Auto-flowering LR#2 light spectrum question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBudGrower

Reaction score
Hello

I've got 6 sqare feet of closet space (3 ft by 2 ft)
I'll be using 12 26 watt CFL bulbs (100 watt replacements) at 1600 lumens each for 19,200 lumens.
3200 lumens per square foot.
I'm germinating 6 seeds so maximum will be 6 plants <if a miracle occurs> if I get 5 females and 1 male (need seeds)
So probably more like 4 plants total. if I get 3 females.

What type of bulbs would be best for me?
6500k?
3500k?
2700k?
A mix of these?
they are Autoflowering LR#2's so what spectrum is best?

My growlog has pics of my DIY light fixture (bear in mind it will have mylar lining tomorrow and 12 bulbs before my beans get here.) it's not complete yet but you can picture where the 6 other bulbs go.
Mylar sides and (maybe) floor in the closet as well before I grow.

In addition to what type of CFL, should I have more light 19,200 lumens?
If so how much more?

be careful with cfl's
protect your skin the light has high uv

check this

DANGER! The (Compact Fluorescent Bulb) and (mercury) at home
hXXp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NMimNv9xQeM[/url]

I am no math wiz by any means. I read your other post with your set-up. I started with cfl's and now have a lr2 grow under a400 hps. My thought is you also have to count your closet height in sq footage. If yoour room is 8 feet tall then you would have 48 sq ft instead of 6. Again, if this mat is wrong i apologize in advance. I have always seen sq footage as lxwxh:D

Newbud - rule of thumb is about 5000 lumens per sq foot for flowering, so yes you should either keep going the CFL route and add some more (2700k range for flowering ideally and 6500k for vegging) or take the hit and buy a HID system.

ms4ms - your slightly off :). LxW = area in sq feet, & LxWxH = volume in cubic feet. when figuring out your lumens/sq foot and all that good stuff to see what lighting you should get, figure out the sq footage of your area or the canopy of your grow

hope this helps

a million there willow. that means I have even better lite coverage than I thought. Sorry for the wrong info. I actually just googled sq feet and found my mistake. I ahve been out of school for 30+:D

Latest posts

Back