Absolutely baffled about how to build my carbon filter system.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

215zealot

Guys i am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do here.

I have a 10x10 room, the room is very sealed off. I have no idea how to install a decent air system that will export all the smelly weed air outside the house.

I was thinking about cutting a hole in the closet and venting into my roof or something like that, but i read that is not adviseable.

The other option is to create some kind of custom window frame, but this is honestly beyond my skill level. I already have the window sealed off with drapes to make it look normal from the outside, topped with a layer of Pandafilm that is sealed around the whole window/drapes. If i decide to vent out through this window i would have to cut holes in both the tape/drapes and then cut another hole through the bug screen. I dont want to do this because then i have to crack the window open. Plus it will look suspicious from the outside, i dont think this will work.

I really need some ideas here guys. I live in a rented house so i can go tearing up the walls too crucially. I guess i can cut a few holes and patch them up when my lease is up. My House is only one story and my roof is inaccessible. I am completely baffled about what to do here.

put your ducting up through the ceiling and into the loft,it will not heat your roof up like a light bulb would,its only air.....:)

yea i am looking more and more and my exhaust fan venting through a hole in my closet into the roof. As long as their no fire hazards or anything like that i think that is my only viable option. The room is ground level and so is the window, i dont want any ducting sticking out of a ground level window.

well i cut open a hole through the roof drywall in my closet. Turns out my cheapass landlord isnt even using proper insulation, its some weird dust looking stuff and its not in layers, so it just falls and falls out of the hole. I will post some pictures of what it looks like up there. Seems extremely flamable to me, but then again im only exhausting air up there, not a fire hazard correct?

well, no air is really going to cause a fire...has to be some kind of light or something.

Also, if you look at the very very edge of your roof, you might even have a small crack in either the peak or the very edges somewhere around in your attic. there is usually a space but it'll be covered by a ridge cap, but you could vent it to another air hole if it made you that paranoid.

you don't have to worry about a fire hazzard venting air into your attic. attics are so hot from things far more hot than what your box is generally going to produce.

edit: also if possible get a little bit of spackling or some drywall repairing product to smoothen it out, maybe that'll help it. hell honestly...maybe even duct tape *shrugs*

Latest posts

Back