akiraHz's Super Micro SOG containment unit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only update so far is that i added a 24 inch long linear tube floro light, 20 watts, 3100k spectrum, puts out a sort of purplish pinkish light, rated at 750 lumens.. figured why not, it fit just perfectly snugg against the inner walls, no need to even mount it, also took a pic of the damage done by one of my lights that lets just say.. got a bit too close for too long, damage wasnt that sevear, i caught it pretty quick n made sure it wouldnt happen again.

they're gettin bigger! ;)

I dont know why the one in the middle is such a runt.. it is the youngest but still it should of at least forked some leafs by now.. i got it sitting directly under the light now, but it is also the most stretched as well.

day19-f12-all.png

day19-f12-closeup-dmg.png

day19-f12-closeup1.png

day19-f12-closeup2.png

akirahz said:
Just some more growth pics, watered them finally after 6 days of no rain :cool: i just hope i get females, i think stoned jinxed me :( so heh, do they look like females? c'mon... tell me they look like females :( ;(

hey akirahz...they look like females 2me....:banana: Good luck

hey man the plants our lookin great bro i hope u have contiuned good luck ,,i wanted to throw this out their for u i seen u got ur lights at either home depo our lowes i cant rember but i thought ifd let u no that they also got hps at home depo and lowes they got ones as lo as 70 watts the 70 watt one would fit great in your set up and them babys will get a lot more buds on them with a hps ,,the price is pretty lo for these hps to ,,so if ur interested in finding out exactly what im talkin about let me no bud cause i got one and ill show u a pick so u no witch one to pick up ,,but any ways like i said they are lookin good

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

Hey Akirahz,
Very nice looking grow man!
You have inspired me to do a micro. I'll start planning it and steal (i mean implement, lol) some of your ideas/setup if you don't mind...

Btw, how loud do the fans get? What is the temp in the box? Do you mind taking some pictures of your intake/exhaust?

Good Luck, i will be following your thread... may the weed gods be with you...

cuzigothigh

i can take some pics of the intake/exhaust later today in about 10 hours when the sum comes up, i don't mind - you could probably do a better job then me, im not that good with my hands, my friend has two similar to mine, a 22gal, and a 35 gal, only his lights are mounted to the top of the lids on both units. His 22 gal he uses for vegging, with 3 26 watt 6500k's , i think hes got 5 in there right now, and exhaust fan, and a passive intake. His flowering box is the 35gal, with 6 40 watt bulbs, two 120mm fans, and two 80mm fans for cooling. Plus his is all light trapped and what not, and hes even got the carbon scrubbers which i don't have. Nor do i have a dual tub setup for clones, ill probably do that later though.

My temps hover between 81 and 83f depending on the ambient temp. The fans aren't that loud, currently running 1 80mm and 1 5 inch fan, i have no way of measuring the actual decibels. Currently running a theoretical 7,750 lumens @ 120 watts. 100 watts of 2700k and 20 watts of 3100k.

Whats up mang. May i say your babies are coming right along and looking great. I'm sure your one baby will make a full recovery from the heat. As far as the runt goes could be just a bad seed but hey let that baby grow. GREEN MOJO for all the babies. ;)

I got some pics of my buddy's tubs, just the veg one mostly, and the lid to the flower tub before he added the other three 40 watters, but thats all i got of the flower one.

vegtub-inside.png

lid.png

both-boxes.png

vegtub-outsihjde.png

Keep it up akirahz. I hope they are all females. They should give signs of sex within a week or two for ya. We're all sitting on the edges of our seats.

Good luck.:)

Pot Belly said:
Keep it up akirahz. I hope they are all females. They should give signs of sex within a week or two for ya. We're all sitting on the edges of our seats.

Good luck.:)

Thanks pot belly : ) i hope your right about the fems and the showing of sex :)

more pics, not much change did a bit of rearranging and put the runt up real close between two of the bulbs, trying to get it bigger.

I took a picture where you can clearly see the 80mm intake fan in the upper left, and the red exhaust fan cramed down in the corner hole in the lower right, they are 21 days old, 14 days flowering in these pics ;)

day21-f14-all.png

day21-f14-close-dmg.png

day21-f14-close.png

wow there looking really good i am glad i get to watch them grow in person with you lol :heart:

well here are some update pics, ive also decided to order the parts and build my own 100 watt hps light (rated at 9,500 lumens). and im going to take out the CFL's more then likly. Ill be ordering the parts on the 16th of this month from 1000bulbs.com, so should have pleanty of time to get HID lighting on any future developing bud sites :hubba:

the price is definatly worth it, only $35 for HID light and 9,500 lumens, plus less wattage so less heat probably then my CFL's .. which means cooler temps.. its a win win situation .. i can hardly wait.. only problem i think im going to have is mounting the socket and finding a box for the ballast n what not

day23-f16-jan13th-all.png

day23-f16-jan13th-close.png

day23-f16-jan13th-close2.png

Everything is looking great. :aok: They are gonna be very happy when you get that new light. :hubba:

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Everything is looking great. :aok: They are gonna be very happy when you get that new light. :hubba:

Thanks TBG :cool: i just put my other 5 speed queens in the germination cup, im going to stick them in 18 oz cups and add them too this grow and start them from seed now, that way when it comes time to harvest my first 4 (iffen i get any females at all) ill only have to wait a little over a month for the next batch :)

The babies are lookin great man,or should i say 'young ladies':D

HI!

i am so glad i came across this grow.
im doing pretty much the same thing...
6 16 oz cups in a tub. unsure of the dimensions.
with 5 CFL 26 watts.

ive got a grow journal with all the details if you would like to check it out.

ill def. be watching - LOVE these kinds of grows.

good grow man i cant wait to see what the yeild is off of a micro grow yours is the first one ive ever took a intrest in,,good luck and i noticed u said that they are almost a month old how have u kept them so small for a month of growth that is amazing mine are almost a foot tall in a month ,,but i dont do micro grows is their a trick u use to keep them from growing normaly??but any ways its lookin like a good micro grow keep up the great work bro

biggreenthings said:
HI!

i am so glad i came across this grow.
im doing pretty much the same thing...
6 16 oz cups in a tub. unsure of the dimensions.
with 5 CFL 26 watts.

ive got a grow journal with all the details if you would like to check it out.

ill def. be watching - LOVE these kinds of grows.

OOOooo nice, wheres the link to that?

tom-tom said:
good grow man i cant wait to see what the yeild is off of a micro grow yours is the first one ive ever took a intrest in,,good luck and i noticed u said that they are almost a month old how have u kept them so small for a month of growth that is amazing mine are almost a foot tall in a month ,,but i dont do micro grows is their a trick u use to keep them from growing normaly??but any ways its lookin like a good micro grow keep up the great work bro

Ah thanks man, well the trick to keepin them small is either no veg period, or a small veg period, and to keep the containers small, thats really all there is too it, strain can play a big role too, im not sure what strain you got tom but these speed queens are 80% indica, 20% sativa so they stay pretty short - i dont got much light either which might contribute to their current size, but i'll hopefully be either ordering a 100 watt hps or pickin up a 70 watt security light locally and gutting it

Latest posts

Back