Controllers and why you need one for your tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
To my knowledge there are two controller systems one from Vivosun and one from AC Infinity. Each has its own merits but when it comes right down to it being able to manipulate your exhaust fan is a really big deal if you want to tightly control your tent environment. If you control nothing else this is the gadget to control. My system allows me to control other things but the exhaust is essential. If you don't get a controller then get a monitor that will bluetooth to your device for like $20 and well worth it allowing you to see everything that happens in your tent and keep statistics.

Today is a thought on a control type I had not previously thought to use. I have been controlling the environment at day 19 using heat and/or humidity settings. Then I realized that it won't run over in a timed loop. I set the exhaust fan for 30 minutes off and one minute on. Pulls cold air in the bottom vents top are closed. Takes about 15 minutes to stabilize then in another 15 the fan comes on again. After the one minute the temp drops 2 degrees, the humidity 6 and VPD changes like from .97 to1.20 then as it comes up it stays in that range. Like flowing a cool breeze over the plants then allowing them a perfect recovery.

And, as per one of Carty's threads, I also have the lights come on dim for a few minutes before blasting them but I can't drag my ass out of bed to do it manually so I am lucky that I can control my light as well.

i loved my controllers , heat , humidity , fans controllers

only thing i never tried in all my years was an automated waterer

i always wanted to hand water my plants so i could get up close and personal with the plants , it gave me time to examine each plant on the days we watered

outdoors was about the same way , but sometimes with 100 or more plants we just used a water hose and letter rip

I was pretty unhappy with AC Infinity's fan controller. They make fair controllers for home environment control, etc. The one for the grow tent is basically just a switch for some threshold value, temperature, RH, etc. It goes from base speed to max in about 10 seconds. It's useful, but it could be so much better.

i loved my controllers , heat , humidity , fans controllers

only thing i never tried in all my years was an automated waterer

i always wanted to hand water my plants so i could get up close and personal with the plants , it gave me time to examine each plant on the days we watered

outdoors was about the same way , but sometimes with 100 or more plants we just used a water hose and letter rip
For my tent automatic watering is exactly where I am headed

i always automated watering. i grow in ebb and flow which is necessary and easy to automate

Only controller I use is for CO2. Lights are on a timer, vent fan go with the lights, and the dehumidifier stays on. The air conditioner is thermostatically controlled, and the pump for the recirculating water stays on all the time.

Hoppie just said it best. I don't use C02, a dehumidifier or a pump. And my lights and fans are on timers and I control my temps with a speed control, furnace and a/c. A controller would be a waste of $$$.

Hoppie just said it best. I don't use C02, a dehumidifier or a pump. And my lights and fans are on timers and I control my temps with a speed control, furnace and a/c. A controller would be a waste of $$$.
I can certainly see that. But I can also see the need for people who, like me, have room for a tent and no experience to thrive using a controller. I also use a heater and humidifier at this point. I know if I create exact conditions I can’t miss….I hope

I can certainly see that. But I can also see the need for people who, like me, have room for a tent and no experience to thrive using a controller. I also use a heater and humidifier at this point. I know if I create exact conditions I can’t miss….I hope
Totally understand. One thing I didn't mention. I am in jail. Glued to my grow. I am anal about watching everything. That is why I am shutting down the flower this this summer. Still no rest but won't be quite as hectic.

Totally understand. One thing I didn't mention. I am in jail. Glued to my grow. I am anal about watching everything. That is why I am shutting down the flower this this summer. Still no rest but won't be quite as hectic.
Trust me I love looking in on them but I cant devote all my time to them hence the automation. And when it looks like we will be traveling for a few weeks I can automate a 12/12 grow that won’t need trimming

Trust me I love looking in on them but I cant devote all my time to them hence the automation. And when it looks like we will be traveling for a few weeks I can automate a 12/12 grow that won’t need trimming
I am terrible. I get separation anxiety with leaving home and my animals let alone my plants. So bad I can't relax to the point that I need to stay trashed. I can do that right here like......now.

Basically the only time I leave home is to go to lowes or pickup something for several years. I have a shirt saying my dogs rescued me and it’s rare one of us isn’t home with them at any time. But we plan on a couple of vacations the dates of which I will work into my schedule.

I gotta get outside more but honestly it’s just full of people that, to me, seem horrible. The majority of people think lying is a way of life. I just don’t understand it and don’t want to try. I just stay away from them

why do you shut off the fans?

Basically the only time I leave home is to go to lowes or pickup something for several years. I have a shirt saying my dogs rescued me and it’s rare one of us isn’t home with them at any time. But we plan on a couple of vacations the dates of which I will work into my schedule.

I gotta get outside more but honestly it’s just full of people that, to me, seem horrible. The majority of people think lying is a way of life. I just don’t understand it and don’t want to try. I just stay away from them

i hate people more than anyone i know

I use the AC infinity controller. Can control everything through my phone. For watering, I really like those AC Infinity self watering bases. I’m not affiliated with ACI in any way, but I really like their products. IMHO they are the Apple Store of grow products.

i hate people more than anyone i know
I used to say that but I realized something after I retired. Most people are born with a pair of rose colored glasses. They can never remove them and it directly affects their decisions for their entire life. They easily connect with other people and relish small talk.

I have no rose colored glasses and I detest small talk. I can never connect with the “common” man no matter how much I try. I am far too literal….that’s right….I just tell the truth

Latest posts

Back