Are bongs legal in the US?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm.. ask "Cheech" Marin.. ;)
He was busted for selling bongs online, I believe. "Drug paraphenalia"..
Now.. IMO.. bong could be considered a waterpipe for tobacco products, but you don't have to convince "me". It is a judge that you will have to convince.

I think Bongs are legal in USA.

I am not a legal expert, However, I stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night :rofl:

Seriously though, I did get 3 bongs this year in the mail from Holland, all 3 were opened and inspected and sent on to me with nothing more than a US Customs Service sticker of the inspection and labeled the contents as a glass pipe :hubba:

I took a pic, you can see that the rules apparently allow a bong, labeled a glass pipe to be sent to me ;)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :yay: :yay:

US Customs Sticker.JPG

Blimey - packages actually getting checked like that!

The amount of cannabis seeds get through to US guys must be very low?

Toni Montana said:
Blimey - packages actually getting checked like that!

The amount of cannabis seeds get through to US guys must be very low?

Or perhaps, more than a few packages come thru customs daily, hourly, minute by minute, second by second, and it's just a numbers game :hubba:

The pic shows that it was inspected and that the package contained no prohibited items ;)

Logically, that indicates to ME that a bong, so labeled, is not prohibited:rolleyes:

I know you are not allowed to say the word bong in any head shop in North America or countries in Western Europe that marijuana is not fully accepted because it refers to paraphenalia. A bong is a water pipe used to smoke marijuana that most likely has resin it it. That's what the police say anyways. It is probably safer to use the term water pipe and people do use them for tobacco and molasses as well. It is a smoking accessory.

Puffin Afatty said:
Or perhaps, more than a few packages come thru customs daily, hourly, minute by minute, second by second, and it's just a numbers game :hubba:

The pic shows that it was inspected and that the package contained no prohibited items ;)

Logically, that indicates to ME that a bong, so labeled, is not prohibited:rolleyes:

Hi

So I take it that people in the US buy seeds knowing that their stuff might get stopped and accept their losses (money spent on seeds) or do companies give them a refund?

Puffin Afatty said:
I think Bongs are legal in USA.

I am not a legal expert, However, I stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night :rofl:

Seriously though, I did get 3 bongs this year in the mail from Holland, all 3 were opened and inspected and sent on to me with nothing more than a US Customs Service sticker of the inspection and labeled the contents as a glass pipe :hubba:

I took a pic, you can see that the rules apparently allow a bong, labeled a glass pipe to be sent to me ;)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :yay: :yay:

Puffin, where and how do you order pipes from Holland?

When you goto a head shop to buy a "bong" you must say u want a water piper. And if you want a "bowl" for that water pipe you must call them a slider.

MercyEternity said:
Puffin, where and how do you order pipes from Holland?

I went to their site and ordered. I've had good luck with both, so far. Although, I did get damaged bowls/sliders twice from grasscity, they gave me free bongs with each replacement [I think it was due to their automated inventory system and possible language differences] I put pics of em in a thread here and in my gallery. I got 3 really nice molino glass bongs from grasscity for $50 shipped via USPS. Molino is made from pyrex glass I believe and very thick, very nice. :aok:

yea they are legal.. pipes bongs all that stuff is.. untill you smoke weed from it.. then it becomes parafenalia... but if theres no weed smoked from it then you can have all tha bongs you want

bongs are illegal in the states.

tobacco "water pipes" are legal however

some head shops are was uptight about this so becareful. They will kick you out... I don't like shops like that but its for legal purposes.

MercyEternity said:
I know you are not allowed to say the word bong in any head shop in North America or countries in Western Europe that marijuana is not fully accepted because it refers to paraphenalia. A bong is a water pipe used to smoke marijuana that most likely has resin it it. That's what the police say anyways. It is probably safer to use the term water pipe and people do use them for tobacco and molasses as well. It is a smoking accessory.
you can smoke molasses ????????

i buy a new bong from every state i visit...only if they are glass.....there are a few states that prohibit the sale of "smoking devices" but not many.In tennessee you can buy a glass bong/pipe at a gas station.

Puffin Afatty said:
I went to their site and ordered. I've had good luck with both, so far. Although, I did get damaged bowls/sliders twice from grasscity, they gave me free bongs with each replacement [I think it was due to their automated inventory system and possible language differences] I put pics of em in a thread here and in my gallery. I got 3 really nice molino glass bongs from grasscity for $50 shipped via USPS. Molino is made from pyrex glass I believe and very thick, very nice. :aok:

Two amazing websites eh? I just bought 2 molino bubblers. The bubblers are made out of borosilicate glass which is made from boron and silicon. Pyrex glass used to be borosilicate but now they are switched over to a new cheaper easier to break glass made out of sodium I think.

I don't know if you find out more let me know :)

yea lets think about this.... a pipe ... legal.. a bong illegal????
NO

your gonna tell me that its legal to sell a pipe but not legal if the smoke bubbles thru water?? you can buy um and own um all you want.. as long as you dont use them with an ilegal drug its fine..

MercyEternity said:

Yes - I was just in a head shop in the southeast US last week. When you say "bong", they tell you they're "water pipes" for consumption of tobacco. You're warned once - if you say "bong" a second time, you're asked to leave the store. At this point, you're free to browse the bong collection along with every other typical head shop items, including "water pipe" slides, etc. I was surprised to see how much glass bongs cost! The cheapest, little one was $110! I only paid $38 for my Bong Vodka bong and that includes 1 letre of nice vodka.

Finally, I noted in a different post that I did not find a single US-based online shop.

Toni Montana said:
Hi Tokers

Are bongs legal in the US?

Thank You

By definition, Bongs are NOT legal in the US!

Bong is a glass pipe used to smoke ILLEGAL substances. Therefore making a bong illegal by just using the term bong.

Water Pipe however is a pipe that by its own definition is not doing anything illegal.

The definition of Bong describes the use of it for illegal substances. You will never be able to stand your case against a "bong", you will always be braking the law.

LIke crossing the street and jay-walking. Crossing the street is just that. Crossing the street. Jay-walking however, is already defined to cross the street in an illegal manner.

Hope the analogy helps!

CIGH
:cool:

Hick said:
hmm.. ask "Cheech" Marin.. ;)
He was busted for selling bongs online, I believe. "Drug paraphenalia"..

It was Tommy Chong that got busted. Cheech's only recent crime was "Nash Bridges".

A "waterpipe" is legal unless it has been used for something illegal.

Yeah definitely was Chong. He has his animated face in all of his glass blown pieces. That's stupid because he is not selling anything with resin in it. They just wanted to pin him for something.

Latest posts

Back