another multi strain grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cant wait to try these strains there all new to me so im siked:hubba:

HPIM4602.JPG

HPIM4605.JPG

HPIM4607.JPG

HPIM4608.JPG

HPIM4611.JPG

HPIM4613.JPG

HPIM4579.JPG

HPIM4598.JPG

HPIM4582.JPG

i had all the pots in rubber maid bins but the were to close together it was getting tite in there. i had a little extra room in the tent so i laid down a tarp and took the bins out and spread the pots apart so they have a little more room. once i sex them i can probably use the bins again.

HPIM4661.JPG

HPIM4662.JPG

HPIM4663.JPG

HPIM4664.JPG

HPIM4666.JPG

HPIM4667.JPG

HPIM4668.JPG

HPIM4669.JPG

HPIM4671.JPG

i got some nice breeding males tite nodes with a indica dominance just how i like it:D there in a 1-1/2 x 3 x 6 tent under a 150w CFL
so far i got 3 pheno's of mandala's safari mix
2 pheno's of AK-47 xBubbleberry
a Ducksfoot99 x Clipse, AK48, and a Direwulfe x Blue Buddha if i find a better male from those strains i will hack the one in the tent and replace it with the better pheno. im hoping on making a few crosses this grow. if i dont use the pollen it will be saved for the next grow. i want to make these crosses first then i can play around with some others. im only gonna polly a few lower branches
Dragons Breath x Direwulfe/Blue Buddha
Dragons Breath x AK-47/Bubbleberry
more Safari mix
and more DF99 x Clipse
and if i find a nice SK#1 male i will make some SK#1 f2s and start an IBL:hubba:

HPIM4677.JPG

HPIM4679.JPG

Did you have any prolems with heat and what kind of temps do you have with it open and with it zippedup.? I'm real curius because i've thinking about one myself.:hubba:

warlock said:
Did you have any prolems with heat and what kind of temps do you have with it open and with it zippedup.? I'm real curius because i've thinking about one myself.:hubba:
no probs with heat its almost 80 with the lights on tent closed with a 265CFM dayton blower sucking the air out. thats without a forced air intake i rely on the exhaust to suck in fresh air from the bottom vents in the tent. and when it's open about 75 and lights off 65-70. but if i started having heat issues i would hook up my 6in. inline fan for a air intake and take the cooler air from the basement.

Nice thing you got going there pothead. I wonder what good those fluoros are doing, though. At first, when all you had were the fluoros, I thought that you didn't have enough light. But once you put in the 400 watt HID, it seemed to me that the light from it was so much more intense than the light from the fluoros that the light given off from them was almost negligible.

I think that you're going to end up having to get rid of quite a few of those, because you're going to have an over-crowding problem.

Great looking plants, though!

that would be good if i have over-crowding then i can pick out the runts and keep the strongest and best:hubba: but so far so good there all in there. and i expect a few more males. i pulled about 20 males so far and have about 15 confirmed fems and 13 not showing yet. and as for the fluros the more light the better im not having heat issues so there staying there not in the way and can do nothing but help.;) IMO im pushing the limit with a 400w HPS in a 4X4 area:D:rolleyes:
here are some pics from today

HPIM4756.JPG

HPIM4759.JPG

HPIM4758.JPG

HPIM4760.JPG

i pulled the last of the males out yesterday and have 24 fems left in the tent.
i got a little better than 50/50 male to fem ratio. i poped around 52 seeds 6 never poped leaving 46 and 24 ended up fem:D
i also trimmed up the bottom of the plants for better air flow and to get rid of the lower growth that wont do much anyway. i took clones from the bottom side shoots i cut off and sent them to a freind cause im not setup to clone at the moment. i also whittled down my pollen donors to 5 strains
AK-47 x Bubbleberry
Dirwulfe x Blue Buddha
Dragons Breath
Skunk #1
Ducksfoot99
pic-1-3 pollen donors they should drop pollen within the next week or two
pic-4-9 garden shots

HPIM4774.JPG

HPIM4763.JPG

HPIM4779.JPG

HPIM4782.JPG

HPIM4783.JPG

HPIM4800.JPG

HPIM4799.JPG

HPIM4798.JPG

HPIM4784.JPG

Just thought I would stop by and see hows it going. Beautiful Grow man. Keep up the good work im pullin up a chair!!!

Still looking lovely. Are you going to transplant those? It seems like they've outgrown those pots.

Alistair Young said:
Still looking lovely. Are you going to transplant those? It seems like they've outgrown those pots.
i got 2 gal. gro bags im still not sure if im gonna use them they should be good in those pots i just have to water more often. if i use the bags i dont think they will fit ive grown out plants this size in these pots before with no probs but im sure i loose a little yeild;):cool:

So pothead, what size are those pots you have them in now? You never encountered problems with root bound plants? All you had to do was water them more often? You didn't get nutrient deficiencies? I thought root bound plants had a hard time taking up nutes?

Alistair Young said:
So pothead, what size are those pots you have them in now? You never encountered problems with root bound plants? All you had to do was water them more often? You didn't get nutrient deficiencies? I thought root bound plants had a hard time taking up nutes?

there 6x6x7 square pots. i never had a prob using them i have to feed more often daily waterings. im sure i loose some of the yeild but not much.
i grew bigger bushier plants in them before i didnt have money at the time for bigger pots so i used those and i got 2-3ft. multi-top plants that gave me an average yeild of a little over an OZ.-1/2
here are some pics from today

HPIM4808.JPG

HPIM4809.JPG

HPIM4814.JPG

HPIM4822.JPG

HPIM4823.JPG

HPIM4824.JPG

HPIM4829.JPG

HPIM4832.JPG

HPIM4833.JPG

HPIM4834.JPG

HPIM4836.JPG