3 flowering plants and the smelllllllllll, help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeUpJohnny

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I'm 2 weeks into flowering and I'm starting to smell my 3 plants outside of my grow room (4x4 closet) and even downstairs!

I don't wanna get busted, but I need a fast effective fix asap!

I'm leaning towards this, from HTG

hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct...roductID=52531

which is a growbright 4" fan (170 cfm) with 4 pounds of activated carbon

or

this ozone jr hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct...roductID=53129

any opinions?

I'm sorta broke and not really a DIY type guy

thanks!

SmokeUpJohnny said:
Hey guys and gals, I'm 2 weeks into flowering and I'm starting to smell my 3 plants outside of my grow room (4x4 closet) and even downstairs!

or

any opinions?

thanks!

sorry Johny..if you cant do one of those DIY...then i would go with the Grow bright 4 pounds of carbon. Good luck my friend:bolt::bong:

Johnny, I'm not a DIY person either, but I believe that even I could do the fan in the bucket with the Ona. I've used Ona in a different way before, and it sure does stink up the place like fresh laundry. I'd give that a try if I were you. However, I think it a bad idea to put it in your grow room. I'd be afraid that the plants would absorb the odor. I put some Ona on a dish and blew a fan over it. The dish absorbed the smell, and to this day I won't use that dish because it still smells like Ona about two years later.

Alistair Young said:
... ... I'd be afraid that the plants would absorb the odor. I put some Ona on a dish and blew a fan over it. The dish absorbed the smell, and to this day I won't use that dish because it still smells like Ona about two years later.
OMG :bolt: "Buy today! New menthol flavor!" :watchplant:

I actually made that bucket thing, it helped for awhile (used concentrated febreeze instead) but it's not helping any more...

my ladies are very strong ;-)

Wish mine had a smell but then again maybe not. My girl can smell them slightly but i dont...Strange huh? Does smell tell the tale of potency?

kalikisu said:
Wish mine had a smell but then again maybe not. My girl can smell them slightly but i dont...Strange huh? Does smell tell the tale of potency?

I used to think so but not any more. The strain I'm growing is very strong stuff but has almost no smell at all.

you have to either make yerself a DIY carbon scrubber, or buy one, johnny... and remember, the active carbon should be replaced at intervals... annually, is good... all depends on how much it's used, obviously....

Funny, we have about 12 plants flowering with no carbon filter and our landlord was here today walking around the house chatting with us about things and didnt even notice.

SmokeUpJohnny said:

or

any opinions?

thanks!

Heres a quick,cheap, and easy fix that will work great, good luck

hXXp://discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=209&navid=23

If you put your nose up to my exhaust vent you can still smell it and I have a 6" carbon filter. You will never get rid of it completely, you can only reduce it. Good luck bud, don't cheap out on your fliter, and stay safe.

lol... if LEO ever stepped foot in my house... :rolleyes:

my minibox, that I'm flowering in, exhausts directly into my spare room that has the veg box in it with the passive intake taken from the room and exhausted outside, so with the door closed, yer ok... but open that door and walk into the room... and it's like you stuffed yer face in a nice and stinky, late flowering plant and took a lungful... lol ... smells delish, tho, with the aroma of 7 different strains giving off odour... it actually smells like walking into a bed of wildflowers... mj wildflowers :hubba: :D :cool:

I love it. :heart:

I got the combo filter/fan from HTG. The fan too loud for my use. I got a Squirrel Cage fan and use the carbon filter. Don't go cheap on the filter system. I don't smell as much as before. I use to smell the stuff down stairs, but now I only smell it if I open the flowering area. My fan pulls air from the carbon filter to the air cool 400W HPS light to the fan and out the vent.

If you can visit a hydro store, have them plug the fan in to test the noise level.

I seemingly have tried most, and when you put cost vs performance, the ozone Jr was the best thing I ever purchased. I do not even run it in my grow space, I run it in the room outside of that. When I go big in the fall of the year, as we spend allot of time Traveling in late spring through the summer, I will put it in the same room. I got a few wholesale for 54 bucks+ship and I love it. The on off presetting is really nice to keep the space not over ozoned smelling.

Not sure how it would work for large growers, but I normally never exceed 16 fems during the big fall grow...

Latest posts

Back