2 Week Old, Really Soggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuzigothigh

...Roll another blunt...
Reaction score
HI Guys,

I am currently doing a small indoor grow.
You can check out my journal.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28911

One of our girls is really droopy!
Help!
I think i might have over watered her?!?!?!

We have 2 unkown girls from beans, and two clones Purple Kush. And another baby from a unknown seed.

Any comments?
How can we fix her?

THanks for your help!

CZ

DSC03047.JPG

DSC03052.JPG

DSC03053.JPG

DSC03054.JPG

DSC03055.JPG

DSC03056.JPG

DSC03057.JPG

DSC03059.JPG

DSC03060.JPG

DSC03061.JPG

how much are you watering?
I'd let em dry out for 5 days myslef....shouldn't have to water more than 4-5 days in seedling stage IME.

Hi Mutt,

I am definitely over watering.
I have this urge to water a small amount of water every day at least once sometimes even twice.

I've been curbing this behavior, but after seeing this it will definitely be stopped.

My temp is usually between 78 - 83 F, am i slowing growth over 80 F?
Should i also flush every 4-5 days or just water?

How can i help the little one catch up to her sisters (i hope)... they are the same age.. just that the little one had 2 extra days of dark period when she was 3 days old where the other ones didn't.

I got two clones, (Purple Kush) in the back. I have noticed some yellowing and some leaves have curled up and are brittle. They came in rockwools. I put them in soil once i got them. I am now afraid the roots were still not big enough to get nutrients from the soil?? Could this be the cause? I got them on Saturday. Shouldn't they have grown their roots by now?

Thanks Guys!!!

PS. I just saw her 10 minutes ago. She looks better. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am no longer watering like a maniac.
Could that had been the problem?

But she is still extremely droopy?
How come her sister is nice and healthy?

ANy idea why she is like this?
temps are between 75 - 85
humidity between 40 - 50
600 w HPS

We also have two purple kush clones in the back.
some of their leaves are yellow and brittle and down.
Help!! Is it because they need to have the humidity level higher?

I have added very little amount of N on my last wondering to the clones only.

THanks,
CZ

DSC03065.JPG

DSC03066.JPG

DSC03067.JPG

DSC03068.JPG

DSC03069.JPG

DSC03070.JPG

DSC03071.JPG

Just wanted to update on the problem.

If you are a new grower... fight the urge to water often... Mutt was right on the money. [Thank You Mutt!] :)

Here are some updated pics of the same droopy girl!

DSC03492.JPG

DSC03493.JPG

DSC03496.JPG

DSC03497.JPG

DSC03498.JPG

DSC03507.JPG

Hey there, cuzi It looks like your plants have recovered. They look nice now.

Now, whatever you do don't start over-fertilizing those. People often times tend to over-water and over-fertilize. Yeah, people tend to overdo those two things.

Also before I forget, metal halide or fluorescents are the ideal lights for vegetative growth. I'm assuming that you're vegging those plants now.

Something else, never underestimate the importance of proper pH and good water.

Well, it looks like your plants are off to a good start now.

For watering a cheap moisture meter from the nursery helps me quite a bit. However, in order to get an accurate reading the tip of the metal probe must be cleaned prior to each use by scouring it with a green scouring pad. Clean it, and then test its accuracy by placing the probe in a bowl of water. If it reads 10 (100% wet) on a scale of 1-10, then your meter will give you a reliable reading in your soil.

Alistair Young said:
Hey there, cuzi It looks like your plants have recovered. They look nice now.

Now, whatever you do don't start over-fertilizing those. People often times tend to over-water and over-fertilize. Yeah, people tend to overdo those two things.

Also before I forget, metal halide or fluorescents are the ideal lights for vegetative growth. I'm assuming that you're vegging those plants now.

Something else, never underestimate the importance of proper pH and good water.

Well, it looks like your plants are off to a good start now.

For watering a cheap moisture meter from the nursery helps me quite a bit. However, in order to get an accurate reading the tip of the metal probe must be cleaned prior to each use by scouring it with a green scouring pad. Clean it, and then test its accuracy by placing the probe in a bowl of water. If it reads 10 (100% wet) on a scale of 1-10, then your meter will give you a reliable reading in your soil.

Alistair Young,

Plants look a lot nicer now, Thank You.

I have learned my lesson, i no longer over water or over nut (EDIT:eek:r at least i try not to, what i meant to say is i am more conscious about watering and feeding) . i am following a water nut schedule... it gives me peace of mind as i don't have to longer guess when/what/where... she is still in veg... (she is under 125w, cfl, 14k kelvin Bulb) right now.. i like the results that i am getting... (i have other girls... ahem!, ladies! in flower [see my grow journal] that are under 400w hps).

