A Cautionary Tale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoga

Reaction score
I read a few posts that discussed withdrawal symptoms and wanted to share my story.

I started growing last year and LOVED it. I had the most MJ that I had ever had and was the best that I ever smoked. I loved having it and sharing it. I thought that I would always be growing perpetually and it would be like I lived in MJ heaven. Then October came and life and weather got in the way and I stopped. By January I was out of everything that I had grown. And after smoking the best weed ever more consistentally than I ever had, it was BAD. I went from being nice and fun to being a step away from ripping my husbands face off. I was never happy and always emotional and irritated. I finally evened out, but know I know...

Put some away for a rainy day. Don't smoke it all like there will always be more. And if you are new and just starting your grows, remember it doesn't last forever. So plan or plan to be really grouchy when you're out.

I agree with you. I've had similiar eperiences. But I do have to say that grouchiness and irritability is not a physical symptom of MJ withdrawl...it's a psychological one.

Like you said...keep some for a rainy day and you wont have to panic and get your panties in a bunch, LOL. :p

I go thru this "rip your face off" attitude each year with the other half. I find smoking some of the previous summer's harvest my cure for it.
When buying MJ, like I did for most of my life, I never ever smoked the last until there was more in the box. Always felt better knowing it was there, if I really needed/wanted it.

We all know that if we really want to be free of the streets that we need to be totally self sufficient.

Some of us only grow 1 harvest with however many plants.

So the 1 harvesters have to crop to last a year of smoke.

Do any of us 'fear' running out?

Would knowing we are about to run out cause anxiety and internal stress so that when we do run out ... we take it out on people around us?

MJ withdrawal is not physical, as stated above.

But in our minds, we can make it feel physical.

We tense up causing physical reaction caused by anxiety.

Temper starts causing increased heart rate and temperature.

I guess in a way some could view this as physical withdrawal, but its only psycological.

I wonder how many of us think we could stop for a month easy, yet fear the thought.

:peace:

Hand pencil drawn Tc ;)

(Hey your a woman, I knew you would be back for a look)

Sean_Connery_by_Dead_Beat_Nick.jpg

Hmmm. If I run out, I execute Plan 9: distilled spirits :). Sometimes, well ok, often... ok I admit it... nearly always execute Plan 9 even if I haven't run out. But don't try this at home - I'm a professional :).

Hmmm...I have been executing a plan I didn't even know about. Sometimes I thought I may turn into a Grey Goose. After I pulled it together a little more I laid off the plan. Men seem to do it better than woman. Something you don't hear that often...
"Wow, that drunk crying girl sure was fun"

This site and seedbank sites really make me jones for some killer bud. It's all those pics of insane buds I keep seeing.:) And a bag of schwag just won't cut the musturd, although it's better than nothing. Right now I'm getting edgy because all my pipes are clean and I don't have any resin or carpet remenants left. Time to go out and hit the streets for a sack, wish me luck.:D

Yoga said:
Hmmm...I have been executing a plan I didn't even know about. Sometimes I thought I may turn into a Grey Goose. ...

One of my favorites. Before the market crashed, I mean :)

well, this worked for me. i kept the stems of all the bags i bought and threw them all in a bag. once a rainy day came i'd just grab that bag of stems and "play" with it, causing all the trichs left on the stems to fall off. i ended up getting 3 j's worth out of it all together. i would only take one j worth at a time and put the rest back. i just folded up a couple screens and rolled em up in the J for a filter--its a little tricky to smoke powder...but it def works!--not only did i keep the stems, but i'd always roll on a piece of paper, then scrape the paper off with the cardboard flap of the papers. just a lil bit, but that lil bit means a lot when you can't get ahold of anything....!

SherwoodForest said:
Time to go out and hit the streets for a sack, wish me luck.:D

Good Luck! BE SAFE!! I am trying for marijuana martyrdom. I'm not smoking until mine are ready. I'm thinking that by that time I will be an MJ virgin again, and it will be like the first time.

ArtVandolay said:
One of my favorites. Before the market crashed, I mean :)

So expensive, but so worth it! I've drank so much I'm surprised that I can't migrate. I'm still executing the plan, just not so much.

I think because I have my plants going now and that makes me feel better, but also because sometimes when I have been drinking I become abusive. To my girls. I do stupid things like think they need a trim or a little more water or some nutes. In the bright light of day I am oh so sorry, but it takes a lot before they forgive me.

I remember my first withdrawals....

After a successful harvest I began to grow listless. The color green would bring memories rushing back like they had happened that morning. The smell of compost was almost enough to make me loose it. My wife, at the time, would make a nice Sunday dinner and I would sit at the table, a million miles away, planting my peas into my mashed potatoes. I would suddenly wake in the middle of the night with a handful of the wifes hair in one hand and my trimmimg scissors in the other, maniacally giggling. The family dog feared me. My wife thought I was completely mad. Not because of this behavior. No, she really was understanding. In fact she had bought me an Aerogarden and some tomato plants to grow in it. But when I completely destroyed to bongs early-testing the fruits of my labor she knew there was a problem. I was addicted to growing. The withdrawal symptoms were horrible. I checked they mail obsessively for seeds I never bought, hoping someone, somewhere, made a mistake and sent the package to the wrong address. My address. I bathed in neem oil. I flushed the fishtank every 2 weeks and insisted she buy 4 pounds of fresh broccoli on every trip to the market.

My wife finally left me. She was looking pretty bad. Her bald spots were getting bigger.

I am happy to report that it is now Spring. My symptoms have finally subsided. I guess time heals all. Well, that and I am filling my spare time digging holes and mixing soil and that keeps my mind off my withdrawals pretty well.;) :D

i always try to keep some 'rainy day weed' aside. plus i usually have some shwag kickin around. i HATE running out.. it's weird, i can have some and not smoke it, but i just hate not having any.

always find it funny too how when you have a big bag, it burns so much quicker than a last eigth ;)

nv,

I understand. Now every bald woman I see is going to remind me of your ex. And yes, there are a lot a bald women where I live. I used to think Thumper from Bambi loved spring so much because love was in the air. Now I realize that he had some White Widow hidden down his hole (wow, that sounds bad when I read it back, but you know what I mean).

I needed that laugh...THANKS!

Yoga said:
I used to think Thumper from Bambi loved spring so much because love was in the air. Now I realize that he had some White Widow hidden down his hole

Ha! I was wondering where I had left my DPWW fan leaves!!!:D Ya know, those little hash balls kinda look like..... Naw!;)

I only wish I had some fan leaves. I finished smoking the stems I had a long time ago. Yes, I felt a little dirty and when I was done and still wasn't high.

My husband shaves his head. It only took once for him to wake up and find me with the scissors. He also sleeps with a cup on...but that's a different story.

I remember when I stopped smoking for a while. Went from getting high every day to not getting high for a long while. I was a complete flaming high strung *** hole for about 6 months. Even though I knew what the cause was, I could not help my self.

Latest posts

Back