ant's in my compost pile?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waspfire

A.K.A FLABOY
Reaction score
as title said i went out todya and did my montly turn of the pile and behold i found lots of ants in there i havent used any food in the pile not sure hwy there in there but my question is are they ok to be left int here or should i get them out if the ladder what would u guys reccomend ot get rid of them out my pile?all appreciated thanks

If you kick them, do they swarm you and bite with a bite that makes a little red mark and burns like **** for 3 days? Are you new to Florida? The whole state actually belongs to the fire ants, they just let us live here unless we get too close to them :D I can't think of anything that would get rid of them that is appropriate for a compost pile. Sorry.

I'm not surprised to hear they took up residence in your compost pile, either.

EDIT: You might look at some of those perimeter defense treatments - try to keep them from getting to the pile. It's dry stuff you spread around. It's also worth a call to your local pest control authority - everyone would want to keep them out of their compost pile.

nah bro been here all my life in florida
and no there not fire ants just what i would call piss ants .Just tyring to see if there is somthing organic i can use to get them out or make them not want to be in there.Guess i will be tossing alot of cinnamon in it lol seeign as ants dont like it.but now that i think abou it if there still there in the spring or if i cant get rid of them i will just make up some compost tea:)

Latest posts

Back