Didn't think about the importance of good water and good PH, in fact i don't think i would have thought about if you hadn't brought it up... I've seen the results i have gotten by having the ph level at 7... very nice point to bring out! I have a soil moisture/ph reader... had not used it much... since i have had it for a while.. but i have been more consistent with it for the lst two weeks... btw, i try to clean the tip of the probe with a cloth every so often.. but i like ur method better :) . I will implement it (if you don't mind me using your method) tomorrow...

Thank you for your comments... don't forget to check out the grow journal if you have time and drop suggestions/comments...
I am not sure if you are growing right now or not, but best wishes for your grow!!!

CZ
:cool:

Cuzi,

If you clean your probe like that your moisture meter should work fine. As for the pH meter, I wouldn't use the same meter to test the pH. You have a moisture/pH meter all in one? My experience tells me that for measuring pH those meters aren't reliable. For pH a digital meter is much more accurate. I suppose you could test your meter against a liquid of known pH to verify its accuracy, and if it gives an accurate reading then you might be safe using it. However, I had one of those and one of my plants almost died because it wasn't near accurate enough.

I'm glad that your plants are doing better now and you have peace of mind.

when ur shade leaves start curling u need 2 water let them dry out a little bit 2 encourage root growth also even tho cfls are better for veg i have always used my 400 son agro hps 2 do everything with excellent results-b careful with nutes if your soil already has fert like potting mix it can really slow growth -slowly build up nutes and you will get the gooods

Alistair Young said:
Cuzi,

If you clean your probe like that your moisture meter should work fine. As for the pH meter, I wouldn't use the same meter to test the pH. You have a moisture/pH meter all in one? My experience tells me that for measuring pH those meters aren't reliable. For pH a digital meter is much more accurate. I suppose you could test your meter against a liquid of known pH to verify its accuracy, and if it gives an accurate reading then you might be safe using it. However, I had one of those and one of my plants almost died because it wasn't near accurate enough.

I'm glad that your plants are doing better now and you have peace of mind.

AliStair Young,

The meter i have is a 2 in 1 Mouisture/ph (soil) reader.. but it has two probes... and a switch... so in essence is two in one "literally"... Je Je.. Thanks for the info... where do i get a liquid of knows ph to verify accuracy? I have a digital ph reader but need to adjust it. The instruction tells me to put in ph 4 water and adjust the screw... how am i supposed to adjust the ph level to 4 if i don't have a ph tester :confused2: ???

Thanks for your input.. uploading pics on my next post. Btw, check out our journal....

CWGH
:48:

kaneboy said:
when ur shade leaves start curling u need 2 water let them dry out a little bit 2 encourage root growth also even tho cfls are better for veg i have always used my 400 son agro hps 2 do everything with excellent results-b careful with nutes if your soil already has fert like potting mix it can really slow growth -slowly build up nutes and you will get the gooods

kaneboy,

Yeah.. I have gotten alot better at watering and feeding... making sure i do't over do it... damn!, It used to be so easy just trying to care and feed them 24/7...

I am trying out the CFL, it is a 125w 14k Kelvin, bulb... im very happy with the results...

Check out our grow journal! Comments welcome!

CWGH
:48:

Pictures!
:cool: :D

Picture 1
Two sisters together, planted at the same time under same conditions.
Plant on the right is the subject of this thread.
You can see the grow difference due to stunt growth due to overwatering.
So, Fight the temptation to water everyday.. even if you are not using any nutrients!

All Other Picture (except last)
More pics

Last Picture
We took 4 cuttings out of her sister... the taller. bushier lady on the left on the 1st pic.
Theso two ladies are the product of our first attempt at growing!
Check out the Journal...

DSC03534.jpg

DSC03535.jpg

DSC03536.jpg

DSC03537.jpg

DSC03538.jpg

DSC03539.jpg

Cuzi,

I bought my pH meter at the local hydro store. The man sold me two buffer solutions as well. One solution is buffered at 7.01, and the other is buffered at 4.01. So, you need to go to a place that sells the digital meters and buy the buffer solutions as well.

Alistair Young said:
Cuzi,

I bought my pH meter at the local hydro store. The man sold me two buffer solutions as well. One solution is buffered at 7.01, and the other is buffered at 4.01. So, you need to go to a place that sells the digital meters and buy the buffer solutions as well.

Alistair,

That Easy Huh?

:aok:

Thank You! I will try it today!

CIGH
:cool:

Latest posts

Back