All teh stickkys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Lotus

God Of Thunder
Reaction score
I think theres alot of stickys.
there should be a sticky "The Stickys Sticky, Read First"
with the links of all the other stickys in it.
Or 2-3 main stickys, and "the stickys sticky, read first" with the rest
in it.

all teh stickys Kinda seems cluttered.

Please, Nobody take offense, I can live with it.
Just thought it would clean up the lounge a little.

Just an idea that nobody will probably agree with.

:48:
:fly:​

HippyInEngland said:
Have you been reading my PM's ? :rofl:

It was only yesterday I contacted someone about it ;)

Yeah mang, Ive been sniping your sent mail:hubba:
But really I have to scroll forever it takes up most of the screen!

Should just do them, Where inside the sticky, The titles of the original stickys are layed out, and clickable. So they read the title, but you click it and it goes to that now "un-stuck" topic from the main "Sticky Thread"

....topic title here

....topic title here

....topic title here

..... And so on, and so fourth, linked.
Would clean the board up ALOT and
In my opinion be way easier to navigate having
them all right there for you to clicky clicky without
being all over the front page.

Great minds think alike hippy
...Now lets take turns riding the retarded lama:lama:

I love the idea...but ill play the opposition and say that any "new" members could easily scroll past the sticky sticky. They are all laid out in the proper forums and you can see the full title so you know what info might be there.

I think the whole point of a sticky is to be like, "Here I am, READ ME to learn!"

I'm not taking offense, only saying gee its sad how some stoners smoke them selfs to the point where it's actually hard to scroll 3 clicks! LMAO! :rofl:

Iron Lotus for sticky organizer! The stickies are completely out of hand! Change we need!

Well seing how MP isn't here right now there is no reason to complain about the stickys. :doh:Keep it up and i'll turn the whole damn coffe table into a giant sticky. :rofl:

canibanol cannonball said:
I love the idea...but ill play the opposition and say that any "new" members could easily scroll past the sticky sticky. They are all laid out in the proper forums and you can see the full title so you know what info might be there.

If a new member isnt going to click the first 3 stickys.
They arent going to click the rest.

Shouldnt be as many stickys, It makes it look like a ghetto
front porch with couches and raggedy recliners sittin there
in the open.

If a new person plans on reading the stickys, Theyd definatly
click a thread that had all the stickys in it. Theres alot of stickys
that just seem random and should all be under one sticky instead
of having their own. The top 3 important stickys could have their own, But that would be the line. The rest of the smaller topics that are stickied should be under ONE STICKY.

But whatever Its easier to just sticky shat than to make it
nice looking I understand. But alot of people get tired
of scrollin past all the dumb stickys to get to the first
unread post. Simply put, its a cluster fkuc.

As most rational people would agree.

But hey its not my site, I just use it so carry on
.......dont mind the suggestions:bongin:

Thats all I'll say about it.

Iron Lotus said:
If a new member isnt going to click the first 3 stickys.
They arent going to click the rest.

Shouldnt be as many stickys, It makes it look like a ghetto
front porch with couches and raggedy recliners sittin there
in the open.

If a new person plans on reading the stickys, Theyd definatly
click a thread that had all the stickys in it. Theres alot of stickys
that just seem random and should all be under one sticky instead
of having their own. The top 3 important stickys could have their own, But that would be the line. The rest of the smaller topics that are stickied should be under ONE STICKY.

But whatever Its easier to just sticky shat than to make it
nice looking I understand. But alot of people get tired
of scrollin past all the dumb stickys to get to the first
unread post. Simply put, its a cluster fkuc.

As most rational people would agree.

But hey its not my site, I just use it so carry on
.......dont mind the suggestions:bongin:

Thats all I'll say about it.

I think its the coffee table thats jumbled, all the rest of the forums are good.
How would members know what stickys are in the sticky? The stickys have a purpose. They bring the hot button issues to the top of the page so if anyone passes over them they will be a the top again the next time round.

Newbies need stickies too. It would be a lot easier for someone looking for info in the stickies to find them all at the top of the page. I like stickies...valuable pieces of info there;).
Keep it up and i'll turn the whole damn coffe table into a giant sticky.
rofl.gif

I think its the coffee table thats jumbled, all the rest of the forums are good.
How would members know what stickys are in the sticky? The stickys have a purpose. They bring the hot button issues to the top of the page so if anyone passes over them they will be a the top again the next time round.

After they click the sticky once. Theyd know what was in it from then on.

If you put LIST OF USEFUL STICKYS READ FIRST. Should solve the problem. Anyway no biggie its just stupid for the whole lounge to
be covered when it could be alot more modern and cleaned up.

Like them being in one collective sticky would ruin how everybody
reads them. If theyre gonna clicka sticky, Then theyd be more likely to
click one that clearly had all the good info in it.
It just looks like a cluster fcuk. end o story.

