911 ! Omg...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LassChance

Reaction score
How could I have let this happen???
Three of my plants showed balls in the last few days and I dumped them. I checked and re-checked the other four...and did not see any balls...but today I noticed one was REALLY packing on some bud, so I took a closer look and there they were...not only little green balls, but many of them were BURST.
I took the remaining females into the shower and waqshed them, top bottom, pot,...then I took do my mylar covered panels down, took them out and squirted them back and front with the hose, vacuumed the table top, washed it and covered it with a plastic drop cloth.

I have wiped the fan, light, reflector, cord...everythjing.

Is any of this going to help? How bad is this? Is my whole crop gonna be nothing but seedy buds?
Is there anything else I can do?

BTW, my grow table is in the garage, which is piled with years of junk...I expect the mylar covered panels stopped most of the pollen from getting iout into the room...but there's bound to be some pollen specks. I mean...should I hire a guy with a truck to haul away the junk so I can vacuum/mop the walls, floor and ceiling?

Oh plese
Ih, man...FWIW, the females only have about a half inch of buds. Is it possible that only the tips of buds will have some seeds?

Im totally bummed. I could kick myself.
I guess I though

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your disaster... but what's done is done. I think you've already done more than you can do but others will probably chime in with their experiences. About all you could do is get the males out of there like you did. If he's already pollinated the girls you're going to have lots of seeds but all you can do at this point is wait and see. I'm guessing you're at around week 4 of bloom? About all you can do is see it through at this point...

It's happened to most of us. For years I had to always do my grows at remote locations and didn't have the luxury of keeping a good eye on them... I've had crops go to seed and the smoke still be decent and then I had some awesome crossbred seed stock for future grows... So try to look at the bright side if you can find it... It sure would be great if some life situations had an 'undo' like our computers, huh...?

Good Luck!:cool:

Total pollination!Harvest now to avoid the seed hassle.Keep the grow going and infect the seed for it too will be a hermi!Clean,clean,clean,steralize then clean it 2 more times!

I've had some pretty kick arse weed with seeds in it...you just wont have sensi is all...no worries man...theres always next time...

DirtyolSouth...yes. Today is the start of their fourth week.

Thanks, guys.

Lass

At least you will have a bunch of seeds for future grows.

Dirty South, when a male pollinates a female you dont get hermies, you get good seeds.

:yeahthat:

Yeah... male + female = great viable seeds... and you don't know how much it did or didn't pollinate this soon. Don't chop em now... you might as well see what happens... If I hadn't ever smoked at least 1/2 the weed in my life with seeds I never would have smoked half the weed in my life! :p

Peace!:cool:

Read what was posted,people.I know a male+ female= good seeds,but if you take a sec out and read
"Three of my plants showed balls in the last few days and I dumped them. I checked and re-checked the other four...and did not see any balls...but today I noticed one was REALLY packing on some bud, so I took a closer look and there they were...not only little green balls, but many of them were BURST"
Does this sound like male to you?Kinda sounds hermi to me!

maineharvest said:
At least you will have a bunch of seeds for future grows.

Dirty South, when a male pollinates a female you dont get hermies, you get good seeds.

This guy just posts w/ out reading and for that you guys thank him.LMAO

Good comprehension skills dirtysouth... You must not have been half as stoned as I was when I read this. He did point out that he was in week four so I shouldn't have thought that it was a male but for some reason 1 + 1 = 4? :confused: Any-hoo... My bad. I guess I was just being neighborly...

Peace!:cool:

Hermie will only create hermie..the seeds from this grow..IMO should be distroyed and never used..just my thaughts..

Live a and learn my friend..at least you have the knowlage in them huh..take care and be safe

Ok...dont quote me because i am by far no expert in this feild...but isnt that how they produce a feminized seed...through hermie self pollination?..so in turn, does that mean that every feminized seed would have a huge potential for hermaphrodizm?

