Air/bubles in water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOSTON BAKED BEAN

I have lots to learn!!!!!
Reaction score
I was not untill about a week mabie 10 days ago using a pump and an air stone in my watter. I sat it out 24 hrs an ph it ect... ut did not airrate wow what an amazing thing I can see it affect anyone else ..I know a lot of you do it just asking how many do dont what is your opinion????? BBB

i use a Boyu electromagnetic airpump for bubbling its workin great for pumping from 10 airstones i love it. you cant grow plants in water if its not aired

zem thanks now that im reading a lot of stuff again I can not believe i misse this... so stupid such a diffrence....... I just ogt a cheep one runs two stone pucks works great so,,, ut when I get better pro upgrade... thanks z bbb

Are you talking about airiating your feed...or a resivoir?...(this is how little I know about hydro) don't you have to airiate a res?

I grow in soil and I usually bubble my mix, if this is what you mean.

no no i use soil im talkin aout the water I water with does this clear it up.... no hydro here..

ah i was talkin bout hydro, sorry. i guess you can water without airstone in soil, sorry man i thought your doin dwc

it cannot hurt your girls to aerate water before watering the girls. i would actually suggest that if your water sits out for any length of time, 24 hrs or more, that you pump it full of air before feeding. i am not a soil grower but i do believe in highly oxygenated water no matter what medium you use. here is a good question :)... do we overwater the roots or do we under-oxygenate them? :):) just my stoned opinion :), happy growing.

ta2dguy said:
it cannot hurt your girls to aerate water before watering the girls. i would actually suggest that if your water sits out for any length of time, 24 hrs or more, that you pump it full of air before feeding. i am not a soil grower but i do believe in highly oxygenated water no matter what medium you use. here is a good question :)... do we overwater the roots or do we under-oxygenate them? :):) just my stoned opinion :), happy growing.
it cannot hurt to aerate the res of course it just isnt necessary in soil, it's good to stir the res before watering to mix up all the soil nutes that are not 100% soluble and settled at bottom of res. if water is aerated and fed in soil it wont hurt but IMO i dont think it will help a lot since the oxygen will get depeted very fast since it's sitting in soil. roots in soil get O2 from the air and not from the sitting water in the soil thats why you need soil that allows good aeration.
on a related topic, i read the other day about something very interesting, you could use ordinary soil ferts for hydro plants very simply by putting them in a res then adding soil in the res few grams of soil/liter of water and bubbler to aerate it this causes bacteria in soil to multiply very fast and break down the soil ferts into nitrate form which plants can suck directly and in 2 weeks time the res would be good for hydro use :) cheers

Latest posts

Back