A couple of questions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
Okay, most of you know that this is my first grow. I have taken my indoor plants and put them outside since I have the room and the privacy for it at my new place. But it seems to me that my plants are not getting enough light. So my first question is this:

Is there a general rate of growth that most outdoor plants grow at? (i.e. two or three inches every two days)

Like I said, I don't think they're getting enough light and they have slowed their growth considerably over the last week. They are on an atrium which is uncovered, but the sun MOVES through there during the day. They don't get direct sunlight for more than 3 hours at a time. I move them to get the sun on them, but I don't think they are getting enough.

My second question is this:
I thought I had confirmed that one was a female and two were males. I have removed the males from the female, but the female doesn't seem to be getting anymore preflowers... There is lots of new growth, but no more preflowers. So, what could this be caused by? It's like she's come to a screeching halt.

Third, but not least:
I would like to know if it is possible to turn males into hermies? And what is the best way to do it? The only reason I'd like to do this is to get some smokeable bud out of them. I will be very disappointed if I only get one plant that I can harvest.

Thanks,
Metalchick

After 15 people have viewed this post... NOBODY has an answer???

Anyone?? At all???

~Metalchick

It sounds like your plants might be getting some light during the dark period, maybe from a street light or window. It is hard to say for sure but it sounds like your plant might be reverting back to veg. When they do that they slow way down until they are back to veg and then they take off again. I would just harvest the males and try to make some iso hash or something like that from them.

Hey there, lets see if we can help;

1. First off, i had noticed they were inside and are now out, did you give the plants a taste of the outdoors everyday a little longer and longer? if you had just put them out, this could be why they are lagging in the growing dept. due to shock, not a bad thing, but not good this will hinder growth and the flowering process from 10-16 days sometimes.

2. The lighting issue could be better, for optimal bud site development, i have found that a consistant 5-6 hours of direct light will be great at temps from 65-80F this is optimal, at nights if it gets down to the fifties, they will grow and feed, but the nute uptake is slow and hinders bud develpment, but the cold can also add little hints of purple and other colors.

3. if you want more bud, than you could always take clones from the one fem you have and continue inside with copies of the mother, this would be a good idea, and in a small space you could even try SOG. right when they root, throw them into flower cycle.

If there is anymore questions that you have fire away, hope this helps you

~T-Bone

Can't turn the males into hermies, unfortunately.

Hey bubby, I'm sure there's SOMe way to turn a male hermie. It may be very time consuming, impractical or difficult, but where there's a will there's a way. :p

You know how males can be.. set in our ways, we just don't like change. :p

I know, I'm, the same way. But metalchick, Being a female, you have the natural talent of persuasion over the males. :p

metalchick832 said:
My second question is this:
I thought I had confirmed that one was a female and two were males. I have removed the males from the female, but the female doesn't seem to be getting anymore preflowers... There is lots of new growth, but no more preflowers. So, what could this be caused by? It's like she's come to a screeching halt.

I have a 100% Sativa plant that I am growing outside this year. Found the first preflowers July 6 and it stopped and just grew up, and up, and up until just recently when it started to actually flower on Sep. 20. It is now ten feet tall and flowering everywhere. What I am trying to say is that just be patient and they should do what they are suppose to. Hope I am makin sense :stoned:

Thank you guys. That was very helpful. I think I will try a closet with a light leak... perhaps that will turn the males hermie? I was just considering that because I know hermies can be caused by light leaks... I'll try it and see if it works with one of them.

The other one though, I had actually decided this afternoon to harvest soon and just make some hash or something.

Every clone attempt I've made with my female has failed. So, I just planted new seeds and am just now starting to see some leaves. Those are inside, since winter is coming soon.

~Metalchick

If your in the norther Hem. Plants will slow since now is the time for them to stop veging and turn to bud. Slim And forget about turning the males to herm. Waiste of time trying.

Latest posts

Back