An idea to get water straight to you roots.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clever_intuition

Reaction score
I just had a good thought for the soil of an indoor plant. I am having problems with water running down the sides of my bucket and pouring straight through instead of actually watering the roots. So this is my idea for my next grow since my soil is already settled now.

Create a divit in the center of the pot, bring the soil up along the edges and lower where the plant is going to be settled. this will cause the water to pool in the middle of the bucket going straight down to the roots.

I should of thought of this before but this is my first time. It will create a barrier to the sides of the bucket that will not allow the water to run down the sides.

I will try this on my next grow which I should be starting very soon:cool:

Just a thought my friends:D

Taken in to consideration my friend.

The root you want is the tap root. the rest are subject to outside water sources. Your tap root goes straight down and then branches off in order to find more water sources as well as nutes and pull them in for the plant its self.

Your tap root should be about the same thickness as your plans stalk, and eventually thining as it gets deeper.

This is because the water usually gets to the base of the plant and then spreads from there. this method.....which I have not tried yet would bring water directly to the tap root. Being roots, they also branch off into smaller versions of stems as well providing every root that it hits with water.

The way I was thinking about it was that if you pull a plant from the ground.

It's root system looks almost identical to the above ground plant. You want to feed and water the main source. This would be the Tap root. The main stem under ground.:cool:

lol yea i do water in this swinging motion hahahaha when the plant starts to get too big so it waters directly where the stem goes into the ground hahaha whatever works i guess huh

You can add more soil to your bucket, and water in the middle,
and watch all the water pool in the middle.

how do I know.. I had same issue.. easy fix.

Just stuff soil on the side and add to the top, and its all fixed..

Latest posts

Back