1st Indoor (Jacks Cleaner)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefboyrd420

The Chef
Reaction score
Ok. I have been working on this for a while and its finally time to start this bad dog. I got this in clone form from a friend. The mythological Jacks Cleaner is the strain. I read somewhere that its supposed to be extinct or a myth or somethin, but hes a pretty reliable guy so I'm inclined to believe him. One way or the other, the clone is having some trouble and I'm not really sure why. I took the clone out of a 24 light cycle under a bunch of cfls(where he had it), and put it under 18 under a 1000w hps. The first time the clone had ever seen darkness was the trip home. It stays about 79-84 Id say. The leaves are turning brown slowly but surely. The new growth looks fine at first then it turns brown at the edges and the tips. I realize there is a lot of thing it could be, but I'm hoping someone will see this and know what i can do to fix it b4 it dies. Its been like a week and in much better conditions i was thinking the stunt in growth would be over. any thoughts? it wont let me attach the same pics so they're in "man who stand on toilet high on pot" thread

I helped it shed its dead old leaves it seems to be a lot happier today with more new growth in one day then ive seen thus far. I think were through the woods. Here are some pics it sprouted two new leaves today and fanned one out..... and its not turning yellow or dying. boo-ya. her sum pics 4 ya. any input always appreciated... and can someone please tell me how to thank people?

**** 014.jpg

**** 015.jpg

Its definitely feeling better. I need to go buy a bunch of stuff now that i know its gonna live and the room is not gonna burn down. New florescent lights, ph meter, nutrients, carbon scrubba, and a MH bulb because my ballast is switchable so I was kinda thinking I need to go get the MH, but I only have this one baby clone right now, so thats still not practical. Anyway, here it is showing a lot of improvement from the other thread.

**** 002.jpg

**** 003.jpg

**** 005.jpg

Not that anyone seems to be all that interested, but...... I took down the 1000w while i wait for my seed order and replaced it w a more practice light for only one plant. I replaced it w a 150w cfl hydrofarm light. I also bought some ph up n down and a soil and water meter, so the ph was high. It needed to be watered so I adjusted the ph and made it about 5.8 and watered it. Now soil ph is just above 6. Still a little high, but my baby seems pretty happy in its new home.

**** 006.jpg

**** 007.jpg

**** 008.jpg

Howdy! I am going to make my guess as to why the leaves turned brown right after you got it. Too much light. It was likely used to less lumens and you accidentally burnt it. I have done it. Now that she is getting used to it, new growth is normal. I wouldn't keep making many light changes. You sure don't want to stress her into hermying on you, especially if she is the real deal. Here's some of benny's GREEN MOJO for continued success.

hey man looking good,So that you don't feel like you are wasting time with just one plant, why don't you plant a couple bagseed and see what happens while waiting on the other clone.A buddy of mine just harvested some bagseed that was some incredible smoke, looked like it was sugar coated, and he did it under cfl's you could have a hell of a grow going, sounds like equipment isn't a problem for you to get.And you already have all the lights you need from seed to flower, and also for clones.Keep us posted.Don't worry people will get interested soon.

looking much better remember to water her enough some of the pics look kind of dry!

Thanks everyone. Shes still on the move. Slowly but surely. Although I just cant seem to get the soil down to 6.0 ph. I used water with a low(5.8) ph level to try to bring it down and now its even higher. Almost at 7. The plant doesn't seem to be affected though and its growing and loving the Cfl's. Strange,...... The plant seems like it would prefer 15,000 lumens instead of the 140,000 the 1000w puts out. There are also signs of what will hopefully be the first clone growing on the bottom.

**** 009.jpg

**** 010.jpg

**** 012.jpg

**** 013.jpg

**** 014.jpg

**** 015.jpg

now its really on the move. I'm cutting four clones today(pics) then I'm gonna start the flowering tomorrow. I also received my seeds from attitude and i will be germing them very soon so look for my lowryder mix journal. Ill be starting it soon. I noticed there arent a lot of replies so Ive quit updating as often so the next time you see this baby hopefully it'll have some fat buds growing on it.

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

That's lookin' real healthy now. You've really managed to get her turned around. Nice work.

nice job brother...glad you stuck with it...looking real green now...

cant wait to see the flowers!

You hve to think of your grow journal as just that....your GJ...it's great when people pop in and gve words of encouragement but your journal serves a bigger purpose...it's mostly for you to look back on and see what you did that worked well and what you did that you might want to do differently next time...it's also good for keeping your dates straight regarding how long they veg and when they went into flower...don't be discouraged if people don't always chime in...we are after all stoners with a short attention span...:)
Make your updates anyway...

Ha! Yeah. True, hammy baby. I guess I didn't really think about that. thnx. I hope you all stick around. The best is yet to come and with this being my first indoor, I cant wait to smoke MY OWN smoke. Thanks everyone.

da da da dooooon! And some progress since last time. its started flowering. bout two weeks in and doin good. some kinda problem with the leaves. Mybe a light definciency. started heavy feeding w tiger bloom. very sativa plant thin and streched out but lots of little beautiful buds on it. sorry pic quality sucks. some old pics b 4 it started 2

img380-1.jpg

img381.jpg

img382.jpg

img384.jpg

img397.jpg

img398.jpg

img399.jpg

img400.jpg

img401.jpg

Latest posts

Back