I had it usually finishes in 8-9 weeks and after doing some reading it seems that the majority fininsh in this time. The trichs say it all some people like a melo high which would be clear and cloudy trichs and some like me like a heavy stone which is mostly amber trichs, so depending on the type of buzz you like they may be done, keep us updated on your progress!

Phatpharmer

i have grown NL for some years now, have haversted at 7 week somtimes 8 but never any more, any longer than 8 seems to losse yeild (after drying) and potentice.

phatpharmer said:
NL is a pure Indica I believe, I've grown NL couple times first attempt failed badly, but in the expierence I had it usually finishes in 8-9 weeks and after doing some reading it seems that the majority fininsh in this time. The trichs say it all some people like a melo high which would be clear and cloudy trichs and some like me like a heavy stone which is mostly amber trichs, so depending on the type of buzz you like they may be done, keep us updated on your progress!

Phatpharmer

No NL is not a pure indica.

well i did the math it was only 10 weeks and i ditched class yesterday and harvested, some of the lower buds where a bit imature but it was due.
thx MP for the help peace:headbang2:

This is from 3 independent sites.

Northern Lights is the strongest weed in the world.
The Northern Lights buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see the bud at all.
The high is extreme and the taste divine.
Northern Lights has won more cups than any before.
On the top of all dutch coffeeshop menu's (mostly the most expensive!)
A must for anyone who thinks they are a smoker.!.

Indoor
Type : Indica / sativa mix

Yield : up to 250 gram / square meter

Height : 50-80 cm

Climate : indoor

Flowering period 8/9 wk's

Northern Lights is highly adapted to indoor growing. Nearly all promising modern indoor strains contain NL genes. High flower to leaf ratio, compact buds, good yields and exceptional resin production are all characteristics displayed by this wonderful plant. Northern Lights is a most lucrative plant for the indoor grower. The smoke is full bodied yet somewhat neutral in flavour.

Indoor / Outdoor:Best suitable for indoor growing

Plant Type:Mostly Indica

Plant Height: Short

Stoned or High: Stoned; Indica Body Buzz

THC Level: Strong 15-20%

Flowering Weeks: 8-9

Yield:350-450 (Dried grams/m2 in a Sea of Green)

Harvest Month: 9-10

Grow Difficulty: Moderate

Pure Indica and winner of the Indica strain 88, 89 and 1990; an absolute must for the indoor grower! Northern Lights dominated harvest festivals and many wonderful stains share its heritage. Through selective breeding we have succeeded in developing one of the most powerful plants in the world. Northern lights is highly adapted to indoor growing, compact, powerful, good yield and has exceptional resin production. Northern Lights is a most lucrative plant for the indoor grower. When it’s covered in snowy crystals of resin lights, it’s ready to harvest.

Flowering: 45-51 days

Height: 100-130cm indoor / 160cm or more outdoor

Yield: ~128-180g indoor / 400+g outdoor in good conditions

Indica/Sativa: 95/5

Harvest: Primarily indoor, late Oct. if outdoor

Sow: Sow when soil warms to 15C/59F or transplant after last frost

If your on week 10 your still overdue, did you start counting from when she first showed her pistils or from when she went into 12/12?

:peace:

12/12 is when i started counting is it usual for the bottom smaller buds to take longer to mature?

not exactly i didnt get supper sized colas. just new growth on the top of the other buds

ive had this happen twice, both times atleast 1 plant hid herm testis, camouflaged by this flush of new hairs.

actually every crop ive had has put on 2-4 flushes of hairs, its always when im trying to squeeze one more flush of calyxes out late in flower that they have hermed on me. but 2/3 times it was from mites and all 3 times it was cause it was bagseed.

Latest posts

Back