Another Cloning Question - Mr. Bubbles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Bubbles

Reaction score
WOW all the cloning threads today, I couldn't resist posting some minor issues I have with my current setup. This is where I am at day 14 of taking the cuttings. The area is not that hot and the light is a 23w CFL at least a foot away.

If the cutting looks GREAT well guess what it has no roots and vise versa. I understand the roots are likely taking energy from the leaves but just dunno here.

I thought by now I would be further along. Judging by how a few more of them are browning I expect to see more roots on a few tonight. How normal is this and what if anything can I do to improve?

CIMG0004.jpg CIMG0005.jpg CIMG0008.jpg

everything looks fine to me

on the ones that haven't rooted though, you could get a scalpel and careful scrape some of the outer green skin off the stem which will give it more area to root from

the widowmaker said:
everything looks fine to me

on the ones that haven't rooted though, you could get a scalpel and careful scrape some of the outer green skin off the stem which will give it more area to root from

Did you zoom all the way in to see that amazing detail. Curling on green tips, RED spots and other dying leaves. I am running with it, just crossing my fingers.

Thoughts on misting ? I am going to swap in a smaller CFL as well.

you need to fix your im issues bro

whats in the res in regards to ph and nutrients

Yeah...whats in the water?...is it Tap?Disstilled?Uran?

the widowmaker said:
you need to fix your im issues bro

whats in the res in regards to ph and nutrients

I am still working on the IM issues, I bought a MAC :ignore:

I am using tap water that comes in between 6.5 and 7.0 using the drops. Changing the water tonight for the first time along with the bulb. Likely going to try your scrape suggestions with a sterile razor blade.

Back, I changed the water and left the 23w CFL. I also scraped the stems a little. The PH of the outbound water was over 8 likely close to 8.5.

I guess I better change the water a little more often. :huh:

What is the consensus on misting?

Mr. Bubbles... I've been dealing with cloning problems this last go-round.
I'm on my second 'project' with the water cloner. I cleaned my cloner out today because my water's pH was too high, but it smelled rotten too. I didn't use any cleaning solutions this time. It wasn't pretty inside there.
Last time I had nubs on the stems in two days on some of the Bubble Gums. This time it's been two weeks and I only got 30 out of 120. So I'm concerned. I'm going to lower my pH. It was up past the chart... 8.5, so I think that might have had something to do with the low output on the roots and the mushy/dead clones... Oh, I trim back my leaves a little with a blade or sissors that have been cleaned in alcohol. I need to go get a photo and put it on to share with you. If I can figure out how to post photos. Good luck to you.

the reason your ones that have roots are not looking as good as the ones without roots is because they have deficiencies because its starting to need food soon, you can keep it green for a bit while it builds more roots by giving them a mist with just some ph water

Thanks folks, I think I got it now. Mist for nutes and change water more often. :)

Latest posts

Back