Anyone have any ideas on the problem here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gardenandcats

Reaction score
White widow 5ft high outside in 3/4 pro mix 1/4 coast of maine compost..Ph is around 6.5. Feeding fox farms grow big and big bloom. As directed one time a week. Hasn't been awfully rainy outside mix of a few nice sunny days and then some rainy light, rain days. Highs 80 days, nights around 60. They have been doing fine.3 out of 12 plants have the 2nd set of bottom leaves just starting to show this. I want to solve it before it gets any worse. I'm stumped. These 3 are planted directly in the ground.The others are in 5 gallon buckets doing great

gardencat.jpg

START OFF WITH FLUSHING THEM REAL GOOD PURE LAKE SPRING POND OR RAIN WATER SOAK THE HELL RIGHT OUT OF THEM,, LOOKS LIKE A PROBLEM I HAD LAST YEAR,, I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER FURTILIZING BUT WASNT ,, IT COULD BE A DESIESE I MOVED MY PLANT THAT DID THAT AWAY FROM THE OTHERS,, I WENT TO CANADIAN TIRE AND GOT BUG OFF,, JUST SPRAY YOUR LEAVES WITH THAT under them to ,, IT SEAMED TO HAVE WORKED FOR ME,A shortage of iron produces yellowed leaves to but i doubt thats the problem.Bug Kill works
well against spider mites ,, you dont want spidermites
mild pesticide might also be good cuz it could be a fungus,, what im sayin here is just flush your plant real good like the ones in the pots ,, you want water pooring out of the bottom draining lots and move the plant away from the others,, wait about a week befor you try bug kill or what ever cuz it could also have been just a fertilizer problem ,, but if it is still acting up use the bug kill or mild pesticide.

To be a lil more specific, I think it's a magnesium deficiency. You give epsom salts for mag deficiencies. An iron deficiency would make the plant start yellowing, just like a nitrogen def except it would start yellowing from the top. Iron deficiencies usually happen during flowering because too much phospho can lock out iron. Hope this helps.

My plants had, some still have the exact same problem. I looks like Mg deff. as stated by some of the more seasoned growers. Im still working on it, but i put some epson salt in with my normal nute's and let it sit with a bubbler for 24 hours. Then I took the mix an put it in a spray bottle, I have been doing foliar feeding for about 2 days now, still waiting to see if anything happens, but from the looks of it, its working. I think spraying them at night is a good idea that way the sun wont burn them.

i think its 1/2 tsp per gallon for the epson salt.

Its just a few leaves.I was thinking spider mites .But will try soom neam oil and epsom salts thanks

Latest posts

Back