ADVISORY !!! MG soil and storebought soil with NUTES in it !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am forced to use MG soil. Been all over my area and would have to make my own compost heap and a worm bin. I would love to have the ability to use organics, but would have to order them. Don't feel good about ordering dirt. :p

It works for me. Some of the more "picky" strains. I will flush the soil out really well to make it not as hot. if need be.

Now for the blue crap MG. IMO has no place in a grow area. It is known to cause heavy PH swings. Make excessive salt build up. It is hot as hell and can torch a plant to a crisp.

If it's the only fert you can get, then use it very sparingly. but I would never recommend the MG or other "cheap" ferts for MJ. The NPK ratios are not optimal for MJ.

Note to Breeze:
I would start a grow jounral (just click "new thread" in the grow journal section) so we can follow along and help you on your way. Plus one plant per pot is a common growers rule ;)

i think the biggest problem is that with the pre mixed soil , is that all these people are adding more nutes to it when they allready have an abundance of them to begin , with , if you are using the pre mixed soils ..do not add.. more nutes to them , TBG , pretty much said it all , they do not add any more untill there in pre flower , by than most of the pre mixed nutes are gone and is safer to add too , thus eliminating alot of problems with all this nute burn .......:D :D :D :D

thanks you for ur advice...i can only afford the mg stuff on hand....how can I flush the nutes in them, my plant apears to be healthy and i dont want it to die or become a male plant. is my grow room okay? I need to know these things so my plant can stay healthy an produce good buds when its time for flowering.:p

Your plant will be fine in the MG soil without flushing. Don't add any other nutes to the soil. ;)
breeze1106 said:
thanks you for ur advice...i can only afford the mg stuff on hand....how can I flush the nutes in them, my plant apears to be healthy and i dont want it to die or become a male plant. is my grow room okay? I need to know these things so my plant can stay healthy an produce good buds when its time for flowering.:p

if you flush the MG soil it will only release more fert, pointless.

shuggy4105 said:
if you flush the MG soil it will only release more fert, pointless.

Depends how much you flush it. ;)
The point by flushing is releasing all the ferts then having them wash out the bottom....I have NOT tried this with the moisture control stuff, just the regular MG soil. It takes a solid day with a three gallon pot and lots of water. If doing this, then I recommend using a quality organic fert.
I have successfully flushed it (takes a while) then turned around and used hydro ferts at full strength using the soil formula at week 3 and not burned the plant. I have had the MG burn a couple of strains that seemed to not like it much.
but if the strain grows fine than I would not mess with it.

Latest posts

Back