Advanced timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highman

berry berry sneaky!
Reaction score
im looking for a timer that has seconds options, i want to run my pump every 2 hours for 15-30 seconds anybody know where i can find one of these? I would prefer it to be non-digital. Anyhow if anyone knows were i can find one please let me know

Grasslin make a digital timer that you can set to the minute, 24 programmable settings if i remember correctly, mine has been on the go for 6 years so far.

Mechanical timers dont go as low as seconds i dont think, any of the ones i have seen are segmented into 15 minute sections.

Digitals are more reliable and i dont think your going to find a mechanical timer to suit your needs

What you are looking for is an expensive timer. Hydro stores have them or look online. Why do you want to run it that way? If it is NFT you can run it 24/7.

I do not know what NFT stands for but the reason i want this timer is becuase the system i have designed calls for 15 second watering intervals every 2 hours. The benefits of this system is that my plants sit flat on the ground optimizing valuable hight space. I will be running a 55 gallon drum for a resivor pumping the water to each plant evenly. there is no runoff water with this design and evaporation is almost non existant. the goal is to give the plant what it needs no more no less

me thinks you might be having to compromise.

highman said:
I do not know what NFT stands for but the reason i want this timer is becuase the system i have designed calls for 15 second watering intervals every 2 hours. The benefits of this system is that my plants sit flat on the ground optimizing valuable hight space. I will be running a 55 gallon drum for a resivor pumping the water to each plant evenly. there is no runoff water with this design and evaporation is almost non existant. the goal is to give the plant what it needs no more no less

No run off?? me thinks your going to suffer a toxic build up of salts sooner or later

the system is flushed weekly. seen similar design with ma own eyes as long as there is a flush your good to go

highman said:

Yea what does NFT stand for??.............run the pump 24/7 thats what they need and want

Budking said:
Yea what does NFT stand for??.............run the pump 24/7 thats what they need and want

NFT - Nutrient film technique , Its like the cutter systems you have seen.

I run the dripper 24/7 with the waterfarms as well.

Latest posts

Back