Amber/cloudy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleZipper

Reaction score
I decided to harvest a plant early the other day(Snow White at only 40 days into flower[it was a runt]). I expected it to become more cloudy. Many "hairs" started to turn amber and I didn't want the whole "body buzz" so, as an experiment, I snipped and hung. ALL the hairs turned amber! I left it in the light on the first day and I'm guessing it caused buds to turn more amber than they normally would have. -Would I have had less "red hair" if it had gone straight into darkness? Also. It smells like hay, which I hear is normal. Is it? It's only the first few days but it doesn't smell anything like MJ. Hopefully they'll smell better as it breaks down. Just a lil concerned all my efforts are going to turn out like some foul tasting, hay smelling, couchlock, lol. I've read the stickies but couldn't find anything on how to stop the ambering process after harvesting.

the amber you hear people talk of is about the trich's, not the hairs.
it wont be couchlock, i'm sure. a little premature/green tasting if anything.

I can't say any of my weed smells like hay, all the weed I've grown smells like dank bud, maybe its just cause you harvested so early, or maybe its the ferts or growing medium, I no I prefer MJ grown in soil more than any other medium as I find it gives a nicer taste and aroma than most mediums! But I'm sure thats a preference thing.

Phatpharmer

phatpharmer said:
I can't say any of my weed smells like hay, all the weed I've grown smells like dank bud, maybe its just cause you harvested so early, or maybe its the ferts or growing medium, I no I prefer MJ grown in soil more than any other medium as I find it gives a nicer taste and aroma than most mediums! But I'm sure thats a preference thing.

Phatpharmer

Man,

yes it is a preference thing, like you I prefer top class MJ!
So soil it is.

kaotik said:
the amber you hear people talk of is about the trich's, not the hairs.
it wont be couchlock, i'm sure. a little premature/green tasting if anything.

On the money I would say.
I harvest when I can see they are ready, when most "hairs" have receded and the calyx is swollen and hard, hope that makes sence.

Latest posts

Back