area question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbie99

eam virides custodientes
Reaction score
what is the max area that a single 400w hps will effectively work for my flower area.
I usually flower one plant at a time, however, I have several in veg now that are doing so well that I want to try and do more than one this time. (if more than one turns out to be a lady)

I have a 2x2x4.5 flowering box inside a much larger room. expanding the box slightly would allow me to put more than one plant in next time.

I've been looking for a thread that explains light coverage and can't seem to find one. I'm sure it's here.

About 9 square feet.

Generally its 5000 lumens per sq/ft

these responses are both good news and confusing.

GD your response makes me happy in that I can expand.

and ToA...not quite sure what X2 is referring to...does that mean I can double my flower box area, is it 10k per sq ft, did you smoke two fatties?
the way I see it, all options are positive.

or perhaps it is I that smoked the fatties and you are merely seconding growdude's response and I spaced right past it...regardless, I will begin the upgrade soon.

as always, I bow to the knowledge of others and humbly thank you

TOA just saying:yeahthat:

Always figure 3000 lumens (minimum) for vegging area and 5000 lumens (minimum) for the flowering room

Sorry bout that muh friend herbie...

Ozzy got me lined out ;)

I was just concurring...

Thanks brothers :D

thanks guys...

new larger flower area up and running :clap:

Latest posts

Back