3 weeks into flowering....Please help I have several questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanw503

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know this is long im sorry but please help....I'm new to growing and on this site. Anyway a friend and myself are doing it. We have 4 plants at my buddies house in his basement (started out with 7 plants, got rid of 3 males like 2 weeks ago). We have a few questions (alot actually...lol) Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The seeds are bag seed (from decent stuff)....the soil is hyponix & some other one mixed together, 23 days into flowering now at 12/12....we used 400w metal halide(conversion bulb) for veg. stage and 400w hps now....the lights are 14-23" away from top of plants.....might have flowered to early?? Didnt want to wait...lol...some plants were only 6" and others 15" (only 29 days in veg.) no light leaks (during dark period), 2 fans, dehumidifier, 2 air purifiers (they ****, starting to stink) the fertilizer starting using 2 weeks ago is all purpose 15-30-15 (hey it cheap...lol)

MY QUESTIONS:

1. We have no way of ventilating the room (the room makes it impossible-can't explain) so it gets very hot, the temp. when the lights are on is usually between 80-92. At night I have no idea the temp. I know it could get mold, I hope not and thats why we bought a dehumidifier (keeping it at 40%-50%) and put it in the room.... a/c is not an option either really....2 fans are running most of the time (only when lights are on though).....Do you think it will be ok (the hi temps)???? Also is it safe to run a dehumidifier in the room with the plants???

2. (not to worried about this cause plants seem ok otherwise)The leaves on the bottom of the plants are yellow and some tips are brownish-yellow and dieing... (look at pics) to much fertilizer maybe?? (i'm mixing it correctly-as per directions) Also white marks on most of the leaves but that seems to be going away now???

3. 2 of them (see pics) aren't budding yet and I dont know if there female or hermies?? Both of them do have alot of white hairs all over but it looks like maybe balls to. Then some of them the balls or whatever it is splits and the white hairs come out of it. I think there is at least 3 different strains of plants? So maybe thats why? I cant get over my friends house everyday to check but he has been. If its defineitly a hermie should we kill it or just keep pulling the balls off??

4. Overall how do they look?? Any other ideas or tips? What kind of yield do you think were gonna get? (i know its hard to guess but by the size and age maybe take a guess?) They are 7 weeks 3 days old, the tallest is 2 1/2 feet I think. Could we put worms in the soil? Should we continue with the fertilizer? We were thinking of stoping it.

I know we asked a lot of questions but the important ones are 1 & 3 so please answer those ones at least. Sorry my camera sucks thats the best I could do. I hope I didn't forget to mention anything. Once again any comments or advise will be helpful. Thanks

100_1606.jpg

100_1607.jpg

100_1605.jpg

100_1604.jpg

100_1603.jpg

100_1602.jpg

100_1600.jpg

100_1599.jpg

100_1598.jpg

theres a patch of weed that grows alongside the highway about 5 miles from my house. this stuff has grown there for years. your plants should adapt to high temps. marijuana grows in temps 90 and above outside every summer where i live. and i would get rid of the hermaphrodite freak.

if u do some research (searh button)youll see that lots of people here using a dehumidifier in growroom with great results,your temps are a bit hi but not excessive-plants should be ok,try if possible to refresh air circulation during lights on.if you def have a hermie kick him out of room or youll get pollenate ladies full of seeds.good luck.

IMO: you are getting Nute burn.. Tell your friend or you, to lay off the
nutes or cut back to a 1/4 of what you are using.

I keep my Fans on HI, blowing directly on my plants 24/7.

If heat is an issue, point on of your fans at the light.

GET RID of your HERMIES and all males..
All it takes is one Sack to OPEN, and congradulation on
all your pregant females.. full of seeds.

One last advise.. Better to underwater than over water your plants.

Oh yea one last thing.. Hermie seeds produce hermie plants..
so its possible your bagseeds were from hermies. So hermies
are basically useless even if you saved them for the seeds..

goodluck

bombbudpuffa said:
The key word here is outside. There is an abundance of co2 outside thats why plants grow well in high temps outside. Inside adding co2 is a good way to fight high temps.

thats right...thanks bombbudpuffa, slipped my mind. ive also read that higher temps at night during flowering phase can reduce internode distance creating denser buds. sometimes this requires heating equipment since the light is turned off.

Latest posts

Back