Autoflower CFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FTP817

Reaction score
Wuts up yall,I got 2 White Dwarf autos growin right now there lookin alright 2wks in. I gotem under three 65watt 6500k CFL's they give out 3400lumens each. My question is when they start flowering should I buy 2700k CFL's because 2700k is used for flowering. Or does it not really matter for autos. Is 6500k alright to use while these are budding?

Hello FTP817 :)

An Auto is exactly the same as a normal MJ plant and needs everything you would give to a normal plant.

Just because it is an Auto that doesnt mean it needs less.

They can happily grow in 3-5lt pots (1 gal)

No feed until flowering, then start flowering nutes at half strength for 2 weeks then full strength.

No nutes for the last 2 weeks and no flush is needed.

They need 5,000 lumens per ft just like normal MJ.

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello FTP817 :)

An Auto is exactly the same as a normal MJ plant and needs everything you would give to a normal plant.

Just because it is an Auto that doesnt mean it needs less.

They can happily grow in 3-5lt pots (1 gal)

No feed until flowering, then start flowering nutes at half strength for 2 weeks then full strength.

No nutes for the last 2 weeks and no flush is needed.

They need 5,000 lumens per ft just like normal MJ.

no yeah bro i know that but uh i meant does 6500k daylight bud them

FTP817 said:
no yeah bro i know that but uh i meant does 6500k daylight bud them

They flower with age.

Age.

Little light gives little harvests.

More light gives more.

They do not need high light power.

But the more you give it will give you more smoke.

2700s give the red (sodium) feedings a plant needs.
6500s give the blue feeding needed for photosynthesis.
You want a majority red feeding during flowering. Blue feeding is pointless at that point. Until the final week of flower which the plant wants that blue again.

FTP817 said:
Wuts up yall,I got 2 White Dwarf autos growin right now there lookin alright 2wks in. I gotem under three 65watt 6500k CFL's they give out 3400lumens each. My question is when they start flowering should I buy 2700k CFL's because 2700k is used for flowering. Or does it not really matter for autos. Is 6500k alright to use while these are budding?

hey buddy
IMO i have recently got rid of my CFL lights... beleive me or not they cost more power for growing then you think... 3400lumens @ 65W you say.... get a 70W hps @ 6500 lumens... there cheap cheap cheap
you'll get more out of that them you will out of the CFL's
IMO...
take care and be safe man..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
hey buddy
IMO i have recently got rid of my CFL lights... beleive me or not they cost more power for growing then you think... 3400lumens @ 65W you say.... get a 70W hps @ 6500 lumens... there cheap cheap cheap
you'll get more out of that them you will out of the CFL's
IMO...
take care and be safe man..
LH
thanks I didnt know they sold 70w HPS's Ill check it out

FTP817 said:
thanks I didnt know they sold 70w HPS's Ill check it out

I would like to suggest that you look at the 150W HPS. A 70W is good for a space about 14" x 14". A 150W will cover about 3 sq ft. Either one of these can be put into a Pyrex bakearound tube to help cool it.

Imho! my light bill has went down using cfl's plus heat is not that much of an issue. Thinkin on adding a t-5 floro to the mix, dunno.

Yo Hamster somebody who uses CFLs..... If 1 can veg with a HPS than 1 can veg with 2700k CFLs? I hope so cause I found a brand new 6pack 20watt 2700ks in my closet and I just started germin'!

nope.

Veg under both, bud under both.

you need all the light you can get in this small of a grow.

Put a candle in there if you got room. ;)

ROFL

Latest posts

Back