2 minor problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choking_victim

Reaction score

This is the first time trying hydroponics with an ebb n flow system.

I have two minor problems for the moment. I looked through the charts, but it's funny, that there's two different effects to only 3/11 plants.

one is drooping, and the other is the leaf curling upwards.
here are the pictures...

tn.jpeg

tn1.jpeg

Pics are kind of small.... However, I cam see a little Mg deficiency in the right pic. Have you started any nutes?

yes,
last week I only put what was recomended for seedlings
Just an hour ago,(when I noticed the problem) I drained, cleaned and put new nutrient in at half strength for the vegitation growth. I do-so weekly.

it may be the fact that I'm running a 600w about 11 inches from the plants, but the heat isn't bad I can hold my hand under it with feeling heat, but not much at all.
and my only means for air circulation is comming through an airconditioner, it's never gave me rpoblems before, until I went to hydroponics.

Well, heat should be ruled out then. Half strength nutes in hydro for little guys like that can be a little much. I usually run 1/4 strength until they are about 2 times larger than yours.

So, If I were you, I would get rid of half of your res and then top it off with pH adjusted water and then lift your light a few inches... Just to be safe ;)

will do, and I'll keep you posted.

another question you may know.
there are patches of green on two of the rockwool cubes, do you have any idea?

Algae my man. I have had that every time I used a dripper system. Completely harmless on the cubes, but if you notice it in your res... Well, that can lead to many many headaches.

11 inches sounds a bit close to me for a 600w lamp. 2 feet for a 600w and 18 inches for a 400w is a good rule of thumb. Good luck with the grow.

Latest posts

Back