Beginner First GDP Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:
Just finished 3rd week of flower for second grow. I flipped several GDP clones from original first grow plant.
IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg

After curing, my GDP jars smell grapey sweet, but that indica spice/hash/sandalwood in background.

Sometimes jarred weed smells a little grassy early on, but it all that will be gone after cure

Bubba

Fattening up a bit. Flower week Fivish... GDP clones, White Widow, Bubba Kush, and Jack Herer! Narrowing down my preferred strains. During this second grow attempt I noticed I haven't written down every maintenance detail. Paying close attention to the weight of pots and days between watering. Also intentionally reduced the percentage of nutes as first grow had heavy PPM runoff.

IMG_0784.jpg
IMG_0783.jpg

If I can't get clear, I get their lavender. Sounds silly, but extremely clear. Being able to see the smoke helps me prevent over toke and coughing fit.

Bubba

Right! Who the heck can really tell what's going on in there when the glass is everything but clear and full of bells and whistles...

Yes Give them a light squeeze to check the bud everyday. These are my clones. Clones are way different to me. I hope you post your grow along the way so we can compare. Two of the six in the pic will have to go so they are in competition which four get to stay in the tent will choose at next transplantView attachment 287522
They may appear different to you but as they are in picture, looking great! I didn't notice any physical difference in my GDP clones but these clones are producing more than the mother plant! My current GDP clones have proper colas forming on them this time! Maybe I'm improving having watered less, used less nutrients, measuring run off water PPM and PH, adding a little molasses to nutes as well.

Fattening up a bit. Flower week Fivish... GDP clones, White Widow, Bubba Kush, and Jack Herer! Narrowing down my preferred strains. During this second grow attempt I noticed I haven't written down every maintenance detail. Paying close attention to the weight of pots and days between watering. Also intentionally reduced the percentage of nutes as first grow had heavy PPM runoff.

View attachment 293421View attachment 293422
Wait until weeks 7 and 8.......these things will swell swell swell....really begins to get big in a hurry.

Nice grow! You gotta love Spiderfarmer for the money....
You said it! "For the money" you do gotta love Spiderfarmer. I mean running a 2x4 at home for personal use doesn't allow me to go hog wild on space, gadgets, and lighting. I figured for the limited foot print these lights will serve us well until the next lighting miracle comes along. I just know I'd be killing it if I could run some higher wattage with proper space and ventilation.

Wait until weeks 7 and 8.......these things will swell swell swell....really begins to get big in a hurry.
Howdy Bubba!
Thank You for messaging. I hear you on waiting into wks 7 & 8 to assess the plants. First grow got chopped too early I feel and will now obey the plant signs regarding pistils, fade, and trichomes. Will post pics at week 8 so we can all have a vote :)

You said it! "For the money" you do gotta love Spiderfarmer. I mean running a 2x4 at home for personal use doesn't allow me to go hog wild on space, gadgets, and lighting. I figured for the limited foot print these lights will serve us well until the next lighting miracle comes along. I just know I'd be killing it if I could run some higher wattage with proper space and ventilation.
For personal use, a 2x4 is fine. Once I got a stash up, its what I typically use while finding things I want a bunch of, or raising seeds etc. I have 2 2x4 and 1 4x4, but i 2x4 for maintaining stash is fine for me. Easy to pull 10-12 oz, I have pushed 15.5 as a maximum effort, required a lot of plant tweeking and trimming, 5 dos si dos in 5 five gallon pots. To get a couple more oz, was a lot of effort...... 12 is easy.

Bubba

Howdy Bubba!
Thank You for messaging. I hear you on waiting into wks 7 & 8 to assess the plants. First grow got chopped too early I feel and will now obey the plant signs regarding pistils, fade, and trichomes. Will post pics at week 8 so we can all have a vote :)
Oh, I'm just saying they swell during weeks 7 and 8 like crazy. All that bulk you are starting to get is pistols sticking out of Caylex, piling on top of each other. Usually during weeks 7 and 8 these littlemparts swell to twice their size, adding hard bulk to indica strain buds. They will more likely than not still be needing a couple more weeks for proper amber.

when in doubt, two more weeks...

bubba

Money spent on SF-1000, 100 bucks. (sale). Herb harvested so far, 4.0 ounces very good weed. (not including trim) Price of Weed in N. Va area 300/z.= money very well spent! Electricity? If I turn one light off in my house and run the SF-1000, I break even. 97 watts is almost nothing. I'm on grow three now, and in a year, I will have saved well over a thousand dollars easily.

Spiderfarmer has made weed almost completely free for me! And my weed is not all dried popcorn like the dispenseries ! Life is good.

Now if only I can figure out how to fit one of the new bar style Spiderfarmers into my cabinet....I'll be giving weed away for free with one of those !

The SF-1000 provides all the weed I could ever want for personal use. I love it. (Note: one of my goals is to get over three ounces of top bud off a single plant and 100 watts of power. I know it can be done, I'm a newbie and am getting close. A little more experience and I got it !)

Your grow looks great man, I gotta try GDP,maybe next, its Durban Poison time now.

Latest posts

Back