911 ! Omg...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dirtyolsouth said:
Good comprehension skills dirtysouth... You must not have been half as stoned as I was when I read this. He did point out that he was in week four so I shouldn't have thought that it was a male but for some reason 1 + 1 = 4? :confused: Any-hoo... My bad. I guess I was just being neighborly...

Peace!:cool:

Hermie? You think so? Well...I dunno. Let me clear a couiple points up. First, Im not a HE. Im a SHE or at least I HOPE so, because Im wearing a bra.

OIK...now the plants started their fourth week on the 16 of June. The first male showed on June 10, the second on June 11. The one that slipped by me did not show balls, nor the next day...so I assumed all my males had revealed themselves. I was wrong.
On the 15 I saw that what I thought was a bud froming was actually a conical pile of green balls at each growing tip. Is that what hermies do?

And do they change later than the males?

I wish I had taken pics before I trashed it...it's too late now.
So...now I guess I need to destroy any seeds I get to be on the safe side.
Im going to google up a bunch of hermie pictures. I'll let you know.

I cant thank all of you enough. I feel like the single biggest dum-*** on plant Earth. Ive been trying to find the silver lining in this disgrace...and for one, you can bet I will never let this happen again. From now on I will use the visor to look at every plant , every day until I SEE females making buds. For another, it's a bit of a relief to know that whatever future screw-ups I will make, NONE will compare with this first one, LOL. I mean...it's gotta be downhill from here, right?
But best of all is the genuine support and compassion from you experienced growers. I wouldnt have blamed any of you if you'd pointed and laughed, saying, "jeeez, give it UP, ya blind idiot!"

Like my dad used to say, "Lassie...it aint the number of times Life knocks you down. It's how many time you get back up."

Well, Im back up. Im a couple months behind, true, but, well,it could be worse. At least I aint waiting on this crop to have something to smoke. There's food in the fridge, the dogs are healthy, I aint living in a Homeless Shelter...so, all things considered, it's just a squashed chocolate in the candy box of Life.

FWIW, I checked the plants this morning with the visor...and just handling them, my fingers got sticky and smelled like spice.

Now...remember I have some WW clones rooting as well as nine or ten WW seedlings a month old poutside on the deck. I dont want to put the plants into veg for two, maybe three more weeks, so for the time being, the pollinated plants in the garage are not taking up space that the other plants need. In three weeks, possibly I will be able to tell just how seedsy those buds will be. If I see a bunch of seed, screw it. I'll move them outside and put the new batch under the HPS. It's not too big a hassle to run the flowering plants inside after 12 hours in the sun and back out the next morning. At least that way I can take them thru full flower to harvest without it costing me anything but time. At best I'll have some good smokable (albeit seedy!) weed...at worst, I'll have compost. But at least I'll know I saw it through.

Bless all of you-- you're the best.

Lassie the FEMALE old blind grower

You just never know why they go hermie for sure Lass... sorry for assuming your gender incorrectly... I didn't know Lass in LassChance was short for Lassie...? You even bought quality seeds with great genetics and it still happened... Who knows?

It sounds like your plants are coming along well... I hope it turns out decent for you.

becareful bringing outdoor plants inside, its a good way to get spidermites in your room.
i have a rule they can go from inside to outside, but never the other way.
JMO

dman1234 said:
becareful bringing outdoor plants inside, its a good way to get spidermites in your room.
i have a rule they can go from inside to outside, but never the other way.
JMO

WHOA! Hadnt even thought of that...thanks.

Lassie

dirtyolsouth said:
You just never know why they go hermie for sure Lass... sorry for assuming your gender incorrectly... I didn't know Lass in LassChance was short for Lassie...? You even bought quality seeds with great genetics and it still happened... Who knows?

It sounds like your plants are coming along well... I hope it turns out decent for you.

No problems! We dirty ole Southerners gotta stick together!
Now, you know Ive got finger, toes crossed. But what I know so far is, thoise girls get stickier and their aroma more spicy and wonderful every day. Buds are forming like crazy.
Like Mr Kingsford said, hey...we've all smoked weed with seeds. And tho I may have seeds, it's still White Widow.

We shall overcome!

Lassie

Latest posts

Back