big problem need to fix asap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emptypackofcigs

Reaction score
i have a pretty big dilema... what should i do...??? the temps in my closet are too high... about 90-95F... i need to get them down to 80 asap... what are some good ways to get the temps down... i know i should get some ventilation going but i really can't there is only one door to my closet... and i need to keep it in tact so my folks dont see... any other ways to lower the temps?

Try and get a fan blowing in between the top of your plant and bottom of the bulb. Helped for my situation a lot. good luck

my trick is an exhaust fan in the cabinet and or closet , like a bathroom exhaust fan . vent it with some cheap duct work to the outside , get a dryer vent kit , mount the dryer vent outside , pack the duct work (somewhere that can be changed ) with a universal charcoal filter and some CHEAP dryer SHEETS . change dryer sheets regularly . like a summer breeze , smell like laundry bro . hope it helps (atleast if you can vent and or drill the required holes ) . PEACE :D

ya can't vent out... so i need to figure a way to cool it down in there i think i got an idea... i have a 12 in oscilating fan i'll put it in there i mean there is 4 3in fans and a 8in fan in there already its just so hot... i need to get it cooler somehow... i dont know how though ill try this

vent into a ceiling , wall , anywhere that can distribute heat if , you need to that bad . and do it at the TOP of the closet heat rises bro . :D PEACE

ya but i can't cut into any walls or the cieling... but oh well i'll do what i can

what kind of lights u using? can u maybe change to somthing that dont throw off as much heat? and maybe throw a small fan in there. good luck peace

ya i'm using a 400w HPS and i have 3 fans in there now but i think its gonna be cool now cause i have my closet door open all the time now everyone is gonna be out of the house for 10 days i got my best friend and gonna be brother in law taking care of the kids (if you know what i mean) so it should be much better temps are topped off at 80 flatt... so i'm good!

Are your plants almost done? Are you gonna chop them when you get back? If not, what will you do for ventilation when you have to start closing the door again? You can have any number of fans inside the closet but unless you get air flowing in and out, all that's gonna do is blow hot air around.

i know i should get some ventilation going but i really can't there is only one door to my closet... and i need to keep it in tact so my folks dont see.
..get out of your parents house, before you attempt to grow.
You're most likely subjecting them to inprisonment and seizure of the very roof they have worked to provide for you.
Children growing in the home, without their parents consent isn't going to get any "help" from me nor any other "Parent".

I have no idea how he is gonna keep the smell from going all over when those girls flower when he can't vent.

lol this getting crazy , my closet is vented in a way , not drilled a damn thing just the wires from the lights & fan go into each door , so that small gap is my ventilation haha , ive yet to sort it out properly but im pretty sure i saved it in time from the 12/12 situation , i had it set like that for a few days , im hoping it will be ok back on the 24/0 ...

but anyway if your cabinet is near the wall im sure you could do drilling there (inside your cabinet) for ventilation...

thats what i'll end up doing unless its not good enough-

~uk1~

Hick said:
..get out of your parents house, before you attempt to grow.
You're most likely subjecting them to inprisonment and seizure of the very roof they have worked to provide for you.
Children growing in the home, without their parents consent isn't going to get any "help" from me nor any other "Parent".

hick actually there is no threat for my parents... i'm actually growing for a medicinal purpose and i'm allowed by the state of california to possess up to 6 mature plants... i have 2 and my parents know of the grow... they just dont want me deconstructing the house and putting holes in it when i'm only gonna be there for another year or so

Dada said:
Are your plants almost done? Are you gonna chop them when you get back? If not, what will you do for ventilation when you have to start closing the door again? You can have any number of fans inside the closet but unless you get air flowing in and out, all that's gonna do is blow hot air around.

ya my plants are almost done... when i get back it will be a week give or take a few days before i chop them down... they get air flow its just not constant... every night when the lights go on... i open the door for about 4-6 hours and then for the last 6 hours the door is closed... but as for now they are always open... i think i'm just gonna do it like that... leave them open for the whole light period... then close it min before they go off... should be fine... anyways peace and thanks for the questions

Latest posts

Back