aeroponics system cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

aeroman

If anyone has used this type of system before they know how hard it is to clean between crops. I only use it for cloning now because of the small area for root growth, but this is the easiest way I found to clean it. If anyone has a better idea, let's have it.
I cut the bottom out of a 7 gallon bucket and duck taped the top to the top of another seven gallon bucket. I put a large plastic garbage bag through the end that I cut out and down to the bottom of the two buckets.
That allows me to put a hot water and vinegar mixture inside the garbage bag. I put the grow tube inside the garbage bag and let it soak for a couple hours.
You might say why not just fill the tube with hot water and vinegar. Well, I could never get it full. The water would settle about a half inch from the top and the hard nute residue wouldn't come off. Here's a pic. This is the first time I've tried to post a pic I hope it works.

Picture 012.jpg

Dude I cant see anything better that that. Good luck :D

vinegar will break up the nutrient solution? If so i might throw some of that in my buckets before I start scrubbing them down so that the job is easier. Is small amounts of vinegar as a cleaning solution safe for your plants?

Vinegar is very acidic. It will change your ph drastically. I think it's acidic. Maybe it's base. I always get those to confused until I spill on myself. Either way it will screw up your ph.

Latest posts

Back