Bagseed Practice Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Ganja

Learning to Cultivate
Reaction score
:bong: :smoke1: so i ordered seeds from Nirvana 3 weeks ago (not here yet) so i started a bagseed grow a couple of weeks ago. This is my third attempt at growing and i must say i know lot more this time around then i did before. Started out all these plants in seeds starter trays, got my first real experience with transplanting, also got some experience with LST'ing i think (zip ties on the "Grape" to hold it up.. Another thing this practice run is allowing me to do is it gives me time to set up the spaces appropriately. Right now i a running CFL ligts. I see people using the cfl light sockets that plug right in to the surge protector anybody have a link for those? I will be picking up a 2" T5 this weekend hopefully. Heres a few pics, my questions are: 1, Are my plants stretching? Will more light fix this? whats the next size bucket to move the plants up to?

Sorry for posting sideways my first time using the site to post.

photo 1-1.JPG

photo 2-1.JPG

photo 3-1.JPG

photo 4-1.JPG

also got some experience with LST'ing i think (zip ties on the "Grape" to hold it up.

Lst is tying them down, not tying them up

Yes your plants are stretching hence the need for you to tie them up. When you transplant bury the stem next time.

I go solo cup to 5x5x5 container then to 3 gallon smart pots and/or grow bags when transplanting. If not concerned about saving space in my veg tent I will and have gone straight from solo cup to 3 gallon smart pots.

Yes more light/better/closer lights will reduce stretch.

pcduck said:
Lst is tying them down, not tying them up

Yes your plants are stretching hence the need for you to tie them up. When you transplant bury the stem next time.

I go solo cup to 5x5x5 container then to 3 gallon smart pots and/or grow bags when transplanting. If not concerned about saving space in my veg tent I will and have gone straight from solo cup to 3 gallon smart pots.

Yes more light/better/closer lights will reduce stretch.

ok thanx a lot . I only had to tie up that 1, imma see what i can do about lights this weekend

A small oscillating fan will help strengthen the stems, too. I do much like duck. I transfer from the solo cups to either a 1 gal pot or 3 gal pot. I don't have any smart pots though. I was thinking of trying some out.

I'm another red solo cup person here. Then to 9" pots lined with smart pot material. (before I was going to 3 gal pots as their last home, but I'm going hydro now)

Gonna def look into smart pots gonna do some reading about em here. I went and bought some more lights for them i didnt get the veg blue i didnt pay attention smh but its a mixed spectrum now, how much harm could that do? Its a practice run any (SInce my Nirvana seeds came today :D :D ) So im gonna buy some more seeds from nirvana too so when i move to my new place i would have my "real setup" and i will be doing the seeds that i purchase. This bag seed run imma just run CFL's the whole way thru. I will use 1000 watt for flowering and a 600 watt for veg when its time.
Included are some pics i just took after adding some light, sounds weird but they seemed instantly happy :icon_smile: my Grapes is the one thats tied up its sprouting more in the past couple days. its will be two weeks since germ on sunday. The grape ape just seems like its stretching and all the reggie plants are growing agressive and green :icon_smile:

yeah im having trouble posting pics sorry ill have to try again later

a few more, in this pic you can see the "Grapes"is sprouting more fan leaves it is two weeks from planting. What that growing at the top is it a bud site? a pistil? or just more fan leaves. And in the pic of the "dude on a bike" those are my Bubblicious and White widow straight from holland :)

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Mind if I pull my couch up and watch the greenery???

I too have some bubblicious on the way from across the pond. Green mojo to you friend!

budz4me said:
Mind if I pull my couch up and watch the greenery???

I too have some bubblicious on the way from across the pond. Green mojo to you friend!
:48:

I said i wasnt gonna pop none of them seeds until i get my light but man its so tempting! i dont the, under these cfls ima t least wait until i get this 2' 2bulb t5 i seen on hd site.was about 100$ so itll be a few weeks before i get it. Im gonna start to prepare the flower room in a couple weeks, ill put a 4' 4 bulb in there if i can i dont want a bunch of plugs in that closet from the cfls now that i think about it. Ill just got flower spectrum t5 lights

:confused2: :huh: I know what you need

GREEN MOJO

Good luck with your grow

ozzydiodude said:
:confused2: :huh: I know what you need

GREEN MOJO

Good luck with your grow

Lol thanx, feel free to offer up opinions :p

Gary Ganja said:
Lol thanx, feel free to offer up opinions :p

Thanx!

Went to check on them this morning they were a little dry. That extra light got them drinking a little more.I gave em a good watering imma go check on them again few hours to see how theyre doing.

I went to check them this morning and i must say the plants are loving the extra light! I see now i have to water them on a better schedule i was doing one real watering a day then just a light spraying on the plant and the top of the soil but now im gon give them a drink in the morning, spray the soil and the plant in the middle of the day then another drink at night and see how they like it. My "Grapes" plant is doing nicely and my grape ape is about to start sprouting more to. I had to top all the plants soil off too to hide some of the stem im not sure if the perlite is absorbing water and shrinking the overall level idk but i added just soil to each plant. Running the plants on 24/0 as of now will for a couple more weeks then ill switch to 20/4. Heres the pics :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

photo 1-2.JPG

photo 2-2.JPG

photo 3-2.JPG

photo 4-2.JPG

photo 5.JPG

I cant wait to get even better light for the plants :icon_smile:

photo 1-3.JPG

photo 2-3.JPG

photo 3-3.JPG

photo 4-3.JPG

Looks like their off to a great start

Good luck

Sending Green Mojo to help them grow and grow and grow

ozzydiodude said:
Looks like their off to a great start

Good luck

Sending Green Mojo to help them grow and grow and grow

Thanx a lot!

I have a new unwelcomed friend, a horse fly :eek:

I would keep them at 24/0 unless they are auto's. Shutting the lights off for 4 hours just slows the growth rate. They dont need a dark period at all during veg...just 24/0 to get them into flower as big and lush as possible.

Latest posts

Back