Ive seen plenty of great material, that arent stickied, Should they be stickied too?
Some of those stickies, NEED to be under 1 collective sticky in the lounge, because its the one thats the MOST jumbled... and not taking up half the lounge area.

Fear no more, Im not posting anything else about it.
Too many people who dont want to go against the grain
thats been set. Its like arguing religion with a christian.
It usually gets you nowhere. If it was done though, MOST everybody
who was being honest would agree... It looked MUCH MUCH better
than 28 stickies lined up in a row on the main page of the "lounge".

EDIT: Im not here to argue so like I said no more replies from me in this thread arguing with anybody, Theres logic and theres not logic... That many stickys in the main area of the lounge, is not logical.

If I wanta debate I will agitate my wife which happens quite frequently

Happy honika.

:48:

;) How many new members read the rules or research the forum before they start posting................ :stoned: :confused2:

bud.uncle said:
;) How many new members read the rules or research the forum before they start posting................ :stoned: :confused2:
Exactly. If theyre gonna read a sticky, Theyd be more likely
to click the first one than the 8th one down the page.

Ya dont need more stickys to get the "sticky" idea noticed.
The first 3-4 is ENOUGH for any n00b. And like you said most
of them dont read them until theyve been here for a while.
Hell Im stilla n00b myself when it comes to post count...

The amount of stickies isnt going to persuade them to read
a "sticky" more. WHy not just sticky the whole first page to
"ensure" all new people read a sticky.............:rolleyes:

Here's my two cents (Canadian cents, so that has to be adjusted against the American dollar :rolleyes:)

First penny thought:

I think the members of this site should take more pride in "it's" grow guide, found here:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forumWOW/Full-Marijuana-Growing-Guide.html

It is a generic one that is found all over the web, and there is a lot of information in there that is controversial at best and not really based on fact such as:

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS

A solution of one pill to one gallon of water has been reported to cause increased growth speed in tomato plants. It is possible this will help herb plants too. One treatment administered before flowering and one administered a few weeks before harvesting might help the plant mature faster.

One grower told a story of the same type of plants, one administered the estrogen grew to 20 feet, while the other was 7 feet. This may be purely anecdotal, but it may work. Try it and report back to us on results. "

Using the current grow guide as a starting point, all the information in these stickys should be added into the grow guide so it really does become "our" grow guide, with the values and wisdom of the members here reflected within it. I would volunteer to do this (with the appropriate review of the mods) before there is complaints of "who will do it", as I am sufficently neat-freakish enough to enjoy this task :)

Second penny's worth of thought:

This is an expansion of the other ideas in this thread. Create a new forum for all the stickys, with only sticky posts in there that are added by the mod. Start off the first one as an index to organize them all. All the other forums would have 1 sticky pointing to the main index.

Take a look at some of the questions posted by the new members (orexisting ones) and tell me they are reading the stickys. What is in place now is an approach to put all these stickys up front for the benefit of new users (the ones that bother to use them at all, which I expect is a small percentage) who will benefit for about a week as they read them and after that point it becomes clutter for them, and the rest of us.

bud.uncle said:

i would say 1 in 100.
At least when they do decide to educate themselves the information will be right there for them. At the top of the page. Ive read many of the sticks' a couple of times, wich saved me asking easily answered questions.

Im here to learn...so if the coffee table is jumbled, who cares. I dont really need to know about fluffy's day at the vet, or last nights hockey game.

i would say 1 in 100.
At least when they do decide to educate themselves :yeahthat:

that would be a start

the information will be right there for them.
At the top of the page. I've read many of the sticks' a couple of times, which saved me asking easily answered questions. :aok:

Im here to learn...

I'd like to think we all are

so if the coffee table is jumbled, who cares. I don't really need to know about fluffy's day at the vet, or last nights hockey game.
The activity in the coffee table....................

hmmmmmmmm

normally puts a big smile on my face for most of the day...........:D

yes i too enjoy the coffee table. What im trying to say is that i dont mind climbing over the pile of sticks to get to the postings.
Im sure if the mods took away or put the sticks in a sub-folder people would be asking Q's that can be answered by themselves. Clogging up the boards more.....

yes i too enjoy the coffee table. What im trying to say is that i dont mind climbing over the pile of sticks to get to the postings.
Im sure if the mods took away or put the sticks in a sub-folder people would be asking Q's that can be answered by themselves.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

and they don't already............

I'm not disagreeing................................

I just sometimes :hairpull:

when people

try to run before they can walk

pop seeds

with no grow area prepared etc

oh I'm gona get off my soap box.........................

startin to feel like I'm digging a very large hole.............:D

must be time for a smoke break...........

Latest posts

Back