I'm sitting back laughing at this thread.
Like some seeds in your pot are gonna kill you, lol.
THAT'S ALL I SMOKE !
I DON'T have the luxury of buying seedless pot here where i live EXCEPT november - arpil, i guess it's too frozen here to grow outside so the seedless pot ( the good stuff ) comes around then, since its grown indoors,just in time for the holidays, but it's 300 oz. ! ouch !
My regular stuff is 180 oz.
Even if i wanted seedless female pot here now it would be HARD to find and $$$$$$ if you do.

I guess when you get to the top of the ladder it's easy to look down.......

Well it's misfortunate that you have hermies.. Do you know why the plants hermied? Light leaks? Stress? You can finish them off and still smoke the buds but they will be full of seeds that aren't any good. You could just scrap the grow and start over after a thorough cleaning of your growroom. I would just probably finish the plants off since you're so far in.. It will have lots of seeds, though. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted on your progress and what you decide to do. Take care and be safe.

I'm sitting back laughing at this thread.
Like some seeds in your pot are gonna kill you, lol.
THAT'S ALL I SMOKE !----------ALL U SMOKE IS SEEDS,LOL
THEY ARE KILLIN YOU ON THE MEXICAN"REGULAR".In the L.A. area $300 4 QUALITY kush or O.G. is $250-$350 @ any clinic in the valley($200-600 in any of the 500 clinics,dispensaries,colectives ect.....)

I'm in a tent(haha)and the 3 ladies in front around the main center zipper hermied.I cut the "fatter ones,1-1/2 dried,and let my ever so greatful dog have @ the last.
The only reson I say "chop em down NOW" is a buddy of mine was in the same situation,did not chop and the smoke sucks.Its so full of seeds(weighs more,lol)harsh,and gives a "killer throbbing headache".I'm just tryn to give you a heads up.
Once the ladies are pollonated,the thc production locks up the breaks.The seed production then hits the nitro with the pedal to the metal,with open road.IMO,if you catch my drift.IMO the seeds from said plants will produce said results,thus DON'T GROW BAG WEED.The poss. of the seed "herming" on you are 100 percent greater than if the seeds where purchased @ a reputable Bean Bank,IMO.
How does it go,"hermies procreate hermies"?

StoneyBud said:
Were these Hermaphrodites or straight up males?

Striaght up male. He just got his balls a week later than the other two and I had stopped looking, thinking, "OK, so I had two males...not bad." Jeeeez.

Lass

Im not sure I would recognise a hermie, really. I think it was a male...sure as hell had a billion balls. What looked like a big bud starting to form was actually a bunch of green balls.
Anyway...I put a five week old BCBig Bud into 12/12 last night to see whether I got rid of all the pollen or not. I figure...IF that BB shows up with seeds, it will HAVE to be because I missed some pollen, because the BB has been outside the whole time. If the BB gets done flowering and shows no seeds, I guess that means I did get it all.
Im super bummed. Totally bummed.

OTOH I took a handful of the male leaves and dried them in the microwave, rolled a doob and smoked it, just to see. Man, three hits and I was pretty boxed. That aint bad for male LEAVES, no bud, LOL. So...I figure, WTH, the bud is still gonna be good, just fulla damn seeds. White Widow doesnt suck.
I jusr cant believe I let this happen.Ive learned this particular lesson, tho--it wont happen again. (I'm sure I can find a whole nuther way to **** up next time)

The funny part is, the whole time this big bad boy was shooting pollen all over my girls without me knowing, I was trying to GET some pollen to make some seeds. I had this one male in a box I had cut the top off, then covered with landscape fabric, taped down, way the hell in the far corner of my yard. Every day I would lift the landscape fabric to check to see if the balls were mature or close to blowing, then carefully tape it back up, go in and take a shower, wash my hair, run the clothes Id been wearing theu a wash
immediately. Trying to be SO careful....and all the time that rat bastard was doing my sweet girls.

I still went ahead and collected the pollen from the box boy. I dont know if it will keep or not. I put it in a tiny baggie in the fridge.
Do you guys know if it keeps?

Lass

Latest posts

Back