Black buckets at w@lmart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybusiness

98% chimp
Reaction score
Just a heads up, I've notice that the wallyworlds have been carrying the black 5 gallon buckets. Runs about $4.60 or so, as i recall. Gotta stock up so i can flower my Cindys!

I can find the double lipped gray 5 gals at Lowes for $2.39 per;) They may not be as dark as the black ones (obviously), but they are very sufficient and work perfectly. Ironically, the lesser quality (IMO) thinner walled, single lipped buckets of the same color go for like $2.99.:confused2:

The Effen Gee said:
Please do not shop at walmart.

Not a walmart fan ???
LH
great when you have kids man i'll tell you what... mmmmhhhhhmmmmm..

nvthis said:
I can find the double lipped gray 5 gals at Lowes for $2.39 per;) They may not be as dark as the black ones (obviously), but they are very sufficient and work perfectly. Ironically, the lesser quality (IMO) thinner walled, single lipped buckets of the same color go for like $2.99.:confused2:

I remember those buckets seemed like a light gray to me. They don't leak light? I'll have to check em out. If they require taping or painting then i'd pass though. Drives me nuts not to mention time and paint would add up to the addition $2 anyways. Thanks for the tip, i'll look into them! (literally)

Check my gj, there should be some pics of them on the first page..;)

You can get square 5 gallon buckets at hydro stores for less than $5 and square is the way, I like square.

nvthis said:
Check my gj, there should be some pics of them on the first page..;)
Very nice. I had actually checked it out before but didn't notice the Lowes brand buckets. I like the multiple bucket extension idea for the soil. I'll definitely have to go check em out and see if they'll block out enough light for a dwc.

leafminer said:
You can get square 5 gallon buckets at hydro stores for less than $5 and square is the way, I like square.

total agreement!.. not only do square cotainers allow you to utilize floor space more efficiently, but square containers, of same diameter as round, contain more volume. (8" round pot v.s. 8" square pot) More volume, more space for root growth, more room/space, more/bigger plants, yield. (obviously a "5 gallon" bucket is 5 gallons, whether square or round)

This web site has a lot of plastic buckets and anything else with plastic.

hXXp://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=25038&catid=752

change the XX to tt

Mine cost me Nothing because I go to all the homes that are being build and get there 5 gal bucket and take them home and clean them up and I am ready to Groooow..

pcduck said:
hXXp://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=25038&catid=752

change the XX to tt

The last resort to getting buckets if one can't get them free or buy at local store..
Probably pay a small price for shipment..

The Effen Gee said:

LOL--Well, I am glad to see that I am not the only one who does not like Walmart. I buy my black buckets from US Plastic--the link pcduck mentioned.

I too have ordered from US plastic and had no complaints but by the time you work the shipping costs in the price is almost the same. (Not to mention they are out of the cheap black buckets currently). Don't no much about their politics either but i don't have a lot of faith in any corporation.

I did not read the literature but for plastic tubing,and many things plastic that are hard to find....Local black buckets at TSC with lids...cheap..no shipping ...or you buy enough to go straight to manufacture at $2.50

The Effen Gee said:

Hey, Gee, why don't you pick on someone your own size? Pushing little old Sam Walton around--shame on you.;)

Actually if you have enough height, (they are about 4" taller than regular square pots) Costco had some great waste paper bins last time I was there, I bought some, they hold 5 gallons each. The bins are dark brown which is good for the roots, and rectangular, which is nearly as good as square. They were pretty cheap, cheaper than pots. I made a couple into hempy buckets.

PencilHead said:
Hey, Gee, why don't you pick on someone your own size? Pushing little old Sam Walton around--shame on you.;)

ya really.

I either buy from the supplyer, or get them from my local hydro store and pay out the butt for them.

Honestly though, just watching the people that frequent Walmart is almost worth the price of the ticket.

Not many of years back, I was trading off kids with an ex, using the Walmart in Lake City, FL as the pick-up point. Saw a guy with a leather fringed stash bag--I dook you not. Thought I was in Berkely for a minute there.:rolleyes:

years ago I went to wall mart on black friday. As we were standing there waiting for the mass of people to clear out, I felt someone ramming their cart into the back of my legs. I spun around ready to freak out on them. It was a 70ish year old lady, looking at me mean as hell. I sighed and told her you're not going anywhere soon, so stop it.

Latest posts

Back