blub changing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8t0thetop

Reaction score
I know i spelled bulb wrong just alittle hi
I have MH & HPS 400watt ballast is there anymore to it then just changing the blub in the lamp? the blubs are the same size and same size soccet right?

What type of ballast do you have?

Sorry cant help ya man all the info I could find on that ballast was in french ;)

i know its for both but normally with dual ballasts do u need to do anything? or just change the blub in your light and your done

If its a digital ballast, or switchable, then yes you can.

If its not, you wont be able to. I think the rule is... If its an HPS ballast, it is usually useable with an HPS conversion bulb. If its an HPS ballast, I dont believe its gonna work. I would check with your retailer, or read your box.

thanks from what i read online about it it should be good
just wanted to make HPS bulbs and MH bulbs were the same size

Oh, yeah. I believe they should fit. The only thing, not sure if they are different, is there are some bulbs that are meant to be vertical only, and others that are 'universal' and can be vertical or horizontal.

I dont know if they are different sockets, but id bet they were the same, just the way you mounted them.

Latest posts

Back