Anyone else in the south trying indicas? Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
I am having trouble with my outdoor indica grow. Maybe this is why my first grow was not so good. It's nearly May and they are in flower. Not enough daylight hours.

Has anyone grown pure indicas successfully this far south? (Say, Texas border area). Think the problem is low hours. I just lost three of the six clones and the remaining three are going into flower. :fid:

The BIG QUESTION: What is the minimum hours to stop indicas flowering?

well thats a good question. i have a few outdoors i went to check on yesterday and they've started to flower. i figured after the days were over 13 hours they would be fine but its not looking to good. maybe someone will come along and answer this for both of us.. good luck

im in the noorth not to far, but the sun is coming up around 730 am, then dark by 800, i mean fully dark, aroound mid may the sun will be out past 9 up around 630am if that helps.

xxsourdieselxx said:
im in the noorth not to far, but the sun is coming up around 730 am, then dark by 800, i mean fully dark, aroound mid may the sun will be out past 9 up around 630am if that helps.[/

My guess is, you started the plant INside with 16 hours or more of light? If so, it thinks it's fall.
An outside plant should just now be getting started from seed, corn, beans,MJ, too....as the days grow LONGER. Once June 21 comes around and the days start getting shorter, plants know it's time to flower. Your plant is confused. Got any seeds?
Can you bring it inside at sundown for a few extra hours of light?

Ive got some Indica and some Sativa, both started from seeds outside in the last week. They're fine Every day the light lasts a bit longer, so they know it's time to GROW, not flower. It's possible that in a couple of weeks it will have re-adjusted, stop flowering and start veging again, just as a plant can be forced to go BACK to vegging by lengthening the hours of light.
If you dont have any seeds, I guess waiting for it to re-adjust is about all you can do.

Good summary. Thanks.
These were clones taken from the mom 3 weeks ago. The mom was under 16/8 I think. I put the clones outside in dappled shade. They looked great until a week ago when three of them started going bad. My guess is that the short daylight hours put them into suspension for changing to flower and that's why three failed. Bummer . . . unfortunately I don't have any Aurora seed left, I am continuing the line with clones of it. I do have some 70% sativa doms that I made last grow, I'll have to try a few and see if I can grow some beanstalks in the autumn.

Once June 21 comes around and the days start getting shorter, plants know it's time to flower.

i've grown outdoors many times and have never seen a plant start flowering in june.

i do agree that the plants are confussed about by the change in light times going from indoors to outdoors but i think your time line is off a little on flowering outdoors.

plus i've started many plants indoors and moved outdoors under shorter light times and they didn't start flowering. i think the problem is that the days are still closer to 12 hrs a day. it seems like i've read that people flower some plants under 13/11 so maybe when the days get more like 13 1/2 hours a day they'll start to veg. jmo

I have grown outdoors and had them go into flower then to veg then back to flower it's from putting them out to early. But they will be ok (at least mine were). But this only happens when started and vegged inside for a while using 16+ hours of light. Then put out doors when light schedule is still closer to 12/12 schedule. Have any of you grown by the moon phase? The June 21st your talking about has a good roll in moon phase gardening. Try this take a clone or a plant with sex already known, and check the moon phase for the week of June 21st and when the moon is *waning* (not sure on the spelling) set your plant out and see what happens, of course you'll want to harden it off starting the 2nd week of june. But you'll be very pleased with the results come end of the grow season. When planting by moon phase the diffrent phases of the moon signal plants to react diffrently. Plants such as MJ which are considered bushy flowering/fruit berring plants will just explode with growth, this also applys for your veggie gardens. But if you just want to try something a little diffrent I think you'll be suprised...take care..

sir tokie nailed that ! tomatoes i grow at home over the full moon ripen at a high rate of knots its as if they get 4 days of sun packed into 2.. type thing .thats an awesome point sir tokie go to the headmaster (we need you to advance )10/10

Yeah ... putting some of my 70-30's to germinate! I tried a second batch of my 50-50 bud last night, now that it's been curing for a few months. Right on! It's nearly as potent as the Aurora. Has that dank sativa smell. A nice high. This has encouraged me to try the F2 cross I made in the last grow (it's a 50-50 Aurora/Mexican sativa, back-bred to the sativa.)

Latest posts

Back